S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Is NevadaJack back in the race..stay tuned

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by CE750
I can't wait for the properly done pics you'll take! It'll be the best documentary of the new S class online to date.

You know, the exterior styling of the new S has already won me over, and the build quality seems to be as good as ever... so we'll just have to see how reliable it proves... I'm sure you'll report on that as well for us!

I'll bet it's hard to go to bed now and have to wait those few weeks!

BTW.. you should take a road trip with it to Phoenix, and take Dan and I out for a night on the town.. I'll treat!
Yes Sam...you can bet the Canon and all the lenses will be used to show this baby off.

I really liked the W220 and it was my first S, but the anticipation on this one will be high. This car impresses me no end and I think it is the leader in the return of MB to the top of the list for quality, performance and ride. It will be tough driving back from Denver on the interstates and hold it to factory recommendations for the first 1000 to 1500 miles.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ClayJ
Yooooou can dooooo eeeeet!

(...and we always want pics...).
I did it Clay and included pictures...but the live ones will have to wait until late May.

I really think the photos above are Flint Grey (much darker) and the first front view is the Andorite but is in a dark lit area showing highlights, The overhead view is the closest I have seen to the light color of the Andorite Grey.

Last edited by Nevada Jack; 03-05-2006 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(...and we always want pics...).

I believe you....

Old 03-05-2006, 10:11 AM
ON PROBATION

Jack- I've seen pics from you before, I'm sure you will capture and portray her in all of her magnificence here on the forums for all to see....

I too believe that the Andorite grey is more of a silver/blue, light-valued grey - and is not as dark or full in tone as the Flint or Graphite greys. I agree that the overhead is probably as close as we've seen to Andorite Grey's 'true colors'. Do think that it is a fantastic choice for the S; and am still leaning towards it myself.

I am very pleased for you, and can't wait to hear you gush over her once you get your hands on her. Nicely done.

May is not that far away.....
Old 03-05-2006, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jack- I've seen pics from you before, I'm sure you will capture and portray her in all of her magnificence here on the forums for all to see....

I too believe that the Andorite grey is more of a silver/blue, light-valued grey - and is not as dark or full in tone as the Flint or Graphite greys. I agree that the overhead is probably as close as we've seen to Andorite Grey's 'true colors'. Do think that it is a fantastic choice for the S; and am still leaning towards it myself.

I am very pleased for you, and can't wait to hear you gush over her once you get your hands on her. Nicely done.

May is not that far away.....
I agree 100% on your color analysis. And yes I will shoot more pictures than most will want to look at and I will "gush" over it...if I don't call for help.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:43 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 S500
Sure is great news...but a damn shame that a man from Vegas has got to deal with somebody in Denver to buy a car. I guess it shows that the world is shrinking. That would be like me driving to Atlanta to trade cars.

I envy that you can drive what you want to drive and buy it where you want to buy it. Get some good shots of that rascal with The Rockies in the back ground. You obviously know your way around photography...a photo essay of your trip would probably be fun to do...you might even be able to sell it to Automobile, MT or C&D.

Most importantly...have fun.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sprink49
Sure is great news...but a damn shame that a man from Vegas has got to deal with somebody in Denver to buy a car. I guess it shows that the world is shrinking. That would be like me driving to Atlanta to trade cars.

I envy that you can drive what you want to drive and buy it where you want to buy it. Get some good shots of that rascal with The Rockies in the back ground. You obviously know your way around photography...a photo essay of your trip would probably be fun to do...you might even be able to sell it to Automobile, MT or C&D.

Most importantly...have fun.
Fletcher Jones didn't even offer me an opportunity...they have a waiting list into Fall and could not offer me any kind of allocation before then. It says more than " the world is shrinking." It indicates how the automobile marker has changed from stock to shrinking inventories. The web has also had a major impact. Three of my last 4 cars have been bought through a web connection so some kind.

I doubt my delivery trip will be "a photo essay"...I just don't have the patience I used to have. I will shoot some nice images and post some albums as usual.

Thanks sprink...fun is the name of the game...
Old 03-05-2006, 11:04 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 S500
Jack...having driven both W220 and W221..what s your observation as to the major differences between the two cars?
Old 03-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Very cool Jack!

Sweet how you're going to drive it all the way to Denver, but sad that you have to leave the S430 there .

There is pretty nice scenary out in Denver that would definitely do the S-Class some justice.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sprink49
Jack...having driven both W220 and W221..what s your observation as to the major differences between the two cars?
Oh Boy...I drove the S550 probably about a little over a mile when they first got the demo in. As I remember it was certainly more responsive performance wise and the ride was softer and quieter. I have the 18" staggered low profiles on my S430 and they ride a little rougher and louder than the 18" Touring on the demo. That is one of the reasons I stayed with the standard wheels and tires on the 550.

I liked the dash layout more and although I really did not use the COMAND that much, what I did fool with was easy to use and the hand rest (phone pad) seemed well postitioned. The seats (without the Multicontour) seemed more comfortable in the 550 and it felt that I was a little bit lower...the S430 gives me the feeling I am sitting kind of high. I am always making sure the seat is all the way down. The demo did not have any of the new options so I really have no feel for them.

Sorry I cannot provide more info but it was short and sweet demo ride...but enough to get my juices flowing and creating a desire to make a move. The S430 is a great car but I just wanted some of the latest technology to play with. I would be happy with either one in my garage.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BTW.. you should take a road trip with it to Phoenix, and take Dan and I out for a night on the town.. I'll treat!
I just saw your edit...sounds like a nice idea. Maybe in Fall...test out the suspension on Suicide Hwy Route 93...:-) I lived in Pebble Creek for about a year and a half out near Litchfield Park. Left there in Dec '94 for LV.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:08 PM

Congrads on the car. Love the color. What does the Prem Leather include? Is it just higher quality leather on the seats, or it's full leather interior (dash, doors, headliner)? Thanx
Old 03-05-2006, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by thuged_out
Congrads on the car. Love the color. What does the Prem Leather include? Is it just higher quality leather on the seats, or it's full leather interior (dash, doors, headliner)? Thanx
The standard leather cover the seats, center console, doors magazine racks on the back of the front seats and some other areas I can't remember right now. The premium option includes the seating surfaces only. The Designo option has a lot more and has a lot more stitching detail I think.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
Congratulations Jack!

I do look forward to your stunning photos. They are always very exciting and professional. MBWorld will definitely have to upgrade their servers, and ad at least a terabyte of new storage capacity.

I may have to stop following your lead on MB upgrades before it bankrupt's me.

Best of luck on your exciting purchase and tour of the U.S.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Congratulations Jack!

I do look forward to your stunning photos. They are always very exciting and professional. MBWorld will definitely have to upgrade their servers, and ad at least a terabyte of new storage capacity.

I may have to stop following your lead on MB upgrades before it bankrupt's me.

Best of luck on your exciting purchase and tour of the U.S.
Thanks...I'll try an go easy on the images and limit it to my 2GB microdrive. That should give me enough to slow this forum to a crawl...:-)

I am looking forward to my trip east and visiting with my sister and other friends who I have not seen in a while. They all expect me to drive up in a White S430...can't wait to hear those comments...
Old 03-05-2006, 04:37 PM

Congrats on the car, here's a touchup till it gets there for u.
Attached Thumbnails Is NevadaJack back in the race..stay tuned-untitled-1-copy.gif  
Old 03-05-2006, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Braheem
Congrats on the car, here's a touchup till it gets there for u.
Thanks Braheem...nice job. The added highlights and sharpening give it a nice real car appearance.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:07 PM

You guys make me sick. You fawdle and dawdle all over this dude like he's some kind of superhero. Puleeze. He's buying a freakin' car for gosh sake. A FREAKIN CAR!

You oggle, you goggle, you slobber at the mouth, slinging foam droplets every inch of the way, patting NJ on the back. Get a life.

Now that I've alienated everyone else...I must be the first to drape my calloused hand across the leater, to put the shifter into gear gently, to caress the steering wheel with love, to admire you as you pull into my driveway guiding the gentle beast with passion.

I MUST BE FIRST!!!!!!!!

I like it NJ! Nicely done!
Old 03-05-2006, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by PHXATC
You guys make me sick. You fawdle and dawdle all over this dude like he's some kind of superhero. Puleeze. He's buying a freakin' car for gosh sake. A FREAKIN CAR!

You oggle, you goggle, you slobber at the mouth, slinging foam droplets every inch of the way, patting NJ on the back. Get a life.

Now that I've alienated everyone else...I must be the first to drape my calloused hand across the leater, to put the shifter into gear gently, to caress the steering wheel with love, to admire you as you pull into my driveway guiding the gentle beast with passion.

I MUST BE FIRST!!!!!!!!

I like it NJ! Nicely done!

LOL PH...
Old 03-05-2006, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Ok, Jack... to please Mr. ATC how about you swing by and take him, Dan and I on a ride before going to Vegas with the new S!

So what if Phoenix isn't on the way to Las Vegas from Denver!
Old 03-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Ok, Jack... to please Mr. ATC how about you swing by and take him, Dan and I on a ride before going to Vegas with the new S!

So what if Phoenix isn't on the way to Las Vegas from Denver!
How about me too?!

So what if Michigan isn't en route to Denver. You could use the extra time for break-in.

And I won't take up much space, I can sit in the trunk if you've already got 5 people going. I mean, I'm only 14. Surely the trunk is large enough.

Last edited by AsianML; 03-05-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:15 PM
Almost a Member!

Dad - '04 ML350E
when will there be s550 available to just walk-in to the dealership and purchase w/o waiting?? in canada...
Old 03-05-2006, 08:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
A few more months?

Mid-year maybe?
Old 03-05-2006, 09:18 PM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
I would suspect the reason the Colorado dealer does not have the long waiting lists is because like in my even further north neck of the woods, the S Class buyers are waiting for the 4-Matic Option. In fact my local dealer is reluctant to order any S's without 4-Matic.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:27 PM

NJ - to think, I was completely sober whilst I scribed that! Seriously, I'm jacked up that you're getting the car you wanted on your time table as well. I can't wait for pics and a description of your adventure back home.

CE750 - Maybe flying from Denver to Las Vegas can be done without venturing through Phoenix, but the driving is CLEARLY, without a doubt, beyond any scope of reason, much quicker and more efficiently accomplished through Phoenix. So, I suppose some neat spot near the freeway for our test drives would be sufficient?

Maybe we'll have AsianML bring the beer while he languishes in the trunk! Wait, never mind, we'll all be thrown in jail.

This is better than a soap opera...Nevada Jack's MB adventures, presented in HD, 7:00pm Pacific, every Monday night on Discovery HD! Tomorrow night, NJ contemplates his routing with the input of several of his yet unknown internet best buds!

You guys had better keep me away from NJ's S550 as I might just stand behind it, all alone... It sure is a sweet whip! (NJ - we'll see how you remember the lesson on slang from 2 months ago )

Toby

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is NevadaJack back in the race..stay tuned