S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Is NevadaJack back in the race..stay tuned

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2006 | 09:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by PHXATC
NJ - to think, I was completely sober whilst I scribed that! Seriously, I'm jacked up that you're getting the car you wanted on your time table as well. I can't wait for pics and a description of your adventure back home.

CE750 - Maybe flying from Denver to Las Vegas can be done without venturing through Phoenix, but the driving is CLEARLY, without a doubt, beyond any scope of reason, much quicker and more efficiently accomplished through Phoenix. So, I suppose some neat spot near the freeway for our test drives would be sufficient?

Maybe we'll have AsianML bring the beer while he languishes in the trunk! Wait, never mind, we'll all be thrown in jail.

This is better than a soap opera...Nevada Jack's MB adventures, presented in HD, 7:00pm Pacific, every Monday night on Discovery HD! Tomorrow night, NJ contemplates his routing with the input of several of his yet unknown internet best buds!

You guys had better keep me away from NJ's S550 as I might just stand behind it, all alone... It sure is a sweet whip! (NJ - we'll see how you remember the lesson on slang from 2 months ago )

Toby

I'll bring something to drink, be sure of that.

I demand some sort of deal with the TV series. I first thought of it so I want like a 33/33/34 deal with you and Jack on the profits. The 34 of course will go to me .
Old 03-05-2006 | 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
NJ - to think, I was completely sober whilst I scribed that! Seriously, I'm jacked up that you're getting the car you wanted on your time table as well. I can't wait for pics and a description of your adventure back home.

CE750 - Maybe flying from Denver to Las Vegas can be done without venturing through Phoenix, but the driving is CLEARLY, without a doubt, beyond any scope of reason, much quicker and more efficiently accomplished through Phoenix. So, I suppose some neat spot near the freeway for our test drives would be sufficient?

Maybe we'll have AsianML bring the beer while he languishes in the trunk! Wait, never mind, we'll all be thrown in jail.

This is better than a soap opera...Nevada Jack's MB adventures, presented in HD, 7:00pm Pacific, every Monday night on Discovery HD! Tomorrow night, NJ contemplates his routing with the input of several of his yet unknown internet best buds!

You guys had better keep me away from NJ's S550 as I might just stand behind it, all alone... It sure is a sweet whip! (NJ - we'll see how you remember the lesson on slang from 2 months ago )

Toby
Well guys...with all these road tests and the trip to Denver, I cancelled the order for the S550 and ordered a Maybach 62 with the fold out seats. That way Asian ML won't have to ride in the trunk and some can watch the guauges from the back seat. Guess we will let Sam drive since he is the pilot, and PH can teach me what "werd" means so I can converse with the young guys.

Great fun...this is what life is all about...spending money on depreciating assets, hyping yourself over a piece of sheet mental with a motor, and laughing about it.
Old 03-05-2006 | 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nevada Jack

Great fun...this is what life is all about...spending money on depreciating assets, hyping yourself over a piece of sheet mental with a motor, and laughing about it.
Now that deserves the Before we get out of Phoenix ( we are taking the east route through Albequerque, aren't we...Asian ML needs his beauty sleep after taking thorough notes on performance specs for us ) I will have you able to converse with my 9 year old daughter. Where do you think I learn it from?

CE750 would spend the entire trip looking for the gear up switch...maybe the Maybach could have that installed, so as to make him feel at home?

I will donate my portion of the TV proceeds to NJ - gas prices ain't cheap these days and with all the driving he's going to be doing, he'll need the extra dough.
Old 03-06-2006 | 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
So is June...I will be driving to SC, FLA and MS then home, so the S550 will get a good workout....
Did you ever consider that Maroon color with the optional 19-inch wheels?

M
Old 03-06-2006 | 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Germancar1
Did you ever consider that Maroon color with the optional 19-inch wheels?

M
Yes, it was on my final list. But I was afraid the dust here at times would be a problem on the dark color and that I might get tired of the color after a while. The light grey with the blue/green tint is more to my liking.

I passed on the 19" multispoke wheels since they are staggered Z rated tires and cannot be rotated and also they offer a slightly louder, harder ride than the 18" touring tires.
Old 03-06-2006 | 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Now that deserves the Before we get out of Phoenix ( we are taking the east route through Albequerque, aren't we...Asian ML needs his beauty sleep after taking thorough notes on performance specs for us ) I will have you able to converse with my 9 year old daughter. Where do you think I learn it from?

CE750 would spend the entire trip looking for the gear up switch...maybe the Maybach could have that installed, so as to make him feel at home?

I will donate my portion of the TV proceeds to NJ - gas prices ain't cheap these days and with all the driving he's going to be doing, he'll need the extra dough.
I dig it now PH...I ordered the "gear up feature" on the Maybach also but supplies may be limited. Thanks for the donations on the gas...I'll let you know when the Discovery Channel shows the routing.
Old 03-06-2006 | 10:18 AM

98 Ford Explorer Limited, 2007 S550 LE
The standard leather cover the seats, center console, doors magazine racks on the back of the front seats and some other areas I can't remember right now. The premium option includes the seating surfaces only. The Designo option has a lot more and has a lot more stitching detail I think.
Congrats Nevada! My launch edition should be here in the next couple of weeks. My dealer told me that you could not get the designo leather with Ventilated Seats, I may have to run up on him about this.
Old 03-06-2006 | 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by akburton
Congrats Nevada! My launch edition should be here in the next couple of weeks. My dealer told me that you could not get the designo leather with Ventilated Seats, I may have to run up on him about this.
I think he is right. The Designo leather is a step above the Standard and Premium leather and I guess they cannot perforate it to allow for the ventilation feature.

I thought about the LE (in fact they had one in stock for March delivery) but I really wanted the Distronic Plus feature. My MSRP came to $96,625 which is about $4K cheaper than the LE but still has a nice list of options. Also I am really partial to grey leather.

Lets see some pic's when you get delivery...you are going to love that thing...:-)
Old 03-06-2006 | 07:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
I dig it now PH...I ordered the "gear up feature" on the Maybach also but supplies may be limited. Thanks for the donations on the gas...I'll let you know when the Discovery Channel shows the routing.
I can supply up to $500 on gas.

But I don't know if you'll be driving with a lead foot.

But then again, you'll still have to obey the break-in period rules.

But then again, it's your car.

So many questions!