S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Tele Aid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tele Aid

Has anyone used the real time traffic report with Tele Aid? It says in the brochure that when you use the Tele aid you have access to Enhanced traffic information that provides full metro traffic reports within 30 miles of your location, metro street traffic, programmable radius traffic, details on traffic condition along your route. Has anyone tried it yet and what do you think?
Old 04-22-2006, 04:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G63, AMG GT S
Originally Posted by blessed
Has anyone used the real time traffic report with Tele Aid? It says in the brochure that when you use the Tele aid you have access to Enhanced traffic information that provides full metro traffic reports within 30 miles of your location, metro street traffic, programmable radius traffic, details on traffic condition along your route. Has anyone tried it yet and what do you think?

The concierge service that comes with an Amex card is superior. The route assistance and metro traffic report is worth it though for those of us non-nav owners.

They do let you check it out for a month I believe.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:26 PM

'07 S550, '03 FXDWG
Originally Posted by Toog4me
The concierge service that comes with an Amex card is superior. The route assistance and metro traffic report is worth it though for those of us non-nav owners.

What AMEX Concierge service? I'm not aware of it!
Old 04-22-2006, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
Originally Posted by JAdmiral
What AMEX Concierge service? I'm not aware of it!
The concierge service that comes with a platinum/centurian card. Do you carry one of those cards?
Old 04-23-2006, 03:14 AM

'07 S550, '03 FXDWG
The concierge service that comes with a platinum/centurian card. Do you carry one of those cards?
I have the Gold card, but never found a real compelling reason to pay $200/year more in membership fees. Might have to reconsider that.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels

WTF does this have to do with the OP's question?
Old 04-23-2006, 07:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
WTF does this have to do with the OP's question?
Well, let me quote the OP's question:

what do you think?
I gave my opinion... but let me explain it again for you.

He asked about Tele-Aid's premium service-- the route assistance, real time traffic, etc. To even get that service, you need to pay a premium. And with that premium, you also get the concierge service. And like I said, the concierge service is not that great. OK?

Last edited by Toog4me; 04-23-2006 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:16 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 S500
We have the service and my wife uses it often. It looks ahead on any specific route and gives you a heads up as to any existing problems or delays. It's also good for finding restraunts and making reservations ahead of time. This is especially helpful when you are in a un familiar city or location.

If your wife is like mine...she has the sense of direction of a rock so she sometimes just pushes the "i" button and asks "How do I get there from here?"

We have even used it to make hotel reservations late at night while on trips...works pretty good in my opinion.