S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

too impatient to wait, so I bought stock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS 500(sold), 2005 C230K, 2005 E 320,
too impatient to wait, so I bought stock

I dont normally write much. But I thought I would let you all know that I purchased a black with beige/savanna S 550 amg for MSRP 95k and some change.

I really did want the distronic plus and night vision, but just couldnt wait till the end of the year. So I traded my CLS 500 and purchased the W221.

The only fixed criteria that I had, was that it had to have the AMG package, and that everything else I could let go. Somehow, I needed the car badly and couldnt wait. I even emailed Glauser, and was contemplating driving the car back to West Palm Beach. Luckily, my dealer had one, he called, and 5 hours later it was in my Garage.

Now, that it is here, I sometimes have thoughts that I should have waited. But at the end of the day, when I take it for a drive with my kids and wife, we roll the windows down, pump up the Logic 7 which somehow makes the CLS logic 7 sound like an ordinary stereo, I thank the person upstairs that he gave us the resources to buy such an extraordinary vehicle.The car is great, quiet, and extremely well made in terms of fit and finish. Lets hope the mechanical and electrical is the same. One thing I noticed is that it only gathers the attention of people who know what Mercedes is. I noticed that not many people, say ones that are driving a toyota, turn their heads. When the CLS came out last year, ( I had ordered mine 1 year before it came out, so it was pretty rare when I got it), and it really turned heads, even ordinary folks'.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience with this new car, and the feeling one gets to buy a car that is still gathering such attention. Its great, I did it with the CLS and now the S. Now I'll suffer with the payments and the terrible trade in I got for the CLS. But what the heck, as far as we know, we only live once.

Last edited by abh11570; 04-28-2006 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:31 PM

'07 S550, '03 FXDWG
Let me give you the standard response....

1) Congrats! Drive her in happiness!

2) Pictures, please!

Last edited by JAdmiral; 04-28-2006 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by abh11570
I dont normally write much. But I thought I would let you all know that I purchased a black with beige/savanna S 550 amg for MSRP 95k and some change.

I really did want the distronic plus and night vision, but just couldnt wait till the end of the year. So I traded my CLS 500 and purchased the W221.

The only fixed criteria that I had, was that it had to have the AMG package, and that everything else I could let go. Somehow, I needed the car badly and couldnt wait. I even emailed Glauser, and was contemplating driving the car back to West Palm Beach. Luckily, my dealer had one, he called, and 5 hours later it was in my Garage.

Now, that it is here, I sometimes have thoughts that I should have waited. But at the end of the day, when I take it for a drive with my kids and wife, we roll the windows down, pump up the Logic 7 which somehow makes the CLS logic 7 sound like an ordinary stereo, I thank the person upstairs that he gave us the resources to buy such an extraordinary vehicle.The car is great, quiet, and extremely well made in terms of fit and finish. Lets hope the mechanical and electrical is the same. One thing I noticed is that it only gathers the attention of people who know what Mercedes is. I noticed that not many people, say ones that are driving a toyota, turn their heads. When the CLS came out last year, ( I had ordered mine 1 year before it came out, so it was pretty rare when I got it), and it really turned heads, even ordinary folks'.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience with this new car, and the feeling one gets to buy a car that is still gathering such attention. Its great, I did it with the CLS and now the S. Now I'll suffer with the payments and the terrible trade in I got for the CLS. But what the heck, as far as we know, we only live once.
Congratulations! I did the same thing...did not want to give up Distronic but I was planning a trip and wanted the car. Like you...I selected the AMG kit and it is one good looking car.

I note all the MB drivers look closely and stare...BMW also, but the other maker owner's I think look but don't know what it is... I had on LS430 driver come up on me and ride next to me and then dropped back behind to get another look.

Enjoy your new S550 and don't look back...you not only live once, but you never know when the party will be over...
Old 04-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Almost a Member!

Thanks for the words fella's.

I'll wash up the car tommorrow and post some pictures, inside outside.

Nevada Jack, I've been looking at your car for 2 weeks, and thats one of the reasons, I had to have it. The car looked to great. Couldnt sleep at night till I had it in the garage.

Congrats to everyone who's already got one and hats off to everyone that has the patience to order one.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the words fella's.

I'll wash up the car tommorrow and post some pictures, inside outside.

Nevada Jack, I've been looking at your car for 2 weeks, and thats one of the reasons, I had to have it. The car looked to great. Couldnt sleep at night till I had it in the garage.

Congrats to everyone who's already got one and hats off to everyone that has the patience to order one.
Glad I was able to aggravate your anxiety of waiting for MB to get their options act together...:-)

Will look forward to the pic's...
Old 04-28-2006, 10:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Same here. lol. Originally I wanted White with P3 package. End up getting the LE metallic color, but is nice have night vision that mine BMW 745LI dont have. I figure spending 100k on the toy, I want something new to play with. I wish I can have White AMG with P3, Panorama Roof and 4-Matic
Old 04-29-2006, 03:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
man i drool everytime i see Jack's signature. That is the exact S550 I would get. So funny how the early criticism of the fender flares quickly dissappeared... I love the look.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:52 AM

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
2009 S550 4Matic 2009 GL 550 2009 AM DBS

congrats! please post pix. I have ordered a obsidian black with beige interior S550 with AMG pak and would love to see some pictures.

JP
Old 04-29-2006, 11:17 AM
Almost a Member!

Congrats on the new car. I am also located in Palm Beach County and have a 06 CLS 500. However, we are looking to acquire an S550 in addition to the CLS. May I ask what dealership you dealt with and were they willing to work with you at all? I guess not since you mentioned you paid MSRP. Could you please compare the CLS to the S a little more? I have not driven an S yet although we had a W220 before the CLS. We are looking to get ours from Glauser the end of June.

Just wondering if you could also mention where you got the CLS from and if you got any type of deal with that. We got ours from MB of Ft. Lauderdale.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Almost a Member!

I just finished washing up. I really screwed up with the water spots. Its the first black I've had. I normally buy white or silver.

Anyhow, here's one. I'll try and see if I can match Nevadajack's patented photos. I'll let him judge that.

Hope you enjoy your W221 Pateljb.

Last edited by abh11570; 10-15-2006 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:22 PM

'07 S550, '03 FXDWG
I just finished washing up. I really screwed up with the water spots. Its the first black I've had. I normally buy white or silver.

Anyhow, here's one. I'll try and see if I can match Nevadajack's patented photos. I'll let him judge that.

Ok, don't be such a tease. We need MORE pictures!

...and it looks like you had a spot of rain. The ground has a nice even sprinkling of moisture. Yes?
Old 04-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Almost a Member!

Hey not a problem,

I bought from Palm Beach Mercedes, from Tom Clinton. I have purchased 3 cars from him in 2 years. They sell this car at MSRP, as they did the CLS which I bought last year. Thats only because its new. Many dealers sell above MSRP, which I think is opportunistic, but I guess thats business. Fancy german cars only come once in around 7-8 years.

Now comparing the CLS to the S.
1. The CLS turns heads, no doubt.
2. Feels faster
3. Feels lighter
4. Less insulated than S
5. Feels a bit cheap when you see the CLS 55 everywhere.( I doubt you'll see S65's everywhere, so the S550 will still feel upthere. Ask Nevadajack, I am sure he feels great when he drives the car. )
6. The CLS I had, had a few issues, like windnoise at 80mph.
7. The S class feels so much better to sit in. More spacious (obviously)
8. I seriously think (although I have had the car one week), that the S class has really been made better. I think it had more time put into it, since the reliablility issues stirring in the news media. I reckon, it may be a turning page. I hope I am right since this car cost over 100k with sales tax.

Other than that, if I had my wife's okay, I would have kept my CLS 500. I was seriously considering just buying and not trading in the CLS. I miss it, terribly. If you have the resources and the spouse (if applicable ) okay's it, keep the CLS and also buy the S.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:36 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by JAdmiral
Ok, don't be such a tease. We need MORE pictures!

...and it looks like you had a spot of rain. The ground has a nice even sprinkling of moisture. Yes?

definately, I will post some more. But I just realized that I took this photo before I cleaned it. It started raining so I abandoned the job.

I will post some tommorrow on a clean car in the florida sun.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
dont forget to do the rims and tires . Car looks great my friend.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:50 PM

2000 S430, 2002 Range Rover HSE 1985 BMW 535 (Sold), 99 BMW 530 (R.I.P), 98 Mazda Millenia (R.I.P)
definately, I will post some more. But I just realized that I took this photo before I cleaned it. It started raining so I abandoned the job.

I will post some tommorrow on a clean car in the florida sun.

Congrats, abh11570....nice whip you have there! I'm saving my money for our wedding next year, so no S550 for me until probably 2008.

Again....congratulations and give us more pics!
Old 04-29-2006, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
More pix or ban!
Old 04-29-2006, 05:34 PM

08' S550,,,C63!
Originally Posted by naijaman
Congrats, abh11570....nice whip you have there! I'm saving my money for our wedding next year, so no S550 for me until probably 2008.

Again....congratulations and give us more pics!
Why not get married in Vegas and drive off in the S550 isnt more classy.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wow...what a good looking car...:-) Seriously it looks fantastic in Black!

Very nice image also...cloudy days are the best sometimes...nice even lighting.

I enjoy driving the car just to go to the store. Las Vegas, at least in the suburbs are lacking the S550 so far...I have only seen one other on the road here. Mine draws a lot of looks and other MB drivers stare. Maybe there are more down around the strip.

Enjoy in good health.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:17 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Wow...what a good looking car...:-) Seriously it looks fantastic in Black!

Very nice image also...cloudy days are the best sometimes...nice even lighting.

I enjoy driving the car just to go to the store. Las Vegas, at least in the suburbs are lacking the S550 so far...I have only seen one other on the road here. Mine draws a lot of looks and other MB drivers stare. Maybe there are more down around the strip.

Enjoy in good health.
I took these photos after cleaning the car. This is a typical day in Palm Beach Florida, which makes you think that hurricane season comes around soon.

Last edited by abh11570; 10-15-2006 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:13 AM
Almost a Member!

M3
That's one sweet car! Congratulations on your purchase. I will continue to drool over it for the next few days.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:19 AM

2000 S-Class

Did you just wash it or did it just rain?? Already got plates?? I call

Last edited by dtxmob; 04-30-2006 at 01:22 AM.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:20 AM

Metro Card : (
Originally Posted by dtxmob

Slow down chief. He may have just had his old plates transferred to his new car. Not a big deal.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I picked up my car in Denver on a Thursday and had NV plates on the car Friday morning...so why the BRAVO SIERRA flag? His car is great looking and also he explained the first image was taken before he washed it.

Enjoy the pictures and let him enjoy his new baby.

The only thing I would do is remove the dealer plate frame for one with no ads.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels

If I am correct Nevada isn't exactly like California in the sense that they mail you the plates a few weeks or months later. I think the Nevada DMV gives you the plates on the spot from what I have heard.

And tone down the language champ.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:53 AM
Almost a Member!

No offense taken. Let me clarify: The car is UNWASHED in the first photo. It drizzled quite a bit. Notice the rims. They are not shining.

2. I transfered the plates of the trade in. Infact, the dealer as a courtesy, do it for you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: too impatient to wait, so I bought stock