S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Lexus LS 460 crowned the most high-tech vehicle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 535 Sport
Cool Upholstery Color!

Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
After driving over 5000 miles in 2 weeks in the S550...there is no car that can beat this car, not even a pre-released Lexus that no one owns yet nor has driven. They base this on some phoney features designed specifically to have one more than the S Class. I agree totally with your "doubts."
Nevada Jack, your car is Alabaster White with Savannah Beige upholstery, and not Sahara Beige leather! You Yanks are not that lucky!

Last edited by isaacu; 05-25-2006 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Correcting a word
Old 05-25-2006, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by isaacu
Nevada Jack, your car is Alabaster White with Savannah Beige upholstery, and not Sahara Beige leather ! You Yanks are not that lucky!
Your post is puzzling to say the least.

There is no S Class sold in the US with "upholstery." The standard interior is leather and if you have the Premier Leather (which I do) you have Nappa leather on the seating surfaces instead of the standard leather. Tecnically the interior is Sahara Beige/Cashmere.

I don't know where you get your info but you had better recheck your source.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:34 PM

BMW 535 Sport
Cool

Your post is puzzling to say the least.

There is no S Class sold in the US with "upholstery." The standard interior is leather and if you have the Premier Leather (which I do) you have Nappa leather on the seating surfaces instead of the standard leather. Tecnically the interior is Sahara Beige/Cashmere.

I don't know where you get your info but you had better recheck your source.
I'm European. "Upholstery" is seating material so does cover leather. Your interior is Savannah/Cashmere Nappa. Secondly, we also have Exclusive Nappa (Passion) available as option for all S-Class models. Standard on S600 & S65 AMG. Your car is not Sahara Beige. It's Savannah.

Last edited by isaacu; 05-25-2006 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Correcting a word
Old 05-25-2006, 03:41 PM

I'm European. "Upholstery" is seating material so does covers leather. Your interior is Savannah/Cashmere Nappa. Secondly, we also have Exclusive Nappa (Passion) available as option for all S-Class models. Standard on S600 & S65 AMG. Your car is not Sahara Beige. It's Savannah.
Hey there turbo hot rod, don't come rolling large in here without your poop in a group. Have you maybe taken 2 seconds out of your day to determine that maybe in Europe they have different names for the interior/exterior colors? Take a moment off your highchair and do some research before popping off at the mouth. Maybe the earlier builds had that name of the color. I dunno. Give a guy a break, he's sporting around in a rad ride.

Check NJ's website and I believe his window sticker is on there and you might have a look to see what his colors are. Then again, maybe it's not anymore (after checking!)

Peace.

Out.

Last edited by PHXATC; 05-25-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:51 PM

BMW 535 Sport
Cool

Originally Posted by PHXATC
Hey there turbo hot rod, don't come rolling large in here without your poop in a group. Have you maybe taken 2 seconds out of your day to determine that maybe in Europe they have different names for the interior/exterior colors? Take a moment off your highchair and do some research before popping off at the mouth.

Check NJ's website and I believe his window sticker is on there and you might have a look to see what his colors are.

Peace.

Out.
Different names maybe, but we still have Sahara (almost creamish) and Savannah (darker than Java-Nevada Jack's car) here in Europe. Also, go back to the postings. Someone bought an American Launch S500 car in Designo Graphite Green with the wait for it, Sahara Beige leather which shocked me as that is not a color available on the American market! Pictures were posted.So there!
Old 05-25-2006, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey there turbo hot rod, don't come rolling large in here without your poop in a group. Have you maybe taken 2 seconds out of your day to determine that maybe in Europe they have different names for the interior/exterior colors? Take a moment off your highchair and do some research before popping off at the mouth. Maybe the earlier builds had that name of the color. I dunno. Give a guy a break, he's sporting around in a rad ride.

Check NJ's website and I believe his window sticker is on there and you might have a look to see what his colors are. Then again, maybe it's not anymore (after checking!)

Peace.

Out.
Hey PH...he is correct on the Savanna vs the Sahara. I was in a rush to post the day I got the car and put the wrong color (Sahara) in the signature. I have corrected the sig.

He could have just pointed this out instead of taking a wisea** posting attitude. We all make mistakes like spelling Savannah with an "h" when the correct spelling is Savanna...(check his post.)
Old 05-25-2006, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Different names maybe, but we still have Sahara (almost creamish) and Savannah (darker than Java-Nevada Jack's car) here in Europe. Also, go back to the postings. Someone bought an American Launch S500 car in Designo Graphite Green with the wait for it, Sahara Beige leather which shocked me as that is not a color available on the American market! Pictures were posted.So there!
Why the combatant attitude...are you mad at somebody or must you show your superior attitude to justify something. A simple note to the effect that I mis-named my leather interior (we don't call leather interiors "upholstery" in the US, upholstery is cloth) would have been appreciated. Cool down and contribute instead of creating conflict.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:07 PM

BMW 535 Sport
Cool

Hey PH...he is correct on the Savanna vs the Sahara. I was in a rush to post the day I got the car and put the wrong color (Sahara) in the signature. I have corrected the sig.

He could have just pointed this out instead of taking a wisea** posting attitude. We all make mistakes like spelling Savannah with an "h" when the correct spelling is Savanna...(check his post.)
I am sorry Nevada Jack. Did'nt mean to be a smart alec. We are at peace. I have JPEGs of your car. It is stunning in white!
Old 05-25-2006, 04:25 PM

isaacu - just like in real life, not this virtual world in here, you have to gain some credibility before you start expressing your opinion and expect to get some respect in return. Waltzing in here with some 3 or 4 posts under your belt and correcting somebody else's post is not cool.

That was my point. I could really care less about what color his interior properly named from the factory. Savanna, Sahara, Supra, Sucka, whateva!

I'll trump you're "so there" with a "so there" of my own. You say somebody bought an S500 American Launch Designo...we ain't got no S500 here boy, we jus' got's S 550 here in the good ole US of A. Say that in your best Texas accent.

Nanny nanny boo boo.

Last edited by PHXATC; 05-25-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
isaacu - just like in real life, not this virtual world in here, you have to gain some credibility before you start expressing your opinion and expect to get some respect in return. Waltzing in here with some 3 or 4 posts under your belt and correcting somebody else's post is not cool.

That was my point. I could really care less about what color his interior properly named from the factory. Savanna, Sahara, Supra, Sucka, whateva!

I'll trump you're "so there" with a "so there" of my own. You say somebody bought an S500 American Launch Designo...we ain't got no S500 here boy, we jus' got's S 550 here in the good ole US of A. Say that in your best Texas accent.

Nanny nanny boo boo.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am sorry Nevada Jack. Did'nt mean to be a smart alec. We are at peace. I have JPEGs of your car. It is stunning in white!
No harm...no foul.

I look forward to reading your future posts...:-)
Old 05-25-2006, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Come on! I was looking forward to one big pissin contest ... even had the ready
Old 05-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
We can start our own. Somewhere else though.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
i saw the new ls460 on the streets today looked nice, but upon closer inspection it was really the new es350! darn these cars are similar
Old 05-25-2006, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by 1985MB380SE
Come on! I was looking forward to one big pissin contest ... even had the ready

I'm in!
Old 05-26-2006, 07:40 AM

BMW 535 Sport
Cool

I'm in!
You Guys drive me crazy. It is going to be a pleasure posting in the future. I look forward to it (chuckle!)
Old 05-26-2006, 02:03 PM
Banned

03 SL 500 Launch Edition, 98 ML 320 (sold), 01 S 500 (sold), 03 CLK 55 (sold)
Just an overview:
I would take my 2006 S Class over that garbage Lexus despite its "technological" bonuses. Don't get me wrong, the new lexuses have a very nice interior especiallly the new IS ( I just bought a black one ), and I would take an IS over a C class, but no way a LS over a S Class. I think they should just change the meaning of S Class, to "Superior Class" because that is what it is no matter the year. I still love my SEC and it is over 20 years old! Also, I have been to Russia, and know Russians here, and I can tell you, Russians CARE about brand names, even worse than Americans. If they can afford it they will buy it! Who wouldn't!?!
Old 05-26-2006, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by ShervSL500AMG
Just an overview:
I would take my 2006 S Class over that garbage Lexus despite its "technological" bonuses. Don't get me wrong, the new lexuses have a very nice interior especiallly the new IS ( I just bought a black one ), and I would take an IS over a C class, but no way a LS over a S Class. I think they should just change the meaning of S Class, to "Superior Class" because that is what it is no matter the year. I still love my SEC and it is over 20 years old! Also, I have been to Russia, and know Russians here, and I can tell you, Russians CARE about brand names, even worse than Americans. If they can afford it they will buy it! Who wouldn't!?!
+1 Toyota ops i mean lexus is not even close to compete with S 221! Even if you make it fly it will still be a toyota Dman it i mean lexus.

Have a nice day, now go spam some other board.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1993 300SEL/S320
Is the plural of Lexus Lexi?
Old 05-26-2006, 10:16 PM

I always thought of a Lexus LS more of a competitor to the E-Class, since it was introduced to the American market in, I believe, model year 1990.

No LS can compare to an S-Class of any age. Ever see how the car holds up after 250K miles? They are falling apart. Unlike the S, of which chassis is built to run a few trips to the moon and back.

Nobody is going to take mine away until the maggots start tearing the flesh off my disease ridden festering corpse.

I may not have a 221 S-Class, but I know of the endearing qualities of owning an S-Class: Mercedes true original flagship model.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
Originally Posted by DslBnz
I always thought of a Lexus LS more of a competitor to the E-Class, since it was introduced to the American market in, I believe, model year 1990.

No LS can compare to an S-Class of any age. Ever see how the car holds up after 250K miles? They are falling apart. Unlike the S, of which chassis is built to run a few trips to the moon and back.

Nobody is going to take mine away until the maggots start tearing the flesh off my disease ridden festering corpse.

I may not have a 221 S-Class, but I know of the endearing qualities of owning an S-Class: Mercedes true original flagship model.
I'm going to get slaughter for this haha...I'd buy the LS460 over the S550 even if the price is more in the S450 range. I agree that the S has the presence and more of a name to it than probably any of the cars in its class but IMO this new LS is much nicer on the inside and more reliable (japanese cars) than the MB...and though it doesnt have that mean aggressive stance from looking at the exterior, it makes up for it in many ways...like price, technology, comfort, etc

Tell me this isn't the most luxurious thing you've seen in a car under 100k

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh.../photo_06.html
Old 05-27-2006, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'99 C230 K
Originally Posted by blazinginder
I'm going to get slaughter for this haha...I'd buy the LS460 over the S550 even if the price is more in the S450 range. I agree that the S has the presence and more of a name to it than probably any of the cars in its class but IMO this new LS is much nicer on the inside and more reliable (japanese cars) than the MB...and though it doesnt have that mean aggressive stance from looking at the exterior, it makes up for it in many ways...like price, technology, comfort, etc

Its not....its an oversize hyundai azera lol

sorry but Id rather have an A8L or S550
Old 05-27-2006, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
Originally Posted by Evil Duffman
Its not....its an oversize hyundai azera lol

sorry but Id rather have an A8L or S550

A8L is nice but needs a redesign now...and last time i checked you didnt get reclining rear seats in a hyundai let alone any mercedes
Old 05-27-2006, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1993 300SEL/S320
A8L is nice but needs a redesign now...and last time i checked you didnt get reclining rear seats in a hyundai let alone any mercedes
I have power back seats, and you can even get a setup like the maybach only smaller with coupe stye seats, that is in the W140 I assume it is avliable on the 220 and 221.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1993 300SEL/S320

The Lexus really seems to be good value for money.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lexus LS 460 crowned the most high-tech vehicle