S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

S600 Wood Trim Grab Handles...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 07:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2024 S580 | 2024 Escalade ESV Sport Plat | 2022 X5M Competition
S600 Wood Trim Grab Handles...

Our S600 was supposed to come with wood trim on the roof handles and vanity mirrors, but I immediately noticed it did not.

From the time we took delivery in April, our salesperson has been trying to get the right parts in but has not yet been able to do so. They are now telling me that some head regional MB person said that they don't make the wood trim handles and vanity mirrors anymore and that it does not come with it. Since it is printed on the website under the interior features, they are looking into it some more.

I think it is ridiculous of MB to keep charging more and more for these cars and continually decontent them little by little. Especially since this is such a small item, but adds a lot in terms of the luxurious look of the cabin.

Are there any other S600 owners here who are trying to get their handles swapped out with the advertised wood handles as well?

Thanks.

Edit: I just looked a the mbusa website again, and now it does not say that it comes with the wood trim handles and vanity mirrors. The S class brochure still says it though. They've probably reprinted that as well.

Last edited by ///MB; 06-14-2006 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Metro Card : (
this issue def. came up previously.

do a search.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:03 AM

Thanks... the previous post were originally made by myself as well and a few people replied to it. But, there was no specific post about it. I think I last said that my dealer was going to try and take care of it.

Now they have come back to me saying that the car no longer comes with the wood trim and they have even taken out that wording from the website altogether.

So, I wanted to get some opinions from you guys and if you think I should pursue it further or just let it go?
Old 06-18-2006, 09:06 AM

Metro Card : (
Originally Posted by ///MB
Thanks... the previous post were originally made by myself as well and a few people replied to it. But, there was no specific post about it. I think I last said that my dealer was going to try and take care of it.

Now they have come back to me saying that the car no longer comes with the wood trim and they have even taken out that wording from the website altogether.

So, I wanted to get some opinions from you guys and if you think I should pursue it further or just let it go?
Sorry dude, did not realize that was you.

I would definitely purse the issue. Dropping that kind of coin and you can not get some wood grain handles.

I could not agree more: the mirrors and handles add a sense of style to the interior. I still love MB, but I am sick of how much the skim from certain things. Today its wood grain handles, tomorrow it's no ABS! Okay, it may not be that bad, however, I am still not pleased.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The reference to the wood trim grab handles and interior mirrors is an error. None of the new S600 models have these or for that matter ever had them. This was an error. The previous model had these but this feature was not carried forward. Therefore, there are not parts which exist to retrofit to your car.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:10 PM

Thanks, yeah I basically figured that out.

Since it was advertised as having it, my salesperson said she might look into getting it done aftermarket. I'll have to think about it and decide if I should have her do that or not.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:40 PM

Hi there, sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but I have known a situation similar to yours. When I test drove the S550 a while back, I noticed someting strange as well, the rear seats were not the reclining seat type, and it didn't have the optional memery function either, and yet the door panels, instead of being smooth with only the door handles, had the outline of the seat controls. The little plastic seat wasn't there but the black background and the white outline was. I asked the dealer what's going on and he told me that if I buy the car, he will replace those with the regular trim at no charge. I guess what i'm trying to say is that MB probably used parts of one model on another, I wouldn't be surprised if they did that to your car as well. I'm not sure if that's a mistake in the ad or not, but you should maybe email someone a little higher up in the company. And also, how reliable is your S600? is it as notorious as the early W220s or did they really hit it this time? thanks
Old 07-01-2006, 08:44 PM

Thanks... MB says the new 600s don't come with wood trim handles anymore. I can try and push my dealer to get us aftermarket ones, but I don't know if it's worth the hassle.

As far as reliability... the car overall seems much more solid and higher quality than our 220 did. But, we have had to take it in twice now for non-scheduled service. First was for a check engine light that was on at the time of delivery. The dealer said it ran out of gas, so that's why it came on and we just needed to drive it a while for it to go away. Well, hundreds of miles later, it was still on. We took it in and they reset it. It's been fine since then. Second, every once in a while, all the systems such as ESP, Distronic Plus, etc would say inactive. It turns out that the steering wheel angle sensor needed to be replaced. It's been fine so far after that.

I know it's the new model, so little things like that are expected. But again, I do think so far that it's better than the last generation.