S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Tips & Tricks for Using Command

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 Ford Explorer Limited, 2007 S550 LE
Tips & Tricks for Using Command

I thought I would start this thread so S-Class owners can share little tips and hints for using the command system to it's full capability without having to read and reread the manual. Anything you have learned either for using the navigation, to finding POI's, or operating the radio would be most appreciated.I myself have not gotten past page 300 in the manual. I just figured out last month that while playing a cd and if you hold the command knob to the right or left that it will FFwd and Rwind the CD.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Great thread

I keep my favorite satellite station at the top of my preferred so that when I want to go back to it, I just click the wheel down 2 times. The first chick selects the preferred and the second click selects the station. I don't have to take my eyes off the road even for a nanosecond. My second favorite station is next in line so it's one click down, a clockwise twist of the dial and then a click down.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by akburton
I thought I would start this thread so S-Class owners can share little tips and hints for using the command system to it's full capability without having to read and reread the manual. Anything you have learned either for using the navigation, to finding POI's, or operating the radio would be most appreciated.I myself have not gotten past page 300 in the manual. I just figured out last month that while playing a cd and if you hold the command knob to the right or left that it will FFwd and Rwind the CD.
Why not use voice control .... that way its not going to take so much effort.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Most cars that came to the states dont have the voice kit installed yet since DCX ran out of them in the factory. So starting next week we should be able to get them installed at our dealers for free.