S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

S65 Black/Black Available now! Brand New!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by WSH
Largest vol dealer is a mysterious, not very useful title.....some move a lot of C/E-Class or even S-Class but not many of the $125K+ MB's, but others move a lot of S/CL/SL55/65/600, but not as many of the E/C-classes....sure, solid sales volumes of $125K+ MBs are essential for robust allocations, service dept expce w/55 and 65s, etc, but #1 vol doesn't necessarily translate into highest quality sales/svc......

My sense is many upper-end buyers tend to buy from their closest dealer, where they have a long-standing relationship w/their salesguy/mgr/dealer owner; get first priority on any interesting cars at MSRP; rcv robust trade-in values/cheapest poss lease terms; and are prioritized appropriately in the dealer's capable svc dept.....not many of these high-quality, high-end, repeat custs in most mkts...or similar-caliber dealers w/deep high-end, repeat cust bases.....it's a two-way dynamic....
In the case at hand, Glauser volume sales does translate into the highest quality and service. Give them a try with your next buy...

Upper end buyers, like lower and middle level buyers are changing. The internet has totally changed the car market to where local dealers had better get into the mix or they will lose sales. I tried to establish a relationship with FJ in Las Vegas in 1994 and none of the perks you cite above ever materialized. Even six months after I purchased a $84K S430, they treated me like a first time buyer of a C coupe when I went to buy a S550. My SA realized I was a good customer and provides me preferred treatment whenever I call him. However, the FJ sales department is totally devoid of what maintaining a good customer base is all about.

Leasing also has a tremendous impact and has raised the average buyer to a higher end product...and this coupled with the net has people buying out of state and shipping cars across country. Look at the upper end buyer on this forum...how many of them have checked on discounts and a "better deal."
Old 07-27-2006, 02:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 S430 Sport, '05 C 55 AMG, '06 BMW 330i, '06 VW Beetle Convertible
Originally Posted by WSH
Largest vol dealer is a mysterious, not very useful title.....some move a lot of C/E-Class or even S-Class but not many of the $125K+ MB's, but others move a lot of S/CL/SL55/65/600, but not as many of the E/C-classes....sure, solid sales volumes of $125K+ MBs are essential for robust allocations, service dept expce w/55 and 65s, etc, but #1 vol doesn't necessarily translate into highest quality sales/svc......

My sense is many upper-end buyers tend to buy from their closest dealer, where they have a long-standing relationship w/their salesguy/mgr/dealer owner; get first priority on any interesting cars at MSRP; rcv robust trade-in values/cheapest poss lease terms; and are prioritized appropriately in the dealer's capable svc dept.....not many of these high-quality, high-end, repeat custs in most mkts...or similar-caliber dealers w/deep high-end, repeat cust bases.....it's a two-way dynamic....
Those two dealers are in one of the wealthest areas of the country and are the closest dealers to more upper-end buyers than probably anywhere else. They always have inventory of the hardest to get models and do a large volume of the $125K+ models. One time when I was in Fletcher the entire showroom floor was AMG models, modified Brabus cars and an SLR McClaran and it wasn't the only SLR they had in stock. Both stores are also Maybach dealers.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:22 AM

C230K, downgrade :(
That means they are snootier
Old 07-27-2006, 03:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by Lender1
Those two dealers are in one of the wealthest areas of the country and are the closest dealers to more upper-end buyers than probably anywhere else. They always have inventory of the hardest to get models and do a large volume of the $125K+ models. One time when I was in Fletcher the entire showroom floor was AMG models, modified Brabus cars and an SLR McClaran and it wasn't the only SLR they had in stock. Both stores are also Maybach dealers.
Youch sounds like a rich person's dream. One thing though....."McClaran" has to go!

M
Old 10-06-2006, 10:24 PM
Almost a Member!

[QUOTE=Lender1;1690749]
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
FJ is one of the best for service here is LV if you have a great SA, which I do. But as far as sales they are very poor in their competitive attitude. When I was considering an R500, they told me list or nothing. I was able to deal with them on my '06 S430 only because there was trunk money and other incentives to move them. QUOTE]

Jack, I agree with you as well. FJ in Vegas is not competitive. My buddy lives there and he said they don't want to deal on anything. I go to Las Vegas a lot and am pleased to say that I never had to visit their service department (no breakdowns or problems). I've only had one problem driving to Vegas and it was a little frightening. In April, 2005 my wife and I were about 30 miles from The Strip when I blew a tire on my '03 S 430 on I 15 about a mile away from Nevada Landing. It was a Sunday night and dark. My first thought was middle aged couple, disabled high line car on the way to Vegas, in the dark, perfect target for a robbery. I changed the tire quick and got the hell out of there.

It is amazing what being in a competitive market 275 miles away (Los Angeles) can do. I bought my 2006 S 430 from Fletcher Newport Beach last fall. It listed for $83,669 and I got $17,000 off list price. It is not an off color car with light equipment either. It is Pewter Metallic with charcoal interior, sport pkg, xexon light pkg, comfort seats, parktronic, Sirius radio, and CD stacker. They also gave me $2,000 off my C 55 and when I bought it(August, 2004) the car was only out for a couple of weeks.
That's helpful info. I live in south orange county also. I went into Lagunal Niguel last week and priced a S550 at about $107,000 MSRP. The sales person said "full sticker". I'll check out FJ Newport this week. Any particular sales person you dealt with that I should seek out?
Old 10-06-2006, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=azmike;1784097]

That's helpful info. I live in south orange county also. I went into Lagunal Niguel last week and priced a S550 at about $107,000 MSRP. The sales person said "full sticker". I'll check out FJ Newport this week. Any particular sales person you dealt with that I should seek out?
Give Greg Weiler at Glauser in Denver a call...they are excellent people to deal with (and I mean deal). They ship or like me you can drive your trade and swap it or fly in and have them pick you up at the airport. Check the Sponsor list for Greg's phone #...very responsive.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Almost a Member!

[QUOTE=Nevada Jack;1784105]
Originally Posted by azmike
Give Greg Weiler at Glauser in Denver a call...they are excellent people to deal with (and I mean deal). They ship or like me you can drive your trade and swap it or fly in and have them pick you up at the airport. Check the Sponsor list for Greg's phone #...very responsive.
I appreciate and agree with your advice to date so I will do that. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:34 PM

[QUOTE=azmike;1784097]

See Jim O'Connor. If your serious and ready to buy, he'll make you a good deal and won't let you leave without hearing his best offer.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Almost a Member!

[QUOTE=Lender1;1784433]

See Jim O'Connor. If your serious and ready to buy, he'll make you a good deal and won't let you leave without hearing his best offer.
I'm definitely serious. I called Jim today. We try to meet tomorrow because he is going out of town. Seems like a nice guy to deal with. We'll see when we start talking numbers. I appreciate the lead. I'll let you know.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:33 AM
Almost a Member!

[QUOTE=Lender1;1784433]

Met with Jim today. Real nice guy. We made a deal, in fact. Thanks very much.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:10 PM

[QUOTE=azmike;1784958]

Met with Jim today. Real nice guy. We made a deal, in fact. Thanks very much.
I'm pleased he was able to help you. Now you have to tell me about your new car (color, options, impressions, etc.) and how much off MSRP.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Almost a Member!

[QUOTE=Lender1;1785491]

I'm pleased he was able to help you. Now you have to tell me about your new car (color, options, impressions, etc.) and how much off MSRP.
The car is in another dealer's inventory (not yet arrived-on the boat). So they have to trade with that dealership. I think they also own the other dealership so they think they will have no problem. I will know for sure early next week. It has everything I wanted except ABC. If I don't get that one I will order one exactly how I want it. As soon as it is a done deal I will be will happy to give you all the details. I don't have any doubts about Jim but I have learned through the years that a deal is not a deal until it is closed.

Thanks again.

P.S. I told hm you sent me. I don't know your name but he thinks he knows who you are.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Too bad they don't have piano black with that interior.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
azmike...any update on your deal?

T
Old 10-20-2006, 02:32 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Doctodd33
azmike...any update on your deal?

T
Well yes, now that you asked I have 3 dealers who will all match the same deal and I am just waiting to see which one gets the car first. BTW, I would recommend Jim O' Connor at Fletcher Jones, James Sullivan at Laguna Niguel and, of course, Greg Weiler at Westminster as each being very good sales associates who are more than willing to make a deal. I am pleased with the offer each has commited to but I am waiting until I get my hands on the car before I can say "done deal".

I should know for sure next week.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well yes, now that you asked I have 3 dealers who will all match the same deal and I am just waiting to see which one gets the car first. BTW, I would recommend Jim O' Connor at Fletcher Jones, James Sullivan at Laguna Niguel and, of course, Greg Weiler at Westminster as each being very good sales associates who are more than willing to make a deal. I am pleased with the offer each has commited to but I am waiting until I get my hands on the car before I can say "done deal".

I should know for sure next week.
Sounds good Mike...looking forward to hearing all about you new S...:-)