S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

S65 Black/Black Available now! Brand New!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 08:11 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S65 Black/Black Available now! Brand New!

We have an "on the ground" S65 AMG available for immediate delivery.
Brand new car.

Option list

040 Black
501 Black Exclusive Leather
233 Distronic Plus
402 Active Ventilated Seats/Rear
406 Multi-Contour Seats Rear
413 Panorama Sunroof
443 Heated Steering Wheel

The only option not on this car is the 4 Place Seating Package, this car has 3 seat belts in the back.

Price $202,000.00

We have many additional photo's available. Send email to gweiler@glausermb.com to request additional photos.
Attached Thumbnails S65 Black/Black Available now! Brand New!-e350sw-001.jpg   S65 Black/Black Available now! Brand New!-e350sw-017.jpg   S65 Black/Black Available now! Brand New!-e350sw-005.jpg   S65 Black/Black Available now! Brand New!-e350sw-014.jpg   S65 Black/Black Available now! Brand New!-e350sw-022.jpg  

Old 07-24-2006, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
$10k premium?
Keep it!They are everywhere now at MSRP....
Old 07-24-2006, 10:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Would you please post some pictures of the back seat? Thanks
Old 07-24-2006, 11:26 PM
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 CL65
Originally Posted by absent
$10k premium?
Keep it!They are everywhere now at MSRP....
So true....even in major coastal mkts, let alone Podunk...

MB bungled this much-trumpeted S65 w/the wood/leath steering wheel, no paddle shifters, and prob limo-like ABC and SpeedShift programming.....a confusingly positioned, $50K more expensive, AMG body-kitted/cooler-wheeled version of an undifferentiated, fast-depreciating codger's S600....

And given several new '07 SL65s have already been on ebay (so early in launch process), w/an ask of $7K under sticker (w/cheap, "employee-priced" lease terms), the concept of a premium on the S65 is laughable.....
Old 07-25-2006, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
Originally Posted by WSH
So true....even in major coastal mkts, let alone Podunk...

MB bungled this much-trumpeted S65 w/the wood/leath steering wheel, no paddle shifters, and prob limo-like ABC and SpeedShift programming.....a confusingly positioned, $50K more expensive, AMG body-kitted/cooler-wheeled version of an undifferentiated, fast-depreciating codger's S600....

And given several new '07 SL65s have already been on ebay (so early in launch process), w/an ask of $7K under sticker (w/cheap, "employee-priced" lease terms), the concept of a premium on the S65 is laughable.....
what he said
Old 07-25-2006, 11:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

S65 Rear Seat Photos

Here are the rear seat photo's, all the multicontour adjustments are made from the folding center console. Only the two outboard seats are adjustable.
Attached Thumbnails S65 Black/Black Available now! Brand New!-e350sw-037.jpg   S65 Black/Black Available now! Brand New!-e350sw-041.jpg   S65 Black/Black Available now! Brand New!-e350sw-042.jpg   S65 Black/Black Available now! Brand New!-e350sw-039.jpg  
Old 07-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

The rear seat photo's are up now.

Thank you,
Old 07-25-2006, 11:24 AM

06 Infiniti FX35, 07 SL55
You could get 2 S550's for the asking price of this one S65!! Wow.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 SL600, 2001 S500, 1996 SL320
No Need

Absolutely NO NEED to pay a premium price for this car. I would not deal with a dealer that does business that way. I made an inquiry about the S600 and S65 and both were going to be sold at MSRP, no premium.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by StephenK
Absolutely NO NEED to pay a premium price for this car. I would not deal with a dealer that does business that way. I made an inquiry about the S600 and S65 and both were going to be sold at MSRP, no premium.
Same here in Chicago.....
Old 07-25-2006, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sit on it!!!!

If it was such a HOT item it would not be collecting dust on the dealer floor or being used as a test drive auto for dreamers. Don't get me wrong, I like the car and will be buying one, but no premium if anything a DISCOUNT.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

S65 Sold/ Have Produced Not Shipped inbound

The S65 did sell today. We have another black one that is "produced not shipped"(3 weeks from USA) and two more in production for late August/early September USA arrival.

Thank you,
Old 07-25-2006, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
If it was such a HOT item it would not be collecting dust on the dealer floor or being used as a test drive auto for dreamers. Don't get me wrong, I like the car and will be buying one, but no premium if anything a DISCOUNT.
StephenK...Glauser is the largest S Class dealer in the US...they don't "sit" on cars because they don't seem to you to be priced fairly. They move cars faster than anyone and if you don' like the advertised price, call them and they will deal. If they can market a low production, high priced car upon introduction at more than MSRP and be successful, then that is what they are in business to do....make money while the market allows it to be made. Glauser is a sponsor on this forum and is an upfront dealer and they cannot survive on BS as you so graphically illustrated in your post.

If you read the thread from one of their competitors, they sold an S65 for $30K over MSRP just yesterday...also a sponsor. I have dealt with them also.

And that is no BS....!
Old 07-25-2006, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

To each their own, but when other large dealers can get the same car and sell them at MSRP, it doesn't make sense to pay a premium on the car.

Ooops, I also forgot that they are paying sponsers
Old 07-25-2006, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

To each their own, but when other large dealers can get the same car and sell them at MSRP, it doesn't make sense to pay a premium on the car.

Ooops, I also forgot that they are paying sponsers
I would agree with your position that it makes no sense to pay a premium but many do. Like most dealers, discounts are rare on new models until the pipeline gets full and demand, or lack of it generates the discounts. My local dealer here will not even consider a discount on a new model for about 6 months or so into the model year. However, Glauser offered me a very fair discount in early April, just 2 months after the car was available for sale here.

As far as paying sponsors...that income helps to support this forum which we all use so much and enjoy for free.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
I would agree with your position that it makes no sense to pay a premium but many do. Like most dealers, discounts are rare on new models until the pipeline gets full and demand, or lack of it generates the discounts. My local dealer here will not even consider a discount on a new model for about 6 months or so into the model year. However, Glauser offered me a very fair discount in early April, just 2 months after the car was available for sale here.

As far as paying sponsors...that income helps to support this forum which we all use so much and enjoy for free.
I have a brother in law who purchased an S65 (W221) for MSRP with no markup. Also, yes Glauser is a large dealer but not nearly as large as some dealers here in so cal. AFAIK Laguna Niguel and Fletcher Jones hold the ranks for the largest dealers in the west and very well possibly the nation or even the world.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sold

The poster didn't say what they sold it for, just that it sold, the premium price may or may not have happened. Since they negotiated so fast on a new 07 S550, it makes sense they probably did the same thing.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:31 AM

'06 S430 Sport, '05 C 55 AMG, '06 BMW 330i, '06 VW Beetle Convertible
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
I have a brother in law who purchased an S65 (W221) for MSRP with no markup. Also, yes Glauser is a large dealer but not nearly as large as some dealers here in so cal. AFAIK Laguna Niguel and Fletcher Jones hold the ranks for the largest dealers in the west and very well possibly the nation or even the world.
You're right, no one is going to beat those two dealers for inventory. I've been told that Fletcher is the number one M-B dealer in the world and Laguna Niguel is number two. I live closer to Laguna Niguel but only do business with Fletcher. They have always given me the best price and the service department has never had a miss, they are excellent. Every time I've ever talked to anyone at Laguna Niguel I felt like I was talking to an idiot. Must be luck of the draw.

Anyway my guess is that Fletcher has at least two to three S 65s on the ground and MSRP or a little less will take it home.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Lender1, thanks for clarifying who the worlds largest dealers are. As for me I deal James over at Laguna Niguel and maybe Vadim in the future for my new purchases. I have not been too happy with the service at Fletcher Jones or let alone buying a car there, again luck of the draw.

I am simply amazed at how many new cars both dealers have all the time. I feel like a kid in the candy store everytime I have to go to Laguna Niguel. Especially when im in the mood to buy lol.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I do not and would not criticize any dealer for adding mark-ups on hot models.
They are in business of selling at a maximum profit yhey can get,otherwise they would be out of the game pretty quick.
Obviously these two found enough "suckers" or "more money then brain" clients ,to support their over the top prices.(over the top comparing to the current market on these cars)
Old 07-26-2006, 01:36 AM

14 'E550
Originally Posted by absent
I do not and would not criticize any dealer for adding mark-ups on hot models.
You really can't, because its really the customer who is at fault (if any blame can be made) for paying the premium prices.

We all know that dealers can only charge what one is willing to pay.

If a $10k premium is too much and the dealer holds at that number, the car will sit and collect dust.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
I did not say Glauser was the largest MB in the world...I said they are the largest S Class dealer in the US. See the Award for 2005.

I have dealt with FJ in Las Vegas and only purchased one car from them in 12 years. When I contacted them in April in regard to the new S they would not even take an order from me for delivery earlier than September. They said they could not deliver until late fall at the earliest and Glauser had them in stock! FJ had no stock at all. The salesman intimated that I was full of BS when I told him what my deal was with Glauser.

FJ is one of the best for service here is LV if you have a great SA, which I do. But as far as sales they are very poor in their competitive attitude. When I was considering an R500, they told me list or nothing. I was able to deal with them on my '06 S430 only because there was trunk money and other incentives to move them. Would FJ sell a S65 above list...you are damn right they would and probably have.

Last edited by Nevada Jack; 07-26-2006 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:08 AM

'06 S430 Sport, '05 C 55 AMG, '06 BMW 330i, '06 VW Beetle Convertible
[QUOTE=Nevada Jack]
FJ is one of the best for service here is LV if you have a great SA, which I do. But as far as sales they are very poor in their competitive attitude. When I was considering an R500, they told me list or nothing. I was able to deal with them on my '06 S430 only because there was trunk money and other incentives to move them. QUOTE]

Jack, I agree with you as well. FJ in Vegas is not competitive. My buddy lives there and he said they don't want to deal on anything. I go to Las Vegas a lot and am pleased to say that I never had to visit their service department (no breakdowns or problems). I've only had one problem driving to Vegas and it was a little frightening. In April, 2005 my wife and I were about 30 miles from The Strip when I blew a tire on my '03 S 430 on I 15 about a mile away from Nevada Landing. It was a Sunday night and dark. My first thought was middle aged couple, disabled high line car on the way to Vegas, in the dark, perfect target for a robbery. I changed the tire quick and got the hell out of there.

It is amazing what being in a competitive market 275 miles away (Los Angeles) can do. I bought my 2006 S 430 from Fletcher Newport Beach last fall. It listed for $83,669 and I got $17,000 off list price. It is not an off color car with light equipment either. It is Pewter Metallic with charcoal interior, sport pkg, xexon light pkg, comfort seats, parktronic, Sirius radio, and CD stacker. They also gave me $2,000 off my C 55 and when I bought it(August, 2004) the car was only out for a couple of weeks.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=Lender1]
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
FJ is one of the best for service here is LV if you have a great SA, which I do. But as far as sales they are very poor in their competitive attitude. When I was considering an R500, they told me list or nothing. I was able to deal with them on my '06 S430 only because there was trunk money and other incentives to move them. QUOTE]

Jack, I agree with you as well. FJ in Vegas is not competitive. My buddy lives there and he said they don't want to deal on anything. I go to Las Vegas a lot and am pleased to say that I never had to visit their service department (no breakdowns or problems). I've only had one problem driving to Vegas and it was a little frightening. In April, 2005 my wife and I were about 30 miles from The Strip when I blew a tire on my '03 S 430 on I 15 about a mile away from Nevada Landing. It was a Sunday night and dark. My first thought was middle aged couple, disabled high line car on the way to Vegas, in the dark, perfect target for a robbery. I changed the tire quick and got the hell out of there.

It is amazing what being in a competitive market 275 miles away (Los Angeles) can do. I bought my 2006 S 430 from Fletcher Newport Beach last fall. It listed for $83,669 and I got $17,000 off list price. It is not an off color car with light equipment either. It is Pewter Metallic with charcoal interior, sport pkg, xexon light pkg, comfort seats, parktronic, Sirius radio, and CD stacker. They also gave me $2,000 off my C 55 and when I bought it(August, 2004) the car was only out for a couple of weeks.
Good move on getting on your way quickly with the tire problem...one never knows. I had a blowout on US40 in TN with my S550. But I called TeleAid and within 30 minutes had a towtruck who changed the tire and took care of the problem for me. Dealer in Nashville was waiting for me and replaced the tire...great service from MB and the dealer. But all dealers are not made from the same cloth.

Your S430 sounds like mine...not the lease special version. Glauser was also very good with the trade value on the S430 (beside the discount)...their philosophy is simple...be good to the customer, price it fairly and sell cars. Best transaction for a car I ever had!
Old 07-26-2006, 07:47 PM
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 CL65
Originally Posted by Lender1
You're right, no one is going to beat those two dealers for inventory. I've been told that Fletcher is the number one M-B dealer in the world and Laguna Niguel is number two. I live closer to Laguna Niguel but only do business with Fletcher. They have always given me the best price and the service department has never had a miss, they are excellent. Every time I've ever talked to anyone at Laguna Niguel I felt like I was talking to an idiot. Must be luck of the draw.

Anyway my guess is that Fletcher has at least two to three S 65s on the ground and MSRP or a little less will take it home.
Largest vol dealer is a mysterious, not very useful title.....some move a lot of C/E-Class or even S-Class but not many of the $125K+ MB's, but others move a lot of S/CL/SL55/65/600, but not as many of the E/C-classes....sure, solid sales volumes of $125K+ MBs are essential for robust allocations, service dept expce w/55 and 65s, etc, but #1 vol doesn't necessarily translate into highest quality sales/svc......

My sense is many upper-end buyers tend to buy from their closest dealer, where they have a long-standing relationship w/their salesguy/mgr/dealer owner; get first priority on any interesting cars at MSRP; rcv robust trade-in values/cheapest poss lease terms; and are prioritized appropriately in the dealer's capable svc dept.....not many of these high-quality, high-end, repeat custs in most mkts...or similar-caliber dealers w/deep high-end, repeat cust bases.....it's a two-way dynamic....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S65 Black/Black Available now! Brand New!