S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

keyless go programming pls....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keyless go programming pls....

hv mb keyless go. mb (s500) dealership sent car w/ only one key.... only to later send second promised keyless key. took to dealer to program, and wrong key was sent. they ordered another key. now i have 1 keyless key and i think the third key is again not keyless. now the keys are mixed up. how can i tell by opening up the keys which is which?? and more imortantly, i want to program the key myself! sick of dealerships and service advisers!!!!
Old 07-30-2006, 10:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
I would think that the programming is done by a computer and you will have to take them to the dealership. Why don't you try the buttons on them and see which one locks and unlocks? That should tell you which key works.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:31 PM

trying the buttons

all the keys function when the buttons are pressed and will start the car when inserted into the keyhole. the two new keys sent however have not been programmed to work as a keyless go system, unlike the first key thas was originally sent with the car. the question still remains, in order to use them as keyless, there is a way to program them, and i am looking for that answer......still.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by tbernazz
all the keys function when the buttons are pressed and will start the car when inserted into the keyhole. the two new keys sent however have not been programmed to work as a keyless go system, unlike the first key thas was originally sent with the car. the question still remains, in order to use them as keyless, there is a way to program them, and i am looking for that answer......still.
The only way to have the keys reprogrammed as far as I know is to have a dealer perform it. And I think the dealers send the keys to somewhere to have this done. So to answer your question: No...there is no way you can program the key.

It seems to me if the dealer only gave you one key and the car is equipped with KeyLess Go, then he is obligated to provide you a second key with the KeyLess Go function activated.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:35 PM

Bentley Continental GT 2004
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
The only way to have the keys reprogrammed as far as I know is to have a dealer perform it. And I think the dealers send the keys to somewhere to have this done. So to answer your question: No...there is no way you can program the key.

It seems to me if the dealer only gave you one key and the car is equipped with KeyLess Go, then he is obligated to provide you a second key with the KeyLess Go function activated.
I have lost a keyless go key in the past. The local dealer had to order me a new one from the factory and quote the chassis number in order to get the correct key, which took a couple of weeks (and if I recall was rather expensive too). Things may be different now, I am not sure.

What I do know is there are outfits that claim to clone keys, including Lexus LS430 ones, but cannot turn out Mercedes keys.

I think most of us would have received 2 keyless go keys when we took delivery of our cars.