S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Car looks like Ford Focus on steroids

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Why is this thread even allowed to continue?

M
Old 08-22-2006, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Originally Posted by Germancar1

M
Old 08-22-2006, 09:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by Germancar1

M
Because Ricky and all the other mods are lazy?
Old 08-22-2006, 10:55 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL/M6
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Hey Baked Beans...you come on this forum and f@rt a wide open, no content statement like "I don't like it at all." You get back what you send....contribute with some reasonable comments and you will get a reasonable response.

It's comments like your's that start wars...!
To be honest, I knew Baked would respond in this fashion. I just had to do it: First he wrote " It kind of does, you have to admit" (look like the Focus) and then he wrote "I don't like it at all". Those are fighting words (LOL) on a W221 forum and I decided to be the first marine to jump off the boat.

I also did say "you may be an exception" because Baked can probably get the W221, I just felt the same way Jack described in the quote above.

Baked wrote: "yes,as I was saying to PaPa just the other morning at Polo, let those unwashed hordes that question the looks of our Angular Teutonic Icon even be able to afford one months lease payment in their sad pathetic little lifetimes, haw haw haw"

This above quote was pretty hilarious and well worth keeping the thread open...

Just messing with you Baked...we all know if everyone liked the same style car it would be auto communism and suck.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Almost a Member!

Even tho I don,t know "Jack":

Fair enough, no worries.
However I feel that any one has the right to like or dislike anything,(yes,even without detailing the reasons) it,s what makes us dif, is it not?.
By the way Nevada I didn't question anyones sanity in buying the car just said it wasnt for me is all,and with regard to your point that just saying "I don,t like it" and agree with the banned poster(touchy people in here huh),that it looks like a "Supa Focus", well as I said it,s just my humble opinion for what it's worth.
With regard to the point another poster made re: the car warming with time as you get used to it", that a valid point,however in this rareified level of automobiles there has to be that "damn, I have to have that car at any cost feeling", you know ,just on the emotional level, and well....sorry...but I just don,t get that feeling with this model.
Oh, and whats with that person whining like a litle girl to close the thread down,look up the word 'forum" will you.
So anyone wanna take me to an art gallery????will ya Uncle Jack, will ya, will ya please.

Last edited by Baked Benz; 08-22-2006 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Almost a Member!

On a lighter note, how is initial quality???
Old 08-24-2006, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by Baked Benz
On a lighter note, how is initial quality???
I don't know how to say this...but perfect comes to mind. Not a hint of any problems and the fit and finish could not be finer. Over 7800 miles and all I do is fill it with gas and enjoy the ride...:-)
Old 09-07-2006, 04:12 AM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
i actually like the rear end. it's the front headlights that needs to grow on me. seems like all the new headlight design mb is coming out with is beginning to lose it's euro look. saw a spy pic of the next e's headlights and it reminds me a of lexus gs!
Old 09-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

VIPER
For whatever its worth, the first couple times I saw the w221 in person its was the rear 3/4 angle that impressed me. In person it has alot of athletic presence in that view. I also think the rear fender arches are perfect (I like them better than the front)

With that being said, over time I have grown to really like the entire design of the car.

I dont know much about the "can not afford" arguement, however I do know that in many cases people hold a emotional attachment to the car they own. What I find this leads to is a bias towards disliking the newer model, especially regarding styling.

I know a lot of e38 7series BMW guys that bashed the hell out of the e65 when it was introduced, only to pickup a certified preowned a few years down the line!

FOCUS=w221 I must admit is "far-fetched" at best!
Old 09-13-2006, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
For whatever its worth, the first couple times I saw the w221 in person its was the rear 3/4 angle that impressed me. In person it has alot of athletic presence in that view. I also think the rear fender arches are perfect (I like them better than the front)

With that being said, over time I have grown to really like the entire design of the car.

I dont know much about the "can not afford" arguement, however I do know that in many cases people hold a emotional attachment to the car they own. What I find this leads to is a bias towards disliking the newer model, especially regarding styling.

I know a lot of e38 7series BMW guys that bashed the hell out of the e65 when it was introduced, only to pickup a certified preowned a few years down the line!

FOCUS=w221 I must admit is "far-fetched" at best!
Nicely stated...

Here's a close up of that rear 3/4 angle (sorry for the image size, only one I had posted) and I think you are right on the button...