S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Anyone with nice pics of Grey/Dark Grey Interior?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone with nice pics of Grey/Dark Grey Interior?

I would appreciate seeing the pics of Grey/Dark Grey interior and how it looks compared to Black.

Would like others opinions on the combination.

Thanks

Last edited by tuscans; 09-08-2006 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 S560; 2021 C300
I have a grey/dark grey interior on my S550 and I personally love it. It's a bit darker than the outgoing Ash from my W220, but still a very sleek and stylish color that goes very well with an Iridium Silver exterior. I also have the premium leather option and find the leather to be of a much higher quality than the standard hides, and very supple. I unfortunately don't have a picture to post for you, my camera is not cooperating, however if you go to the thread which announces RSE pictures, the first two show a grey/dark grey interior. Good luck and happy shopping!
Old 09-08-2006, 11:58 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
BMW M850i Gran Coupe
Originally Posted by MrMBenz1
I have a grey/dark grey interior on my S550 and I personally love it. It's a bit darker than the outgoing Ash from my W220, but still a very sleek and stylish color that goes very well with an Iridium Silver exterior. I also have the premium leather option and find the leather to be of a much higher quality than the standard hides, and very supple. I unfortunately don't have a picture to post for you, my camera is not cooperating, however if you go to the thread which announces RSE pictures, the first two show a grey/dark grey interior. Good luck and happy shopping!
I'm ordering the CL550, probably in Iridium Silver. I am vascillating between the grey/dark grey or black interior. I wasn't overly impressed with the "standard" leather in the S550, thinking it looked and felt a bit hard. Believe it or not, I haven't been able to find a dealer that has the premium leather for me to see. Does it really show that much better than the standard? I read on a European Mercedes site that on the new CL it is possible to order the "exclusive" leather, found on the "600" for approx $5500. It's got a rolled looked, with additional interior surfaces in leather. Also the roof and pillars are in alcantara. Does anyone have any info on this yet ?
Old 09-09-2006, 12:00 AM

BMW M850i Gran Coupe
I'm ordering the CL550, probably in Iridium Silver. I am vascillating between the grey/dark grey or black interior. I wasn't overly impressed with the "standard" leather in the S550, thinking it looked and felt a bit hard. Believe it or not, I haven't been able to find a dealer that has the premium leather for me to see. Does it really show that much better than the standard? I read on a European Mercedes site that on the new CL it is possible to order the "exclusive" leather, found on the "600" for approx $5500. It's got a rolled looked, with additional interior surfaces in leather. Also the roof and pillars are in alcantara. Does anyone have any info on this yet ?
Old 09-09-2006, 02:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 S560; 2021 C300
I do in fact find the premium leather to look much better in the car. With regard to a black interior, I personally think it's too dark and shows dirt too easily. As far as the ability to order the exclusive leather on the CL, I would certainly go for it even at the high price and only wish it were available as an option when I ordered my S550. I just recently returned from Europe where I was driven in an S500 with a full "exclusive" leather interior, and I must say it is truly luxurious and I wish I had it. The additional leather surfaces with stitching on the doors and the alcantara head liner make an already attractive car even more beautiful.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:26 PM

Mrmbenz and others

If the pic in the rse thread is the grey/dark grey, it still looks to light as the previous ash color did in my opinion. the color swatch in the brochure makes it look much darker. I was hoping for something much darker, but not like the Black.

I will have to see it in person. I am too waiting for the cl550.

If others have the grey dark grey pics, would like to see more if possible
Old 09-11-2006, 07:16 PM

BMW M850i Gran Coupe
Originally Posted by tuscans
If the pic in the rse thread is the grey/dark grey, it still looks to light as the previous ash color did in my opinion. the color swatch in the brochure makes it look much darker. I was hoping for something much darker, but not like the Black.

I will have to see it in person. I am too waiting for the cl550.

If others have the grey dark grey pics, would like to see more if possible
I've seen numerous pictures of the new interior colors for the S and the CL, and I'm more confused than ever. Whether it's due to the lighting or what, the blacks look grey and some greys look black. I can tell you that in person, the grey/dark grey on the S550 is darker than the ash (grey) on my S500. There is an interesting site on the European Mercedes web site called "colorator". Here's the link so you can see the CL5 & CL6 exterior paints and interior colors: http://www.mercedes-benz.ch/content/...360_views.html
Old 09-12-2006, 04:53 PM

BMW M850i Gran Coupe
I do in fact find the premium leather to look much better in the car. With regard to a black interior, I personally think it's too dark and shows dirt too easily. As far as the ability to order the exclusive leather on the CL, I would certainly go for it even at the high price and only wish it were available as an option when I ordered my S550. I just recently returned from Europe where I was driven in an S500 with a full "exclusive" leather interior, and I must say it is truly luxurious and I wish I had it. The additional leather surfaces with stitching on the doors and the alcantara head liner make an already attractive car even more beautiful.
According to a Mercedes press release on wordcarfan.com , it looks like we are in luck with Mercedes offering the CL6 Passion interior as an option in the CL5.

Materials: only the very finest
It is immediately obvious to anybody sitting in one of the integral seats that the new CL-Class fits like a tailor-made suit. Everything is perfectly coordinated: forms, colours and materials. There is a choice of five tasteful colour combinations: black/black, basalt grey/dark basalt grey, cognac brown/black, savanna beige/cashmere beige and sahara beige/black.

Mercedes customers are also able to satisfy their individual wishes with a choice of fine wood trim for the centre console, doors and rear side panels: even the burr walnut coming from California is available in two variations – with a dark gloss or matt silk finish. Black ash wood is another option, and hand-selected poplar wood is specially reserved for the CL 600. In the top-of-the-line V12 model it is also used for the wood/leather steering wheel and for the handrest of the COMAND controller.

The seat upholstery is also to the highest standards. Three different grades of leather are available, all with a low level of pre-tensioning for a ruffled effect and a soft, comfortable appearance even at first glance. This appealing visual impression is enhanced even further by the feel of the particularly soft PASSION leather upholstery. If PASSION leather upholstery is ordered as an optional extra (standard in the CL 600), the dashboard, centre console and interior door panels are also lined in this fine nappa leather. Choosing this top-of-the-line interior means that the roof lining and the A and C-pillar linings are also enhanced with high-quality Alcantara -- haute couture on wheels.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by MBZFAN55
According to a Mercedes press release on wordcarfan.com , it looks like we are in luck with Mercedes offering the CL6 Passion interior as an option in the CL5.

Materials: only the very finest
It is immediately obvious to anybody sitting in one of the integral seats that the new CL-Class fits like a tailor-made suit. Everything is perfectly coordinated: forms, colours and materials. There is a choice of five tasteful colour combinations: black/black, basalt grey/dark basalt grey, cognac brown/black, savanna beige/cashmere beige and sahara beige/black.

Mercedes customers are also able to satisfy their individual wishes with a choice of fine wood trim for the centre console, doors and rear side panels: even the burr walnut coming from California is available in two variations – with a dark gloss or matt silk finish. Black ash wood is another option, and hand-selected poplar wood is specially reserved for the CL 600. In the top-of-the-line V12 model it is also used for the wood/leather steering wheel and for the handrest of the COMAND controller.

The seat upholstery is also to the highest standards. Three different grades of leather are available, all with a low level of pre-tensioning for a ruffled effect and a soft, comfortable appearance even at first glance. This appealing visual impression is enhanced even further by the feel of the particularly soft PASSION leather upholstery. If PASSION leather upholstery is ordered as an optional extra (standard in the CL 600), the dashboard, centre console and interior door panels are also lined in this fine nappa leather. Choosing this top-of-the-line interior means that the roof lining and the A and C-pillar linings are also enhanced with high-quality Alcantara -- haute couture on wheels.
What you have to watch is that these press releases pertain to the EU market generally. The European models have a totally different selection of options than those provided by MBUSA. The write up on the S550 indicated three grades of leather, yet when we got the car it only had the standard and premium. So it may be and it may not be...not until MBUSA bean counters do their censoring will the final decision be known...:-)
Old 09-12-2006, 05:30 PM

mbz fan

Thanks for the link, however these web colors never look the way the real colors are. Hope you are right on the leather options.

We will have to wait for more pictures of cars as they are released.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:02 PM

What color is on this CL?

Look at the middle pic on this link.

http://www.mercedes-benz.de/content/...e/gallery.html
Old 09-13-2006, 05:53 PM

BMW M850i Gran Coupe
Tuscans - It looks like Iridiium Silver to me, but sometimes these artist renditions are not as exact as the actual photographs. Additionally, as mentioned earlier, I think the amount (or lack) of lighting also alters the look of the colors.

NevadaJack - Sheesh Jack, can't I have a little wishful thinking for a few minutes ? You are exactly right, as the information is from Stuttgart and not Montvale. I would love to see the "600" interior available as an option. If they can do Designo for a price, why can't MBUSA offer this ? It's not exactly like we're asking them to paint the car "safety yellow" !
Old 09-13-2006, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by MBZFAN55
Tuscans - It looks like Iridiium Silver to me, but sometimes these artist renditions are not as exact as the actual photographs. Additionally, as mentioned earlier, I think the amount (or lack) of lighting also alters the look of the colors.

NevadaJack - Sheesh Jack, can't I have a little wishful thinking for a few minutes ? You are exactly right, as the information is from Stuttgart and not Montvale. I would love to see the "600" interior available as an option. If they can do Designo for a price, why can't MBUSA offer this ? It's not exactly like we're asking them to paint the car "safety yellow" !
MBUSA has a new boss so maybe he will correct some of the limited options on US models...
Old 09-13-2006, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W220 M113K
lets see some photos i love photos lol
Old 09-14-2006, 12:05 AM

05 CLK 320
Originally Posted by 02S430
lets see some photos i love photos lol
same here lol