S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

For those who clean their cars themselves

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
Lightbulb For those who clean their cars themselves

I was just wondering what product you guys use on the exterior of your cars. I have used almost everything and many different combinations including products for my Makita buffer and hand products. I have been thinking about getting the Zaino products and just throwing out all the other products in the garage. Just wondering what products, and steps you use.

Thanks,
KRN

P.S. you don't have to get too indepth as I am familiar with the steps and I know there is a detail thread, just wondering what products give you the deepest shine!
P.P.S. Those of you with black cars I am especially interested in what you do.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:13 AM

2010 E350, 2007 S550 - SOLD, 2007 ML350
I use Zaino and I swear by them. They really do a good job keeping the shine and protecting the paint. I just got my wife a 2007 ML350 with black exterior. I can't wait to put couple coats of zaino on it.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:19 AM

2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
Originally Posted by i7iceguy
I use Zaino and I swear by them. They really do a good job keeping the shine and protecting the paint. I just got my wife a 2007 ML350 with black exterior. I can't wait to put couple coats of zaino on it.
Nice purchase...Just wondering with the Zaino though, do you put a wax on after it or is the Z-2 the last step?
Old 11-01-2006, 01:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1992 500E, 2006 E500, 2007 GL 450
Been using RejeX for about 2 years now. Best finish and easiest to use of any product I've tried (I think I've tried them all). Recommended it to 6-7 friends including one who details cars for a living. All have switched over to it. I order it by the gallon from www.corosionx.com. Small sizes available.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
I have been using Merguiars NXT products. They are cheap and great. Not to mention they are readily available at my local auto parts store.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:33 PM

2010 Charcoal Grey E350 Coupe
Amen to the Meguiar's
Old 11-01-2006, 04:33 PM

CLK500 2003, S 600 Model 2007
http://www.autobrill.ch/?c=0&cn=welcome&l=En

Trending Topics

Old 11-01-2006, 07:50 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2024 AMG G63, 2023 Bentley GTC Speed
www.griotsgarage.com
Old 11-02-2006, 02:16 AM

2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
Guys, thanks for all the input....I have decided to order the Zaino ultimate kit which should give me everything I need. I have used all the Meguiars products, from professional numbered product (ex. #7 glaze), to their gold class, to their nxt generation. For some reason I was always only 80% happy. I kept purchasing their newest products because I felt the newere one would finally be it. I have used the RejeX before but never on my car, I feel like it wasn't the best for clear coat scratches. I used it on a red (Rimini Red Range Rover Sport) SUV and it gave it a really wet look but the paint was already very good on it. I figured I will order the Zaino and get back to let you guys know how it works. From the sounds of it I can use the Zaino and in effect seal the paint, thus not having to use my buffer for again if I keep the applications up. This is a plus for me because I just get tired of holding the buffer and I feel the pad just abosorbs product.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

89 300TE, and 68 280sel
Originally Posted by nantucketsleigh
Been using RejeX for about 2 years now. Best finish and easiest to use of any product I've tried (I think I've tried them all). Recommended it to 6-7 friends including one who details cars for a living. All have switched over to it. I order it by the gallon from www.corosionx.com. Small sizes available.
I bought some of that a while back and tried it and it didn't seem to last any longer than any Meguiars higher quality wax.... I think I just stick with Barry's best... cheaper, works great, and who doesn't enjoy waxing their car twice a year, c'mon
Old 11-06-2006, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Guys, thanks for all the input....I have decided to order the Zaino ultimate kit which should give me everything I need. I have used all the Meguiars products, from professional numbered product (ex. #7 glaze), to their gold class, to their nxt generation. For some reason I was always only 80% happy. I kept purchasing their newest products because I felt the newere one would finally be it. I have used the RejeX before but never on my car, I feel like it wasn't the best for clear coat scratches. I used it on a red (Rimini Red Range Rover Sport) SUV and it gave it a really wet look but the paint was already very good on it. I figured I will order the Zaino and get back to let you guys know how it works. From the sounds of it I can use the Zaino and in effect seal the paint, thus not having to use my buffer for again if I keep the applications up. This is a plus for me because I just get tired of holding the buffer and I feel the pad just abosorbs product.
Trust me I have used almost every product on the market at one time or another. I switched back to Zaino about 3 months ago and literally threw out every thing but my Menzerna polishes which I use when I get minor imperfections in the paint. One of my cars is black and the shine using Zaino is incredible; better than anything I have used.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:58 PM

2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
Originally Posted by lkirchner
Trust me I have used almost every product on the market at one time or another. I switched back to Zaino about 3 months ago and literally threw out every thing but my Menzerna polishes which I use when I get minor imperfections in the paint. One of my cars is black and the shine using Zaino is incredible; better than anything I have used.
Thanks...I am in the same boat, black car and every product available. I have never tried the Menzerna products, but I have a plethora of other products and a makita wheel to use if I do need too. I plan on using the Zaino from now on (bc I have the paint in great condition now) and hopefully I will not have to bust out any other products (I plan on throwing them out). I do have a question that maybe you could help me with. Has anyone ever tried to apply the Z-PC product using a buffer? In the instructions it does say that you can do this I was just wondering if anyone has so I could get their input. I should be getting my ultimate package tomorrow and I am debating whether I should use my wheel with the Z-PC.