S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

badgeing ?????= hate. ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 612 Scaglietti
Originally Posted by stardoc
Hi 06clk350....sorry you're having problems with your GS. How do you like the drive compared to the 997tt?
Hi stardoc,
I havent received my 997tt yet, but it is on order. I drove it at the dealer and i still love the handling of the gs much more. I love my grandsport but i think it is at the dealer more than its at my house. I ordered the 997tt in automatic since the new automatics are much faster than the manuals. The one i drove was manual and i still loved it. I can imagine how the automatic will feel. If the gs didnt give me problems, i think i would rather have the gs then the 997tt though. I hopefully will replace my gs with a f430 soon if i find one for a good deal.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
Originally Posted by AsianML
I just don't like liars, and rebadging a car is like lying to the general public.
End of discussion honestly. There is no debate.

There is a reason why an S550 doesn't come with an AMG badge, it's not an AMG tuned car. Putting one on implies it is. Thats a lie.

Originally Posted by 06CLK350
THE CAR HAS THE AMG PACKAGE ON IT, THEREFORE IT MAY HAVE THE AMG BADGE ON IT! SPECIALLY IF THE DEALER OFFERED TO PUT IT ON, WE SHOULDNT HAVE A PROBLEM. OBVIOUSLY IT NOT A FAKE IF IT SAYS S550 YOU MORON! IF IT SAID S63, THEN I MIGHT BE ON YOUR SIDE. **** OFF!
Your dealer is not god, they don't make the 'rules'.

Having an AMG body kit on does not make putting an AMG badge on acceptable, otherwise why wouldn't it come with the AMG badge?

Last edited by Murtaza; 01-12-2007 at 12:38 AM.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
Originally Posted by Murtaza
Having an AMG body kit on does not make putting an AMG badge on acceptable, otherwise why wouldn't it come with the AMG badge?
i thought some of the w220 s500 amg's had the amg badge but no engine enhancements?
Old 01-12-2007, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Saprissa
i have an AMG badge on my non-AMG Benz

The only people that are impressed with the AMG badge on a car, are people who know what an AMG is, Be happy with what you have, and maybe one day, youll actually get an AMG
Old 01-12-2007, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ZedStyle
i thought some of the w220 s500 amg's had the amg badge but no engine enhancements?
you thought wrong, that was another bright idea from the dealers those people bought the cars from.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:42 AM
Almost a Member!

S 550 AMG
Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
Ill take my ML63 AMG , over your non AMG s550 sport anyday of the week. I could have bought that too, its the same f***ing price, but I wanted to be able to display the AMG logo legitimitely. Your a Loser, Go F*** yourself
hahaha...you would rather buy an ML over an S. what are you? A soccer mom? Queer...
Old 01-13-2007, 04:09 PM

07 CLS 63, 87 L6,raised TITAN,62 custom beetle,72 monte carlo,2 civics
Originally Posted by snoopdizil
hahaha...you would rather buy an ML over an S. what are you? A soccer mom? Queer...
I would rather have an AMG ML than a NON-AMG s class, The S-550 is more for a old man with a little dick

Last edited by slang500; 01-13-2007 at 04:10 PM. Reason: mis
Old 01-13-2007, 06:01 PM

06 612 Scaglietti
Originally Posted by slang500
I would rather have an AMG ML than a NON-AMG s class, The S-550 is more for a old man with a little dick
Think about it like this. Since his in real estate, his not going to put people in the back seat of a cls, his going to put then in the back seat of a s550. Even the ml has little leg room in the back. I think the cls is a car for a guy with little dick.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Think about it like this. Since his in real estate, his not going to put people in the back seat of a cls, his going to put then in the back seat of a s550. Even the ml has little leg room in the back. I think the cls is a car for a guy with little dick.
That is irrelevant, we are talking about the gay AMG badge.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:37 PM

06 612 Scaglietti
Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
That is irrelevant, we are talking about the gay AMG badge.
Unfortunetly, i dont give a **** if its irrelevant! I felt like saying it, therefore i said it. End of discussion.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
You guys seem to not be able to keep yourselves in check.

If you guys can't keep it in check, you'll find yourself in a month long ban. Consider this the final warning.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Almost a Member!

Hi stardoc,
I havent received my 997tt yet, but it is on order. I drove it at the dealer and i still love the handling of the gs much more. I love my grandsport but i think it is at the dealer more than its at my house. I ordered the 997tt in automatic since the new automatics are much faster than the manuals. The one i drove was manual and i still loved it. I can imagine how the automatic will feel. If the gs didnt give me problems, i think i would rather have the gs then the 997tt though. I hopefully will replace my gs with a f430 soon if i find one for a good deal.
I know what you mean. My Coupe is modded so that I could track it and absolutely love it.
P. cars are nice but there's some sort of satisfaction in an Italian that no German car can give you. You'll love the F430.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:20 AM

06 612 Scaglietti
I know what you mean. My Coupe is modded so that I could track it and absolutely love it.
P. cars are nice but there's some sort of satisfaction in an Italian that no German car can give you. You'll love the F430.
Exactly, Italian cars and German cars are totally different. I think you get a lot for your money when it comes to porsche, but you get a lot from maserati also. I hope i get a f430. I cant seem to find one. The Ferrari dealership is being very annoying about me purchasing a new one from them. They want me to pay 50k over sticker, which i will not do. I would get an slr, but my friend has one and the brakes are ridiculous. What do you think of the quattroporte? I would really love to replace the 745 with the quatt. but then i dont want it to be tooo sporty. Im on the road all day, therefore i need a car that is not too ruff.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Almost a Member!

Exactly, Italian cars and German cars are totally different. I think you get a lot for your money when it comes to porsche, but you get a lot from maserati also. I hope i get a f430. I cant seem to find one. The Ferrari dealership is being very annoying about me purchasing a new one from them. They want me to pay 50k over sticker, which i will not do. I would get an slr, but my friend has one and the brakes are ridiculous. What do you think of the quattroporte? I would really love to replace the 745 with the quatt. but then i dont want it to be tooo sporty. Im on the road all day, therefore i need a car that is not too ruff.
Yes, Ferrari dealerships can be pretty autocratic. I have a friend who just bought an F430 from the local Ferrari Stealer which told him that if he ever decided to sell his car back to anyone except them, they would never sell him another Ferrari again. Go figure.
I considered buying a QP but decided to go with an S550 because you'll take a bath on depreciation and clutch replacement costs if the QP is a daily driver. Given that, I have my S550 for sale after only 5 months of ownership and I feel that I wouldn't have gotten bored of the QP so quickly. In '07 I think they are revising the QP transmission so you may consider looking at one agian.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:10 PM

06 612 Scaglietti
Yes, Ferrari dealerships can be pretty autocratic. I have a friend who just bought an F430 from the local Ferrari Stealer which told him that if he ever decided to sell his car back to anyone except them, they would never sell him another Ferrari again. Go figure.
I considered buying a QP but decided to go with an S550 because you'll take a bath on depreciation and clutch replacement costs if the QP is a daily driver. Given that, I have my S550 for sale after only 5 months of ownership and I feel that I wouldn't have gotten bored of the QP so quickly. In '07 I think they are revising the QP transmission so you may consider looking at one agian.
I went to the Ferrari/Maserati dealership last weekend and test drove the new qp. It is a full automatic transmission which i am considering getting for my wife to replace her 745. Since i paid off my gs on the spot, i didnt have to worry about payments, but they are saying $2000a month with $8000 down for a qp. Thats ridulous. I was willing to pay $1700 with $5000, but not that much. I could get her a db9 for a little more than that. Im trying to see if anyone can give me the deal im looking for. Im not in a rush since the 7s lease isnt ending till the end of 07, but i am willing to get one now if i find the right deal. What do you think is a nice color for the qp. Im either going to go with neptune blue/beige or the white/beige. They told me that i have to sell the gs to them also if i ever wanted to buy a car from them again. I was kindly walking out when they called me back and said i dont have to. I wanted to trade in my gs, but they offered only 65k. NO WAY! I paid 120k for it 7500 miles ago. They are going to regret it since im lemon lawing it now. Ill get every penny back, hopefully. The car checked into service the 3rd day i purchased it

Last edited by 06CLK350; 01-14-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:38 PM

C63 AMG (stock right now), Beach Cruiser (debadged), Piper Cherokee 280 (too much to mention)
+1 on either stock badging or badge delete only
Old 01-16-2007, 12:20 AM

05 c55
first, anybody can post in whatever forum they want even if they dont have the car that that forum refers to, or any car for that matter. just be an enthusiast
second, you dont have to have the fastest, most expensive, nicest, or "best" car to make you a better person than someone else. maybach owners can kick it with c230k owners.
third, people are supposed to give their opinions on forums. people are gonna tell you your car looks gay. they're gonna tell you your car looks sweet. there is some scientific, technical stuff. most of it is subjective though. dont tell people not to give their opinion if you post something.

my opinion (and dont be a smartass and say you dont care what my opinion is because everybody has one...) is that you shouldnt badge a non amg car as amg. the s550 is an awesome car, i would trade my amg for snoop's s550 (minus the amg badge) if $$$$ wasn't a factor. the amg badge takes away from it. put amg rims, body kits, valve stem caps, seats, and anything else amg on your car that you want. just dont put the badge on, it is the worst "mod" ever. i consider it a lie.

IF YOU HAVE AN S550 WITH AN AMG BADGE, YOU DONT USE THE W221 AMG FORUM AS YOUR "HOME" FORUM, YOU USE THIS FORUM. WHY? BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOUR CAR IS NOT AN AMG.

P.S. no offense snoop, but your car has been a huge topic in this thread so i used it as an EXAMPLE ONLY. pretend i was talking about a random amg badged s550 or e350 or cls 550 if you felt i was directing this at you.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
Originally Posted by glomar83
first, anybody can post in whatever forum they want even if they dont have the car that that forum refers to, or any car for that matter. just be an enthusiast
second, you dont have to have the fastest, most expensive, nicest, or "best" car to make you a better person than someone else. maybach owners can kick it with c230k owners.
third, people are supposed to give their opinions on forums. people are gonna tell you your car looks gay. they're gonna tell you your car looks sweet. there is some scientific, technical stuff. most of it is subjective though. dont tell people not to give their opinion if you post something.

my opinion (and dont be a smartass and say you dont care what my opinion is because everybody has one...) is that you shouldnt badge a non amg car as amg. the s550 is an awesome car, i would trade my amg for snoop's s550 (minus the amg badge) if $$$$ wasn't a factor. the amg badge takes away from it. put amg rims, body kits, valve stem caps, seats, and anything else amg on your car that you want. just dont put the badge on, it is the worst "mod" ever. i consider it a lie.

IF YOU HAVE AN S550 WITH AN AMG BADGE, YOU DONT USE THE W221 AMG FORUM AS YOUR "HOME" FORUM, YOU USE THIS FORUM. WHY? BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOUR CAR IS NOT AN AMG.

P.S. no offense snoop, but your car has been a huge topic in this thread so i used it as an EXAMPLE ONLY. pretend i was talking about a random amg badged s550 or e350 or cls 550 if you felt i was directing this at you.
you have a good point... .. why is putting a AMG badge is a lie......?? Let me ask you a question...... can you tell a AMG car and non AMG car with or with out a badge........?? putting a Brabus badge and you don't have a Brabus motor is that a lie.......?? If people try to dress up their motor to look like an AMG motor now that a lie.......
Old 01-16-2007, 01:26 AM

05 c55
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS
you have a good point... .. why is putting a AMG badge is a lie......?? Let me ask you a question...... can you tell a AMG car and non AMG car with or with out a badge........?? putting a Brabus badge and you don't have a Brabus motor is that a lie.......?? If people try to dress up their motor to look like an AMG motor now that a lie.......
Amg badge comes from the factory on a car that is full amg. You can do whatever you want to your car, I just think its tacky to "mod" your car with an amg badge.

Security guards may have real police flashlights and handcuffs, but they don't wear a police badge. They're not real cops. C240s and e350s and sl500a aren't real amgs even though they may have the amg "handcuffs and flashlight."

As far as brabus, carlson, renntech and lorinser, etc. Those badges don't make me think the driver is a poser. Amg comes from the factory, those are aftermarket companies.
I don't have a reason why but it doesn't look bad if you have a brabus badge as long as you have brabus equipment.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by glomar83

word.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by snoopdizil
You gotta be kidding me if you think that as soon as you pull up next me I'd race that bucket of yours. First off, I don't race. If I wanted to race I'd buy a Indy car. Second, The only thing gay in this thread is you and your fantasy of me eating a dick. That's pretty *** like man. O and BTW...F#%K your opinion. Take that **** to a Ford forum.
First, how Blown 330 got banned for his post and you're still here for the above quoted is way beyond me.

Back to the topic...
An S550 is a nice ride but again, its not an AMG Mercedes

Personally, I think its lame to badge/re-badge a car. There is no such thing as an S550 AMG. At the same time, I'm not losing any sleep over it because I see it all the time... There are posers all over NYC with AMG badges. We all know which are real AMG's and which are fakes.

Bottom line is as long as you're happy with having an "AMG" that really isn't an AMG its cool... Just don't bring the fake Rolex's for service or try to return the fake Louis Vuitton when the straps break, Saks might laugh you out the door.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Banned

cl500-o5, s500 sedan-o4, new s550 sedan
i find it just AMAZING that one little 4 inch badge on the back of a 100 k + car just ruins the car. My question, to you is , if one were to put the new carbon fiber SLR hood on ones SL , basically making the SL look like a Mclaren, is that a lie, or is this posing ???? cause people do it all the time.!
Old 01-16-2007, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
Cheated???

Originally Posted by cmcjo
I actually don't see a problem with it. I thought that AMG badge looked really nice. And until I started reading the responses, I thought it was a new style or special from Mercedes.

I think that the angry people are upset that they had to spend that extra money to get the real AMG and maybe feel cheated somehow.
How can I feel cheated when I see Vettes, Ferraris and M5's in my rear view mirror?

Honestly, I just don't think it is right to pretend you are something or somebody you are not.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:20 PM

05 c55
Originally Posted by sooners
i find it just AMAZING that one little 4 inch badge on the back of a 100 k + car just ruins the car. My question, to you is , if one were to put the new carbon fiber SLR hood on ones SL , basically making the SL look like a Mclaren, is that a lie, or is this posing ???? cause people do it all the time.!
I don't think you get it. Hoods, rims, spoilers, valve stem caps, etc. are additions or mods to your car to make them look or perform better. A badge is more like an id card.

Refer to my police officer/security guard analogy. A security guard can by the police boots, 9mm, crown victoria, belt, handcuffs, etc. But he doesn't get the official police badge. The badge would look nice pinned to his security guard shirt, but he is not a police officer so the badge would make him a liar.

Have your dealer or the DMV run your vin and if it comes up registered as an amg vehicle, you can out the amg badge on.

Again, do whatever you want to your car, its up to you, but I (and a lot of other people) would just be happy with the car that I have and not try to trick people into thinking I have a "better" or more expensive car.
You can't say the badge itself makes the car look better. Its the image that the badge gives to other people that you like.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
i have a rental because my s500 is in the body shop, i got tipsy yesterday, and ate a stop sign, and slid off the road, the police officer called the tow truck, and got me out of the ditch, and he gave me a warning?did i get lucky or is my insurance going to go up?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: badgeing ?????= hate. ??