S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

badgeing ?????= hate. ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 02:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cl500-o5, s500 sedan-o4, new s550 sedan
badgeing ?????= hate. ??

After witnessing the massive flaming of some of our members over how their cars are badged, for example this new guy, i believe his name was snoopdizle,posted picks of a white amg kitted S550, a beautiful car, but alas it had a amg badge on it, he was then called a fake, a poser, and other names by assorted members, i mean the cat just spent 100k plus on a new ride, posted some picks and was roundly chastised by some folks because of a lousy badge, i don't get it... why all the hate, i joined this forum for fun and to meet fellow benz lovers, whats up??....now all i am doing is asking a question, so don't go hatin, if a guy spends that kind of coin on a freakin car, he should be able to badge the thing any way he wants, just my 2 pennies, take care.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Silver CLS550, Blk M45, Lexus GX470 & an endless fleet of Avis Premium Rental Cars
Well, I got the same treatment when I posted pics of my 04 RR with 22inch strut wheels. I got flamed!!!! I had a few new jacks step up to give me props, but the majority ate me alive. I never went back to that forum, but I wasn't hurt. I actually laughed, but I kept it moving. Some guys are just plain old L7 if you know what I mean and the same thing applies to some of the Benz owners here. So, let the haters hate and let the playa play.

I want to see that thread.

Last edited by CakeDaddy; 11-28-2006 at 02:40 PM.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:44 PM

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts
S580, GTC, GL550, NEW S550, S63 (Sold), S550 (Sold), ML350, C230
I agree! Everybody has the right to f-up their cars as they see fit. We are all different people with different taste and at different places in their lives. I think that it's cool that this kid has the ability to rock an S550 at 21 and get down with all that LA sna%^h! All the power to you "Snoop" and your AMG badge. Your car looks good and nobody knows any different except for the few here on this forum... most who btw don't have an S550.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1993 300SEL/S320
WHAT ARE YOU ALL TALKING ABOUT YOU MUST CONFORM!!!!! CONFORM!!!!! WE HAVE NO ROOM FOR INDEPENDENT THOUGHT HERE!!!!

I agree the amount of times here and on other boards I have felt like posting: "Congrats on ruining a nice car" but I figure just like my car they must think, "It's mine and I'll do whatever the f#$k I want with it" and I could not agree more. People can say it's not their thing but aside from that really should just STFU
Old 11-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
I just don't like liars, and rebadging a car is like lying to the general public. Debadging, I don't have a problem with. Sometimes I like it because the badge interrupts the smooth flow of the car.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:43 PM

2007 S600. 2005 Carrera GT. 2007 Range Rover SC. 2008 BMW X5. 1967 SS Chevelle.
I actually don't see a problem with it. I thought that AMG badge looked really nice. And until I started reading the responses, I thought it was a new style or special from Mercedes.

I think that the angry people are upset that they had to spend that extra money to get the real AMG and maybe feel cheated somehow.

Last edited by cmcjo; 11-28-2006 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:46 PM

2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
The most recent form that I remember this happening what THG (aka TNG). I believe he said something like (paraphrasing) "the dealership offered me a free AMG badge, was that wrong?"

Anyways, it is just opinion, if you can't handle someone's opinion on an online forum well maybe go seek some help. I personally would want no badges because I like the clean look.
My question: reelestates, why do you justify badging the car by saying only the people here would notice? You also say props to a 21 year old for having a w221, I AGREE. A 21 yr old with a 100k car is AWESOME and I give him credit. But why should he, and the others who sport the badges, put the AMG on just so people think they have a 185k car, isn't a 100k car enough? Talk about a materialistic socitey...
Old 11-28-2006, 04:49 PM

2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
P.S. I do agree that it gets ridiculous with the AMG badging. An opinion is one thing....out right hatred is another. Just stete your 'yay' or 'nay' and move on to something else, no need to scrutinize.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
The most recent form that I remember this happening what THG (aka TNG). I believe he said something like (paraphrasing) "the dealership offered me a free AMG badge, was that wrong?"

Anyways, it is just opinion, if you can't handle someone's opinion on an online forum well maybe go seek some help. I personally would want no badges because I like the clean look.
My question: reelestates, why do you justify badging the car by saying only the people here would notice? You also say props to a 21 year old for having a w221, I AGREE. A 21 yr old with a 100k car is AWESOME and I give him credit. But why should he, and the others who sport the badges, put the AMG on just so people think they have a 185k car, isn't a 100k car enough? Talk about a materialistic socitey...
What I mean- is that we (forum members) are the only ones who really know the difference and who know the difference between the S550 & the S65. I would venture to say that at best 5%-10% of a specific affluent society knows what an AMG is. Furthermore, his (Snoop) car as well as mine has a styling package that is designed and manufactured by AMG and is installed and finished by the factory and not a 3rd party add-on. In fact, i have the AMG logo stamped on parts that are all over my car. Therefore, it would be my opinion that SNOOP has every right to finish off his car with an AMG logo on the trunk lid and that it would be an acceptable styling accent. Particularly, if it helps him get more trim!!!!! Because IMO that is what life is about!!!!

NO HATERS!!!!
Old 11-28-2006, 06:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by reelestates
What I mean- is that we (forum members) are the only ones who really know the difference and who know the difference between the S550 & the S65. I would venture to say that at best 5%-10% of a specific affluent society knows what an AMG is. Furthermore, his (Snoop) car as well as mine has a styling package that is designed and manufactured by AMG and is installed and finished by the factory and not a 3rd party add-on. In fact, i have the AMG logo stamped on parts that are all over my car. Therefore, it would be my opinion that SNOOP has every right to finish off his car with an AMG logo on the trunk lid and that it would be an acceptable styling accent. Particularly, if it helps him get more trim!!!!! Because IMO that is what life is about!!!!

NO HATERS!!!!
I see your point, however cmcjo's post has a lot to do with it too, and it's just misleading. It's not an AMG, unless you have the AMG engine. The engine, IMO, is that what makes an AMG, an AMG, not the bodykit.

I actually don't see a problem with it. I thought that AMG badge looked really nice. And until I started reading the responses, I thought it was a new style or special from Mercedes.

I think that the angry people are upset that they had to spend that extra money to get the real AMG and maybe feel cheated somehow.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Banned

reelestates.....you COULD not be more correct, i agree completely with your opinion, you nailed that one good buddy, !!, i think the dudes car looks bad ***.!!
Old 11-28-2006, 06:10 PM
Banned

Furthermore...i think i will call the ship and order me a amg badge right now....lol.lol.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by AsianML
I see your point, however cmcjo's post has a lot to do with it too, and it's just misleading. It's not an AMG, unless you have the AMG engine. The engine, IMO, is that what makes an AMG, an AMG, not the bodykit.
While I respect your opinion, I do not agree. If it does'nt have an AMG engine it is not an S63 or S65 but a S550 w/ the AMG package has much right to be labeled an AMG as Carlssons, Lorinsers & Barbus cars who carry the badges with no real engine tuning done.

Disclaimer- If Snoop puts lambo doors on the S then maybe I will lose it and go into a rage!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 CLS 500
HAHAHA......I have posted some questions regarding retro fitting AMG parts on my CLS 500 a while ago in the AMG forum (assumed they have the tech knowled00ge on AMG cars....?) And got bashed, cursed, "poser", "wanna be".... My response....WTF with folks driving Mercedes... Just a simple thought of improving a good car to better car from the factory and received the responses like that...."sign"

I can understand it's weird how people put an "AMG" badge next to "CLS 500" which I saw in person the other day, but want to upgrade/improve the vehicle from factory isn't it suppose to be compliment for the AMG owners/ manufacture....?

Just a piece of my thought....
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
Hey I don't really mind that much...

Especially on TNG's S Class...it has the AMG package, and the AMG badge is fitting. It's just on old beaters or something not even close to an AMG that bugs me (lol at Ml32 AMG!)
Old 11-28-2006, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by sooners
Furthermore...i think i will call the ship and order me a amg badge right now....lol.lol.
me too!!!
Old 11-28-2006, 06:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by CSUFL
HAHAHA......I have posted some questions regarding retro fitting AMG parts on my CLS 500 a while ago in the AMG forum (assumed they have the tech knowled00ge on AMG cars....?) And got bashed, cursed, "poser", "wanna be".... My response....WTF with folks driving Mercedes... Just a simple thought of improving a good car to better car from the factory and received the responses like that...."sign"

I can understand it's weird how people put an "AMG" badge next to "CLS 500" which I saw in person the other day, but want to upgrade/improve the vehicle from factory isn't it suppose to be compliment for the AMG owners/ manufacture....?

Just a piece of my thought....
I have absolutely no problem with adding on a body kit. Some of the "AMG Package" body kits are nearly identical to the actual AMG body kits themselves, but it's not a true AMG because the heart (aka engine) isn't there..
Old 11-28-2006, 09:17 PM
Almost a Member!

S 550 AMG
All great points. I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but what went on in that thread was just ridiculous...true I don't have the engine but I do have a kit and rims. My rims have a "AMG" stamp on it, from the factory. Should I color it in with a sharpie? How does anyone come out and say I'm a poser when in fact my car has AMG products on it. Im not trying to make it look like anything. It is what it is. S550. Thats what it says on there. If I was to put a S65 badge than let the bashing begin.

For the non-haters: Thanks for the great compiments and hope to deal with you guys more often...you guys almost made me forget about all the haters I was dealing with earlier. Keep it up.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by snoopdizil
All great points. I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but what went on in that thread was just ridiculous...true I don't have the engine but I do have a kit and rims. My rims have a "AMG" stamp on it, from the factory. Should I color it in with a sharpie? How does anyone come out and say I'm a poser when in fact my car has AMG products on it. Im not trying to make it look like anything. It is what it is. S550. Thats what it says on there. If I was to put a S65 badge than let the bashing begin.

For the non-haters: Thanks for the great compiments and hope to deal with you guys more often...you guys almost made me forget about all the haters I was dealing with earlier. Keep it up.
They are stamped AMG, because they are OEM AMG products. MB isn't going to spend all that money to make sport wheels for the S550 that don't have the AMG imprint on them.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:30 PM

2007 SL550, 2008 S65, Golf cart and a few non-MB vehicles
Originally Posted by sooners

Think I'll do the same thing for my golf cart....ummm maybe not as I'll probably get banned from the country club
Old 11-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by meegle
Think I'll do the same thing for my golf cart....ummm maybe not as I'll probably get banned from the country club
Doooo itttt!!! Don't you know the AMG badge alone adds 100hp? You'll outrun those b******s in no time.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by snoopdizil

rock on!
Old 11-28-2006, 10:15 PM

2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
When you guys say that your cars have AMG badges all over them 'maybe i will fill it in with sharpie' is not an argument for having a badge on the back. AsianML is right, the badge on the back references engine. Everything else, brakes, rims, etc have badges on them. IMO the AMG on the back is to show that the engine is an AMG. I don't understand why you guys feel the need to throw the AMG badge on the back as you know it is not justification because there are AMG parts on you car. If you see an AMG badge on the back you don't think hey it has AMG rims, you think damn that thing has an engine. Regardless, who cares, if you ask for someones opinion and they give it to you deal with it.

P.S. why not change the 550 to a 65?
Old 11-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Almost a Member!

S 550 AMG
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
When you guys say that your cars have AMG badges all over them 'maybe i will fill it in with sharpie' is not an argument for having a badge on the back. AsianML is right, the badge on the back references engine. Everything else, brakes, rims, etc have badges on them. IMO the AMG on the back is to show that the engine is an AMG. I don't understand why you guys feel the need to throw the AMG badge on the back as you know it is not justification because there are AMG parts on you car. If you see an AMG badge on the back you don't think hey it has AMG rims, you think damn that thing has an engine. Regardless, who cares, if you ask for someones opinion and they give it to you deal with it.

P.S. why not change the 550 to a 65?
So the same would go for the engine. The engine also says AMG on it which makes the engine an AMG. I don't see what a badge on the other end of the car has anything to do witht the engine.

P.S. why not change your Jetta to Passat...
Old 11-28-2006, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1993 300SEL/S320
Originally Posted by AsianML
Still AML look at it this way both the AMG badge and the bodykit are cosmetic or external modifcations, I have a 600 grille and wheels on my 140 but no badges, whats been done to my car by having items exclusive to a 600 and no badge saying otherwise seems to me to be the same as an AMG bodykit and an AMG badge.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: badgeing ?????= hate. ??