S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

badgeing ?????= hate. ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 06:30 AM

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts
S580, GTC, GL550, NEW S550, S63 (Sold), S550 (Sold), ML350, C230
Alright Guys!!!!! enough is enough!!!! you guys are beating a dead horse!!!

Can we become a productive forum and use our collective energy to figure out how to hack the Command Center and do some real damage??? Like getting TV/Video out of it??? and not that s&^t back up camera rig?? Also, turn off that seatbelt warning alarm that drives me nuts??? Ohh, and maybe lower the car without a module.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is a German Tank
Originally Posted by snoopdizil
All great points. I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but what went on in that thread was just ridiculous...true I don't have the engine but I do have a kit and rims. My rims have a "AMG" stamp on it, from the factory. Should I color it in with a sharpie? How does anyone come out and say I'm a poser when in fact my car has AMG products on it. Im not trying to make it look like anything. It is what it is. S550. Thats what it says on there. If I was to put a S65 badge than let the bashing begin.

For the non-haters: Thanks for the great compiments and hope to deal with you guys more often...you guys almost made me forget about all the haters I was dealing with earlier. Keep it up.
Like I said in the "hate" thread, congratulations on two beautiful cars.

All this bull**** "POSER, WANNABE, FAKE" name calling needs to go. This all sprouts from corny *** Honda Ricers putting "type R" emblems on their rice-burning grocery "gutters" and has somehow wrongly seeped its way onto the mercedes community.

I don't see WTF the problem is with an AMG badge on a car that is IN FACT fitted with AMG equipment...I mean heck, the thing is wearing an AMG tuxedo for crying out loud!

Geez people lighten the F-up!

One of our W124 members has one of the HOTTEST W124's I've seen to date, its somewhat stock save for the AMG Gen II front bumper. HE HAS A CARLSSON BADGE BECAUSE HE's ROCKING CARLSSONS 2/6's, GASP! Does that make him a poser? I think NOT...

Type R sticker on an 88 Honda Prelude, flame away. AMG badge on an AMG outfitted Mercedes, I just don't see the problem here...seriously.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by shadowgriffen
Like I said in the "hate" thread, congratulations on two beautiful cars.

I don't see WTF the problem is with an AMG badge on a car that is IN FACT fitted with AMG equipment...I mean heck, the thing is wearing an AMG tuxedo for crying out loud!

Geez people lighten the F-up!
trueeeeeeeeeeee, i mean if it was a regular S550 without the AMG rims or body kit then i would understand all this flaming and HATING etc. But it does, and i dont see a problem with it..
Old 11-30-2006, 11:11 AM

2007 SL550, 2008 S65, Golf cart and a few non-MB vehicles
Just curious, I have seen a lot of cars here namely older SL500/600 (R230) that have been updated with 07/AMG tailamps, front and rear bumper and quad exhaust as well.
Does this make them posers? IMO, I think not. It's their car, they are the ones who own/make payments on it and not us.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by meegle
Just curious, I have seen a lot of cars here namely older SL500/600 (R230) that have been updated with 07/AMG tailamps, front and rear bumper and quad exhaust as well.
Does this make them posers? IMO, I think not. It's their car, they are the ones who own/make payments on it and not us.
niceeee house
Old 11-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Banned

C320
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
When you guys say that your cars have AMG badges all over them 'maybe i will fill it in with sharpie' is not an argument for having a badge on the back. AsianML is right, the badge on the back references engine. Everything else, brakes, rims, etc have badges on them. IMO the AMG on the back is to show that the engine is an AMG. I don't understand why you guys feel the need to throw the AMG badge on the back as you know it is not justification because there are AMG parts on you car. If you see an AMG badge on the back you don't think hey it has AMG rims, you think damn that thing has an engine. Regardless, who cares, if you ask for someones opinion and they give it to you deal with it.

P.S. why not change the 550 to a 65?
Why are you getting involved in this discussion? You dont even drive a Mercedes... I think everyone needs to leave this guy alone. If he likes the badge then let him like it. Everyone else should take satisfaction in knowing the difference and keep it to them selves.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
I don't worry about posers and like terms...it is a personal thing with many MB owners that an AMG badge on a non-AMG car is "bush league" (for those unfamiliar with the term it has no political reference.) I agree with you it is up to the owner to decide what he wants to do with his car. To rant about this badge thing is a little nuts...to express an opinion one way or the other is fine as long as it is civil.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:40 AM

2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
Originally Posted by rpayer
Why are you getting involved in this discussion? You dont even drive a Mercedes... I think everyone needs to leave this guy alone. If he likes the badge then let him like it. Everyone else should take satisfaction in knowing the difference and keep it to them selves.
Just because I don't drive a MB as my car doesn't mean that my parents don't have any (I don't post cars in my sig that aren't mine). If you were to read my thoughts on this subject my first sentiments were, my response that I don't like the badge, and then I gave him CREDIT for having such an awesome car at such a young age. It was when I got attacked, that I got defensive.

P.S. since when was this an MB only forum?
Old 11-30-2006, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
First of all, you have a beautiful ride!!!!

I play golf every weekend and I have a buddy that has the best of the best in golf gear and dresses like he is playing the Masters on Sunday. He looks like a product placement mannequin on the course. He shoots in the 90's but looks good doing it. (It's still funny to see him lose a sleeve of Titliest PROV1 @ $13 a pop before the turn, then giving me $20 bucks after the round with 12 strokes going to him.)

Bottomline, the engine that makes the golf swing and not the ancillary "stuff" has to be there first to be a true pro...not the other way around. The AMG engine has to be there first to truly warrant an AMG badge on the decklid and definately to warrant any V8 and V12 compressor badge.

You don't need an AMG badge to make an otherwise great looking car "look" better IMO...to each his own and peace everybody!

Last edited by AMGfan; 11-30-2006 at 12:13 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Banned

C320
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan

P.S. since when was this an MB only forum?
Well being as how the name is "mbworld" one would think that it would be a site for MB owners to discuss their cars. If I wanted to talk about a Ford I would go to a Ford forum.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Hey this is an open forum. Its not like they are saying give us your VIN number to prove you have a Mercedes, then only can you join. So STFU and stop giving Tuetonic a hard time N00b.

He probably knows more about Mercedes than you know and has contributed to many many more important discussions on this board in a short time.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by reelestates
Alright Guys!!!!! enough is enough!!!! you guys are beating a dead horse!!!

Can we become a productive forum and use our collective energy to figure out how to hack the Command Center and do some real damage??? Like getting TV/Video out of it??? and not that s&^t back up camera rig?? Also, turn off that seatbelt warning alarm that drives me nuts??? Ohh, and maybe lower the car without a module.
1. That **** backup camera rig is the best one on the market right now.
2. STFF or ask your dealer.
3. STFF its been answered already. Airmatic can be lowered without module. ABC cant be lowered without module.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
Whew! This topic is getting very personally. Don't bash me - but here's my take:

When I first started reading my thought was - I guess that makes the 2007 C230 which comes with AMG Brakes, AMG Tail Pipes, AMG Sway Bars, and AMG Body Kit an AMG... wow, never knew you can get an AMG for the low $30K's! I guess my point is, the engine is what counts - that's why on that car (C230) there's a logo on the side that says "Sport", cause it's a Mercedes Sport car, not an AMG.

But as I read snoops posts and others defending it, I realized, yeah, it's your car - you paid $100K's for it, so if you want to put an AMG badge cause you like how it looks, then why not. In the end you shouldn't worry what others think, but what you think. I don't think you're trying to fool people to thinking it's another car, I think you just like the extra logo on the side. I know someone with a new C-Class who put 'Kompressor' on the side panel as it was on the 2002-2005 models (after 2005 they switched to a V6 engine, removing the Supercharged V4, hence no more 'Kompressor'). Now to the average person I guess this meant he had a Supercharged V6 (C32 AMG ), but he wasn't suggesting that, he just like the way it looked.

So while you have a beautiful S550 Sport, not S550 AMG, if you like the way the letter "AMG" look -- then keep it! Maybe you'll get some extra looks from the ladies!

Wow! 21 driving an S550?? I'm 22 driving a C320... I gotta get another job! Just kidding, I'm sure I'll get there eventually.

Tee_Tz.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:46 PM

Very Funny!!! I have been reading and responding to this thread over the past couple of days and I'm driving carpool this morning in my Excursion and to the left of me comes a White S550 with an AMG badge on the lid??? I just laughed out loud and took a pic on my cell phone for you guys. The kids in the truck thought I was nuts.
Attached Thumbnails badgeing ?????=  hate. ??-photo_113006_001.jpg  
Old 11-30-2006, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Very Funny!!! I have been reading and responding to this thread over the past couple of days and I'm driving carpool this morning in my Excursion and to the left of me comes a White S550 with an AMG badge on the lid??? I just laughed out loud and took a pic on my cell phone for you guys. The kids in the truck thought I was nuts.
Sure you didn't PS that shot...:-)) Great ending to a thread...LOL
Old 11-30-2006, 01:52 PM

one more... all things considered it looks pretty good!

BTW- IMO the V12 badging thing is not in the same category as the AMG badge. If you put a V12 badge on your S550 then you got big problems.
Attached Thumbnails badgeing ?????=  hate. ??-photo_113006_007.jpg  
Old 11-30-2006, 01:56 PM

Actually, i think it's a great looking car!!! Badge and all!!! NJ, i think that badge is all you bro!!! PM me your address I'll send you one!!!

Cheers Guys!!
Old 11-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Banned

C320
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
Hey this is an open forum. Its not like they are saying give us your VIN number to prove you have a Mercedes, then only can you join. So STFU and stop giving Tuetonic a hard time N00b.

He probably knows more about Mercedes than you know and has contributed to many many more important discussions on this board in a short time.
Noob? I've been on this forum for quite some time. I generally post about topics related to my car, not everyone else's. Thats why I have 150 posts. I made an exception with this one...

I'm not even going to argue with you... Think what you want Mr Fanatic. I am so sorry I got your panties in a bunch.

I wasn't attacking Tuetonic. I was just curious as to why someone who doesn't even own a Mercedes is giving someone a hard time for putting an AMG badge on his 100k AMG kitted car.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NJ, i think that badge is all you bro!!! PM me your address I'll send you one!!!

Cheers Guys!!
Thanks for the offer but I think I'll wait for the real thing...
Old 11-30-2006, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Thanks for the offer but I think I'll wait for the real thing...
So are you saying you want the S63 now Jack????
Old 11-30-2006, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
So are you saying you want the S63 now Jack????
One never knows, does one...:-)
Old 11-30-2006, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
GASP!

oh no!
Old 11-30-2006, 04:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Noob? I've been on this forum for quite some time. I generally post about topics related to my car, not everyone else's. Thats why I have 150 posts. I made an exception with this one...

I'm not even going to argue with you... Think what you want Mr Fanatic. I am so sorry I got your panties in a bunch.

I wasn't attacking Tuetonic. I was just curious as to why someone who doesn't even own a Mercedes is giving someone a hard time for putting an AMG badge on his 100k AMG kitted car.
Not nearly long enough. When did you even first discover of MBWorld?
Old 11-30-2006, 04:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Silver CLS550, Blk M45, Lexus GX470 & an endless fleet of Avis Premium Rental Cars
We can continue bicker like 7th grade girls or move on

Originally Posted by snoopdizil
All great points. I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but what went on in that thread was just ridiculous...true I don't have the engine but I do have a kit and rims. My rims have a "AMG" stamp on it, from the factory. Should I color it in with a sharpie? How does anyone come out and say I'm a poser when in fact my car has AMG products on it. Im not trying to make it look like anything. It is what it is. S550. Thats what it says on there. If I was to put a S65 badge than let the bashing begin.

For the non-haters: Thanks for the great compiments and hope to deal with you guys more often...you guys almost made me forget about all the haters I was dealing with earlier. Keep it up.
Note the above comment from snoop on 11-28 at approx. 10:17. This is where this conversation should have ended. The rest of this noise is just pointless, so with that being said, I’M CLOSING THIS THREAD j/k

We can continue bicker like 7th grade girls or move on

Let’s try to enjoy ourselves and these high dollar cars that we own!
Old 11-30-2006, 04:27 PM

An Affalterbach Beast & Others
I know it has ady been pointed out, but add another one. I think adding any badge is tacky, yes you paid for the car, but we have people that buy badges and nothing else for their car too, my true AMG's motor came from the AMG plant and only that IMO permits a badge, the AMG badge also (on late model MBs) come with a description of the motor, i.e. 6.3 AMG, V12 biturbo, V8 Kompressor, but sorry, there isn't a matching bade for the motor, of which as Teutonic stated, AMG refers to the motor. S550s don't have that AMG historical lineage connection to a 300 SEL 6.3, which say the S63 shares, but it's all opinion, but I think most have the opinion that AMG has true meaning behind it, of that I agree. Plus, snoopdizle wouldn't enjoy an encounter with my V8 Kompressor AMG!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: badgeing ?????= hate. ??