S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Car waxes: Satin Gloss

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 S550 and 07 GL450
Car waxes: Satin Gloss

I posted this in the detailing section but thought I might get more of a response here:
Anyone ever use Satin Gloss wax??? I hear alot of people using Zaino and Meguliars, however a friend was telling me yesterday about how good Satin Gloss is.... I looked at they're website yesterday to try and do a little research on it and it's sounds pretty good.
http://www.satingloss.com/
Old 01-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Of course the product will sound good when you read stuff on their own website. Never heard of this product before, but then again I'm not a big detailing guy. Any third party testers or articles on this? Certainly sounds interesting.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never heard of Satin Gloss

But check out this website they have many products that have been tested over time. Additionally, if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. A good Carnuba wax, when layered will last several months with proper care.Here is another website that carries detailing products and advice.

Good luck.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any product that "does it all"

Such as cleaning and waxing, etc. is trying to be everything. Correct detailing takes several steps, with the waxing being the final step to protect your paint amd show off your hard work.

The "cleaners" in this product probably hide the swirl marks and do not remove them. So as you wash the car and the Carnuba wax breaks down, the swirl marks reappear.

No matter how you try, most cars will have some swirl marks or surface scratches. I use Menzerna products (IP and FPII) and 3M makes a great swirl mark remover.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Banned

cl500-o5, s500 sedan-o4, new s550 sedan
Talking

let me know if you try this product and it works, very difficult to find the right product, however ask asianml what he waxes his parents cars with, that is probley the best stuff of all .
Old 01-03-2007, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by AsianML
Of course the product will sound good when you read stuff on their own website. Never heard of this product before, but then again I'm not a big detailing guy. Any third party testers or articles on this? Certainly sounds interesting.
Congrats on your new status AsianML...just don't emulate your new forum status...LOL
Old 01-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by sooners
let me know if you try this product and it works, very difficult to find the right product, however ask asianml what he waxes his parents cars with, that is probley the best stuff of all .
Hey, I already said I'm not a big detailing guy. I simply said I've never heard of this before, am interested to know how well it actually works, if there have been any third party "testers" so I can get an unbiased evaluation rather than reading what's on their own site. What's your problem?
Old 01-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Congrats on your new status AsianML...just don't emulate your new forum status...LOL
Thanks, I'll try not to.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Banned

easy lil fella...just wondering what you use on your parents benzes?,after all your too young to drive.And with all your experience i just thought you would know whats best, i guess i was wrong. Now, should i prep myself for the flogging that is about to commence on your behalf from all your loyal followers.?
Old 01-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
easy lil fella...just wondering what you use on your parents benzes?,after all your too young to drive.And with all your experience i just thought you would know whats best, i guess i was wrong. Now, should i prep myself for the flogging that is about to commence on your behalf from all your loyal followers.?
I already admitted in my original post that I'm not a detailing person. That should've been enough for you, but no. I'm also old enough to drive, just not alone. Make yourself look like an *** again if you wish.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Just get the Zaino and be done with it. You won't regret the purchase.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
I already admitted in my original post that I'm not a detailing person. That should've been enough for you, but no. I'm also old enough to drive, just not alone. Make yourself look like an *** again if you wish.
AsianML -
If this guy is messing with you and you want him to stop, please let me know. Although that other thread was moved to Off Topic - I was NOT kidding about the police officers I know. If he is too much for you - I will ask my friends to please give "SOONERS" a call......... I assure u........ they will.

Lemme know bud.
Brad
Old 01-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by Chucky300
AsianML -
If this guy is messing with you and you want him to stop, please let me know. Although that other thread was moved to Off Topic - I was NOT kidding about the police officers I know. If he is too much for you - I will ask my friends to please give "SOONERS" a call......... I assure u........ they will.

Lemme know bud.
Brad

That's quite alright. I'm perfectly capable of handling myself on these forums. I'm not a little kid anymore!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Banned

2014 S550

That's quite alright. I'm perfectly capable of handling myself on these forums. I'm not a little kid anymore!!!
ok. sorry.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Banned

chuck/ brad, whatever your name is, why dont you just pay attention to yourself. i am really tireing of your threats, you have sent me threatening emails to my private account, and continue to try to scare me with your police tactic's.This is a public forum, real policeman are much too busy protecting and serving there communities to be involved in something as minor as this.They must think you are a real ***** to call them on a internet squabble, let them do the jobs they get paid for, and quit wasting there time. There is real crime out there,REAL PEOPLE NEED THERE HELP, and by the way i would love to talk to them and tell them of all your threats, but i will not waste there time. se ya later idiot.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Almost a Member!

Old 01-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Banned

2014 S550
chuck/ brad, whatever your name is, why dont you just pay attention to yourself. i am really tireing of your threats, you have sent me threatening emails to my private account, and continue to try to scare me with your police tactic's.This is a public forum, real policeman are much too busy protecting and serving there communities to be involved in something as minor as this.They must think you are a real ***** to call them on a internet squabble, let them do the jobs they get paid for, and quit wasting there time. There is real crime out there,REAL PEOPLE NEED THERE HELP, and by the way i would love to talk to them and tell them of all your threats, but i will not waste there time. se ya later idiot.
you insinuated that I was sleeping with a 15 yo boy........ freak. Maybe it is your own Inner fears that worry you! DUde, telling you that if you continue to make these obviously disturbing accusations, I would bring the law into it.

If anyone on this forum would choose to back YOU on it - i'd question THEIR inner fears too........... you can say whatever you want. Call me an idiot, call me a dumba$$..... whatever you want buddy........... but - DO NOT cross the line and call me a pedofile, or i really will make sure you regret it... and that is not a threat..........
Old 01-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Banned

seriously you need to shut the h799 up., i am so tired of your threats, they ring on empty ears so you need to stop, they are not accomplishing what you desire, if you continue to berate and antagonize, you will be the one who will regret it, now crawl back in your hole, ..... PS' if i insinuated something, and you drew a conclusion, who's to say you are right, i think you are just way to paronoid, i never said you were a pedofile, i have never seen or met you, you keep bringing it up, and if i were you i would stop doing so, you drew a conclusion to a benign comment, and made with it what you assumed, i cannot stop you from that, i can say, i never ment it the way you took it.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Banned

2014 S550
seriously you need to shut the h799 up., i am so tired of your threats, they ring on empty ears so you need to stop, they are not accomplishing what you desire, if you continue to berate and antagonize, you will be the one who will regret it, now crawl back in your hole, ..... PS' if i insinuated something, and you drew a conclusion, who's to say you are right, i think you are just way to paronoid, i never said you were a pedofile, i have never seen or met you, you keep bringing it up, and if i were you i would stop doing so, you drew a conclusion to a benign comment, and made with it what you assumed, i cannot stop you from that, i can say, i never ment it the way you took it.
ur the biggest @$$ on the forum..........and everyone knows it.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:51 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
All of you guys need to quit it.
This is a forum made for discussion and remotely on-topic discussion as well.
If you cannot keep it Mercedes related, we have an Off Topic Forum available. If you cannot keep it appropriate under the guidelines of the TOU, we have the real world available

This goes for all members, especially sooners, Chucky300, AsianML, and whoever else feels that personal attacks on members is more warranted than telling a moderator about a situation.

Any more disruptions in the W221 forums will results in a 7 day ban.