S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

My Next Lease

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 MB SL550
I also looked at the QP which is a beautiful car. They have added an auto box for 07. I got cold feet after reading the Maserati board. This came from an owner off the board on 06 Mas GS. A bit scary..

*]Transmission functioning extremely erratically on several occasions, where shifts were not going through properly and were delayed by several thousand rpms (so if you initiated a shift at 2k rpm, it wouldn't kick in until 4k or 5k rpm)
*Headlight washer missing (4th episode)
*Both windows squeak terribly when operated
*When opening either door, windows "stick" in rubber tracking at top and create resistance when attempting to pull door open
*Parking light bulb out
*Leak in trunk (right side permanently damp)
*Piping on passenger seat separating from leather facing
*Electric switch on passenger seat is not functioning properly
*Both seats do not return to former position when seat back is pushed forward and returned to upright.
*After about 7 minutes of idling, hear a loud, distinct rattling noise from underneath car in the central/rear portion of body. Had exact same issue with my '04 CC (which was determined by NJ State to be a lemon and was bought back by MNA)
*Passenger seat belt:plastic cover broke off at pillar anchor near head rest area
*Both front floor mats, the anchors have broken and need replacing
Old 02-08-2007, 12:52 PM

'12 ML350
Originally Posted by Jblackbelt
haha i wouldnt say that. it took 4hrs and 10min once to get to work, other times it takes me 2-3hrs. if im lucky i get there in an hour 15. i used to do the manhattan trip so i know what its like.

i know the 90 LS's very well i had a 90 ls, a 92, a 94, which was going to be lemoned but they gave me a 95 instead for free. then in 97 i got a 740il and then i got the first S430 of the new bodystyle to reach the east coast. in 01 i got a 740il 03 745li 06 750li and that leads me to my next car. i ahve a quattroporte dealer by my office and im 30min from my house to the one in edison. but i agree its very tempermental.

xraes thanks for your input, and good luck with your new car. does the 6 really ride like the 7 or S class?
Holy cow...now I understand why you're getting leasing term of ~25,000 miles per year...

And you sound like a real fan of the BMW marque as well, glad to meet another enthusiast.

My folks also once had a '98 E38 740iL, and that was a grrrreat car - in fact, the SWB 740i Sport remains one of my favourite cars, too bad the Bangle design "language" changed all that. They also had a '99 E39 540i Touring with the sports package - another one of my favourite recent BMW designs.

After my VW Corrado, my first BMW was a hand-me-down '88 E24 635CSi from my parents, even though it was an automatic, it was a great driving car and still love the design. Then I got a '95 E34 530i manual, mistake - wayyy too big a car for me at the time. Then the spate of three E36s: a '98 328i and then the '99 M3 and an M Coupe; wish now I'd kept the M Coupe and sold the M3 instead. My wife, who was the girlfriend at the time, also had a '97 328i cabriolet and then a '00 328i - so we were a true blue (and white!) BMW family.

Good luck with your test drives and decision, and be sure to come back and tell us what you choose.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:55 PM

'12 ML350
Originally Posted by Florida Joe
I also looked at the QP which is a beautiful car. They have added an auto box for 07. I got cold feet after reading the Maserati board. This came from an owner off the board on 06 Mas GS. A bit scary..
As a part of my research on the QP, I checked maseratilife.com and some of the comments on the navigation system was just hilarious: most suggesting getting a Garmin or a similar system instead of using it; one especially memorable post said that a compass from Walmart works better than the GPS on board the Maserati. Ouch...
Old 02-08-2007, 03:15 PM

BMW 650i Vert, Lexus RX 400h, Honda Pilot
hahahahahahaha spend 130k on a car and then go by a compass and a garmin nav....thats great....

so what your all telling me is that dont get a maserati.

thx for telling me what p-car is.

also im actually a luxury car enthusiast. i love bmw, i love benz, i love lexus, etc. im been exposed to all of them and i can say what there weaknesses and strengths are. i always love going to get the opinions of others, for cars i haven't tried. here i learned a lot about the quattroporte for example, lol. but its good to know there are bmw fans and mercedes fans out there. i never ever say one is better than the other, becuase each of them has their strengths in my opinon, and they also have their weaknesses.

again thx for everyones help, ill update the thread after test drives and then again after my decision. if you have anything else you guys want to add feel free, ill keep checking it.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:17 PM

2008 S63 w/perf. pack, 2002 Ferrari 360 F1 spider , 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV (my Limo)
Yeah, don't drive crap

Originally Posted by Jblackbelt
as good as of a solution as that is, i dont want a piece of crap to drive,
Sorry, you are right, bad advice on my part. my winter snowy day car is an Escalade ESV 2007, not exactly a piece of crap.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:07 PM

BMW 650i Vert, Lexus RX 400h, Honda Pilot
that is true...i dont exactly want another car. as i said the 2nd one barely gets used, and if i pay for the car it means its out of my pocket, plus the additional i need to pay for the 600, it just doesnt seem worth it. plus it would have to sit outside. thanks anyways though