S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Does this look good as far as options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 11:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 S560; 2021 C300
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
I have the Premium leather and I have stitching on the door, dash and console panels? Production in Feb '06.
Really? You have stiching on the doors other than that on the armrests? What about on the glove-box cover? I only have stitching on the material covering the instrument/COMAND clusters, which I believe to be standard issue. I'm confused, considering I've never seen a full leather interior in the US other than in a Designo or S600... Regardles, I still stand by my opinion that it's worth the upgrade...I just hope I wasn't the victim of some sort of production anomaly!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
I'm leaning towards getting an S600 now and not having to worry about what options I would / wouldn't get... How realistic to get a $2000 a month lease including tax for a 48 month lease with $10,000 down on an S600?
Old 04-23-2007, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrMBenz1
Really? You have stiching on the doors other than that on the armrests? What about on the glove-box cover? I only have stitching on the material covering the instrument/COMAND clusters, which I believe to be standard issue. I'm confused, considering I've never seen a full leather interior in the US other than in a Designo or S600... Regardles, I still stand by my opinion that it's worth the upgrade...I just hope I wasn't the victim of some sort of production anomaly!
My car with premium leather is as you describe. The dash and the area below the wood trim, including glove box cover, are not leather.

In fact the other S550s I've seen with premium leather are the same. The only cars with full leather I've seen personally are the S600 and designo cars.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 S560; 2021 C300
Originally Posted by eddietr
My car with premium leather is as you describe. The dash and the area below the wood trim, including glove box cover, are not leather.

In fact the other S550s I've seen with premium leather are the same. The only cars with full leather I've seen personally are the S600 and designo cars.
Okay, that's what I thought! Although I do wish we could have opted for the full leather interior on the S550...
Old 04-24-2007, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by MrMBenz1
I like eddietr have non-leather dash but the stitching is present. Also below the wood trim and the glove box are not leather. The center console and armrests are the premium leather and both have stitching. Hope that clarifies my response...:-)
Old 04-24-2007, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Local dealer can order a car for me with all the options I want,

Black Opal with black premium leather...

ABC
Pano Roof
premium 2
drive dynamic seats
electronic trunk closer
back up camera
night view assist
rear seat package
rear seat side shades
wood/leather steering wheel

He said order time would be around 3 months, and he would need a $2000 deposit before we can order.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:08 PM

Cool, now make sure you get a PO soon. My ordering saga started the same way with the dealer saying "no problem, we'll just order what you want and it will take 3 months." So he put it into the computer and waited, and waited, and waited for a PO to be assigned and build date to be assigned.

Then we ended up having to cancel that and trade for another production slot and all that.

I'm not saying your dealer doesn't know what he's doing, but just be aware it's not real until you have a PO and a build date. Then you may find out what compromises you need to make.

Best of luck getting this done! Let us know how it goes. That will be a very nice car!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by eddietr
Cool, now make sure you get a PO soon. My ordering saga started the same way with the dealer saying "no problem, we'll just order what you want and it will take 3 months." So he put it into the computer and waited, and waited, and waited for a PO to be assigned and build date to be assigned.

Then we ended up having to cancel that and trade for another production slot and all that.

I'm not saying your dealer doesn't know what he's doing, but just be aware it's not real until you have a PO and a build date. Then you may find out what compromises you need to make.

Best of luck getting this done! Let us know how it goes. That will be a very nice car!
Thanks for the advice!
Old 04-26-2007, 10:26 AM

McLaren 570S, G12 BMW 750Li, GLE63s AMG Coupe
I have electric blinds for rear side windows....i recommend them if you carry passengers who dont like the sun on their faces AND the solar radiation is strong in your part of the world.

Its a nice design, slick, smooth and doesnt diminish the ability to see out but adds a fair bit to your privacy with others trying to see in.

Another option i think was listed above was night view assist. I do a lot of driving on unlit freeway/highway and country roads and i think it is great...u cant naviagte by it but rather glance down at it periodically...rather like with your side mirrors etc....it really has impressive range.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600
Originally Posted by wolverine0723
I'm leaning towards getting an S600 now and not having to worry about what options I would / wouldn't get... How realistic to get a $2000 a month lease including tax for a 48 month lease with $10,000 down on an S600?

After all of the confusion about options, that is what I finally did! Buy an S600 for pete's sake. I know it's more money but heck, you're so close you might as well go for it all. I haven't regretted it one bit. Also, I can't believe I must be the only one reading this thread that has thought about distronic plus. That is my favorite feature on my car and that also comes with an S600.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:28 PM

scared of being stalked
Originally Posted by 06CLK350
Thats a great car. Very similar to mine. I think that premium leather is harder to maintain since it is much softer. Also, the side blinds are incredible. I love that option. What kind of deal are they offering on that car?

you have a veryyyy sick stable of cars buddy, props...
Old 05-13-2007, 02:40 PM

06 612 Scaglietti
Originally Posted by Mrkhan347
you have a veryyyy sick stable of cars buddy, props...
Thank you!