S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Valet Parking - do you trust it?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Velvet Fleetwood
valet

Chucky: If you care so much about your car, let your money speak for you. Just an FYI; front spot is at least $20 and that's depending on where you go and what day of the week it is. These guys are there to make money, and sure if they see a nice car - they expect a good tip. if you don't want a front spot, just tip him $5. I don't think any valet would complain about that. Just the other weekend I paid $80 for a front spot at the Blue Martini in Philly. yes I know that's a little excessive, but there was only one front spot left and I was stuck between an orange gallardo and a white M6. also I was concerned about the valet taking my car out in traffic to god knows where.

I agree with Rpayer, what you did is just silly. just one question. do you use coat check service, and if so how much do you tip. my point is.. if you tip the coat check attendant $2 or $3 for looking after your $300 coat or so. what's stopping you from giving the valet a slightly bigger tip for looking after your $100k car. it's all relative.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
Originally Posted by vb26
Chucky: If you care so much about your car, let your money speak for you. Just an FYI; front spot is at least $20 and that's depending on where you go and what day of the week it is. These guys are there to make money, and sure if they see a nice car - they expect a good tip. if you don't want a front spot, just tip him $5.
I care very much about my car. But - I dont have to PAY a "surcharge tip" to prevent it from getting scratched up, or have the buttons played with, and the seats messed around with. In a latter post of mine, I said I knew someone that was a valet that did bad things...It was also established on this thread that there is no reason one has to overtip to get good service. If the restaurant wants to have Valet - thats their choice. I am very happy to park my car by myself of course.

I have to correct you. Front spot is NOT $20. Front spot is FREE. You can optionally tip them to have the "prestige" of having that front spot. It has the same amount of risk of getting a ding as the spot at the end of the lot. Just because its in direct view everyone - doesnt make it any more safe.

I don't think any valet would complain about that. Just the other weekend I paid $80 for a front spot at the Blue Martini in Philly. yes I know that's a little excessive, but there was only one front spot left and I was stuck between an orange gallardo and a white M6. also I was concerned about the valet taking my car out in traffic to god knows where.
Paying $80 for a front spot at a restaurant?? I wont even say anything. If anyone else on the forum wants to comment, thats their choice. Personally? I would NEVER IN MY RIGHT MIND pay that.

Do you use coat check service, and if so how much do you tip. my point is.. if you tip the coat check attendant $2 or $3 for looking after your $300 coat or so. what's stopping you from giving the valet a slightly bigger tip for looking after your $100k car. it's all relative.
I use a coat check service depending on the situation. If its a really swanky place, then yes, because I dont think it's appropriate to have a jacket hanging off my chair - If its just a regular restaurant, I keep the jacket with me. I tip generally $2.

Again, I give between $5 and $10 to the valet - depending on location, time, and if i happen to know them from repeated visits. I should not / will not pay $20 because someone put my car in a front spot of a restaurant - thats my $.02.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:54 PM

Velvet Fleetwood
you have some valid points.

front spot should not be any different from any other spot in a parking lot. On paper that may be the case, but in reality you have to agree that to have a "prime" spot cost a little extra. You may ask what's considered a prime spot - in my opinion a prime spot is the very first car you see when you come out of whatever establishment. hey to some this is all b.s. to others it actually matters where his/her car is being parked. I'm not saying you don't have any street sense but this is how these guys make $$$. I agree that the valet had no right of telling you what he did, you taking care of him does mean you taking care of him.

as for me paying $80, I know that's crazy and it would probably raise some eye brows, but if 80 means not having my car dinged or being a victim of a joy ride on a saturday night, so be it. Blue Martini is popular lounge in Philly, very crowded and kind of exclussive. so I wasn't about to turn on blinkers in front of the place, make a scene, go find a manager and complain to him that the valets are charging obsurd amount of money in front of all my friends.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Banned

2014 S550
you have some valid points.

front spot should not be any different from any other spot in a parking lot. On paper that may be the case, but in reality you have to agree that to have a "prime" spot cost a little extra. You may ask what's considered a prime spot - in my opinion a prime spot is the very first car you see when you come out of whatever establishment. hey to some this is all b.s. to others it actually matters where his/her car is being parked. I'm not saying you don't have any street sense but this is how these guys make $$$. I agree that the valet had no right of telling you what he did, you taking care of him does mean you taking care of him.

as for me paying $80, I know that's crazy and it would probably raise some eye brows, but if 80 means not having my car dinged or being a victim of a joy ride on a saturday night, so be it. Blue Martini is popular lounge in Philly, very crowded and kind of exclussive. so I wasn't about to turn on blinkers in front of the place, make a scene, go find a manager and complain to him that the valets are charging obsurd amount of money in front of all my friends.

Hi Hi.

Well - I absolutely agree that if the valet puts my car in the first spot - that is an act of a nice gesture. I dont think its a matter of respect, but its a nice gesture on their part. For that, I would give a premium - but not $80. Normally i give $5 - so I figured doubling that to $10. Im not a cheap guy - but im also not one that just throws money out there like you see in those mafia movies, where everyone who is encountered is bunged a $20.

I detested the dudes attitude. In front of other people, he is going to insult me and my supposed "cheap" tip? eeks on that! THAT is not good business. $10 was plenty. After all - its not like he owns that spot. The Restaurant does...Some may argue that it is cars like mine that make the place itself look good. Lets be realistic, if a Ferrari F430 is parked outside a restaurant..... that place looks GREAT!

The fact I took the money back and took the picture was indeed a bad move - and I think it came out of total embarassment and anger. SOmetimes we do things in the heat of the moment. When you are out with your friends, the last think you need is to be embarassed over a stupid *** tip! In hindsight, i'd have told him that I was sorry he felt I was doing him an injustice. But to go and say something worse than that - would without a doubt earn me a ding or scratch the next time I go to that place. I think we can all agree on that.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Banned

2014 S550
So the valet said $80 or get out of here??? I'd have driven away.

Unless you are there for a real reason (ie socializing with clients, trying to network) - there are PLENTY of nice places out there.

NY bar and lounge scenes are SOOOOO competetive.. they better not have **** valet people trying to bilk you out of hard earned money.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:49 PM

Velvet Fleetwood
We had a reserved table there for a b-day party. I would of gladly went to place next door. I was already practically parked in that front spot to get out of the traffic, when the valet came up to me with a not so bright look on his face and basically calling me out. I was parked between a gallardo and an M6, so he looks at both cars insinuating if my car was good enough and like you said, in the heat of the moment I threw some cash at him. hey, a few minutes later it was forgotten after a couple of strong Arnold Palmers. I don't suppose if anyone knows what they are...

But it was nice coming out of there and seeing my car upfront where it belongs. MUUUAAHHA HA HA
Old 06-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Banned

2014 S550
We had a reserved table there for a b-day party. I would of gladly went to place next door. I was already practically parked in that front spot to get out of the traffic, when the valet came up to me with a not so bright look on his face and basically calling me out. I was parked between a gallardo and an M6, so he looks at both cars insinuating if my car was good enough and like you said, in the heat of the moment I threw some cash at him. hey, a few minutes later it was forgotten after a couple of strong Arnold Palmers. I don't suppose if anyone knows what they are...

But it was nice coming out of there and seeing my car upfront where it belongs. MUUUAAHHA HA HA
lol i dont know what that drink is - but id have enjoyed tossing the booze in the valet's face. Who the hell does he think he is to do the "natural selection" process on cars.

What's he driving and what has he accomplished that he feels its his position to judge you? what a peice of **** that is!
If you pulled up in a honda, or a mercedes, if there is a spot in front thats not taken - theres no reason he should say "EWW.. HONDAs..... get the F out of here"
Old 06-25-2007, 04:27 PM
ON PROBATION

My Parents-06s500-just sold,06CLS55-K4,2006 R350

Isnt arnold palmer just a half/half of ice tea lemonade??
Old 06-25-2007, 04:51 PM

Velvet Fleetwood
Originally Posted by gangrun
Isnt arnold palmer just a half/half of ice tea lemonade??
close, and a double shot of goose - at least in my book. lol
Old 06-25-2007, 05:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 S600. 2005 Carrera GT. 2007 Range Rover SC. 2008 BMW X5. 1967 SS Chevelle.
Chucky here in NJ its how the valets make extra money. the owners of the establishments allow them to do it.

I think it really depends on how often you use valet parking since it could get expensive. Someone mentioned they use valet 5 times per week and I can understand a $3.00 tip or so.

But for me, I only use valet maybe once per month and the first thing I ask the valet is where is it going to be parked while I hand him a $20.00 minimum and sometimes a little more depending on how generous I feel that day, nice the valet guy is, and how crowded the place is as well as if there are good upfront spots.

Almost everytime the valet guy will ask if I want to park it myself or let them park it. And this is where the keyless go thing works for me too since I can keep the key while he parks it and then I dont have to wait for my car especially at weddings where the wait can exceed 45 minutes..
Old 06-25-2007, 06:02 PM
QQQ

MY2001 C320
No I DIY unless absolutely have to.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Banned

2014 S550
Originally Posted by cmcjo
Chucky here in NJ its how the valets make extra money. the owners of the establishments allow them to do it.

I think it really depends on how often you use valet parking since it could get expensive. Someone mentioned they use valet 5 times per week and I can understand a $3.00 tip or so.

But for me, I only use valet maybe once per month and the first thing I ask the valet is where is it going to be parked while I hand him a $20.00 minimum and sometimes a little more depending on how generous I feel that day, nice the valet guy is, and how crowded the place is as well as if there are good upfront spots.

Almost everytime the valet guy will ask if I want to park it myself or let them park it. And this is where the keyless go thing works for me too since I can keep the key while he parks it and then I dont have to wait for my car especially at weddings where the wait can exceed 45 minutes..

I must say, $20 is a damn good tip. VERY generous, and it would be wrong of ANYONE to tell you not to do that. Tipping, as I said, is very personal. In my case, I think my $10 tip was suffice, and did not require his attitude. I cant imagine what you'd say if the guy brought back your F360 and said, ALL YOUR GIVING ME IS $20!? (no doubt in his mind, you are considerably wealthy and could drop $100 and not blink an eye)

Its just about being realistic. In ALL honesty... if i tipped a $50... would I have a problem the next day money wise? No. And likely no one on here would. BUT - theres no need to do that. If you are afraid if you "undertip" in their eyes, that your car will come back with a mark or dent or whatever.... isnt that quite sad?

All because they put your car in a decent spot?
Im not arguing with you because If i know a waitor/waitress at a restaurant, i would give them a lot more than 20%... but not because the service was "THAT GOOD" but because i know them and want to help out.

Remember.... the valet is nice to you because he wants your cash, and the opportunity to sit in one of those gorgeous cars of yours....thats just being realistic. If you pulled up in an 87 chevy...i dont think youd get the same "oooo good evening sir, would you like to park yourself sir?.... can i offer you this fine spot sir?

Ill have to ask my father what he tips, but i cant imagine it being more than $10. Theres TRULY no reason to give even that. This restaurant was on Staten Island....... not to knock it, but its NOT manhattan, and shouldnt really command the same prices. Location Location Location. Seafood on S.I is considerably less pricey than if you go to the Water Grill on 34th and 1st.

Like i said earlier, I used to be friends with a peice of **** (god he is such a ****! id luv to post his picture here so u can see his ugly *** face, and his gorgeous girlfriend who is so F***** stupid to stay with a cheating low life loser...... but no hard feelings here ) who worked as a valet, SIMPLY because he wanted to steal and since he didnt have a nice car of his own, he wanted to ruin other peoples cars. ( i did not know he did this till much later) - he would steal the Gas Keys and fill up his car (AND HIS PARENTS CARS!!! Where is the parenting?) - steal your money, ur cds, drive it around town for 20 minutes.. mess up the clutch on manual cars, etc...... all because he was a jealous wannabee. In his case, you could have tipped him $1000, your car was in for a surprise when you sat down to eat.

I am NOT saying (nor have I said) that all Valet's are like this. BUT... would I prefer to park my own car - JUST for the peace of mind? Its worth it to me to spend the extra minute parking it myself.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:23 PM
ON PROBATION

My Parents-06s500-just sold,06CLS55-K4,2006 R350
close, and a double shot of goose - at least in my book. lol
hmmmm that sounds pretty good
Old 06-25-2007, 07:50 PM

2007 S550
Originally Posted by gangrun
hmmmm that sounds pretty good
+1
Old 06-25-2007, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
Who the hell in their right mind pays $80 for someone TO PARK YOUR CAR. Some people are stupid as hell.

$10....$20... is REASONABLE.. but $80 - $100, what the hell are you smoking!?!?
Old 06-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Banned

2014 S550
Originally Posted by wolverine0723
Who the hell in their right mind pays $80 for someone TO PARK YOUR CAR. Some people are stupid as hell.

Hi

I wasnt gonna be mean but - yea, $80 is REALLY not some standard ANYONE should be setting.

The sad part is that if that poster goes back to that philly lounge, that valet boy is gonna expect $80 or more! He has just established "THE STANDARD GOING RATE"

Same deal for ANYONE that tips higher than normal. Its now what you HAVE TO dish out everytime.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:28 PM

2007 S550
IMO, the worst valet punks are the ones who come from rich suburban families. These kids are usually jaded, underachieving college drop-outs living at home. You can spot them because they're the ones standing in front of the restaurant like their you-know-what doesn't stink.

Typically they consider themselves knowledgeable when it comes to cars -- that the main reason they're working as a valet instead of, say, waiting tables or painting houses -- and therefore have very strong opinons about the cars they have to park.

For example, I've seen this type of punk say things like "couldn't afford the sport package?" to a BMW driver or make fun of a Jag for having a plastic plate frame with the name of a local *pre-owned* import dealer. The worst is when you hear one say something about his "dad's car being better." That's the lamest comment in the book. You're a VALET. Get over yourself.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Banned

2014 S550
Originally Posted by R&DJim
IMO, the worst valet punks are the ones who come from rich suburban families. These kids are usually jaded, underachieving college drop-outs living at home. You can spot them because they're the ones standing in front of the restaurant like their you-know-what doesn't stink.

Typically they consider themselves knowledgeable when it comes to cars -- that the main reason they're working as a valet instead of, say, waiting tables or painting houses -- and therefore have very strong opinons about the cars they have to park.

For example, I've seen this type of punk say things like "couldn't afford the sport package?" to a BMW driver or make fun of a Jag for having a plastic plate frame with the name of a local *pre-owned* import dealer. The worst is when you hear one say something about his "dad's car being better." That's the lamest comment in the book. You're a VALET. Get over yourself.
Well - to some degree, I think its honorable that they are out working. You wouldnt believe how many of my friends literally "vacation" everyday because they are in no rush to earn a living on their own. Even if one lives at home, its fine. But - to not do anything to occupy their time besides wake up at noon, lie in bed for another 2 hours playing video games, finally getting out of bed at 2pm, only to find lunch..... and then go back to their bed? Yikes.

So yes - i give em credit if they are in the situation you described (coming from rich suburban families) - as financially, they dont have to work, but they still do so.

HOWEVER... with that said - you are on the money when you say "get over yourself". I too, have personally heard one guy ask a Jag owner.... "didnt want to fork over for the Vandan Plas?" Im like - WHAT THE F was the point of asking that question? SURELY it was to humiliate, or make the driver of that Jag feel like he has been "put in his place".

The PERFECT response to that would have been the extra $10K goes into the tax system to help cover the costs for their sorry asses to get health insurance. I dont even know if thats the case as they probably fall within their families coverages....... but how dare they say something like that. Who exactly do they think they are to ask such a thing.

THOSE particular cases usually involve a wannabee and thats just how we have to accept that. One of my "friends" fathers asked me why I didnt get the S600.... then sneered "Couldnt afford it?" - Meanwhile, he is a deadbeat loser who drinks too much, gambles, is a livery car driver, has 2 kids..... hates his wife...... comes home at 1am... half drunk.... doesnt support anyone... and wanted to do his best to make me feel the same way that valet wanted that jag driver to feel.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:38 AM

Velvet Fleetwood

ok,, what would you have done in my situation. The valet got you by the *****. I assessed the situation and realized that was the most appropriate and classy thing to do without making matters worse. I'm not going to bargain with a valet. this was a unique situation... or would you have rather me take out my cell phone, take his pic, and give him my detectives card??

BTW: my friend tips $100 every time he's at an eagles games, and guess what,, the guys car is literally 15ft from the stadium, not to mention all valets know him by name, and are ready to practically role out the red carpet for him and everyone associated with him.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Banned

2014 S550
ok,, what would you have done in my situation. The valet got you by the *****. I assessed the situation and realized that was the most appropriate and classy thing to do without making matters worse. I'm not going to bargain with a valet. this was a unique situation... or would you have rather me take out my cell phone, take his pic, and give him my detectives card??

BTW: my friend tips $100 every time he's at an eagles games, and guess what,, the guys car is literally 15ft from the stadium, not to mention all valets know him by name, and are ready to practically role out the red carpet for him and everyone associated with him.
Hi Hi,

Dont worry - no one is attacking you...so there is no reason you have to make a nasty comeback to me regarding the cards and cell phone picture - which above, i already said was a stupid idea, and one done out of sheer pure anger at the situation and embarassment this filth caused. Please do not make this into a thread like that, or im not gonna continue.

Wolverine just stated that $80 is a lot for a valet...beyond ANYONE's idea of what is acceptable.

What would I have done? Just parked elsewhere...PLENTY Of spots even in manhattan that I can pick from instead of paying $80 to a valet guy I dont know. He did not have you by your *****...He had you buy your pride/ego. He knew you'd want your car up front with the Lambo and M6. And he was willing to milk you for it... and you accepted it.

As for your friend who tips $100...he is paying for convenience I assume. I can see why you would compare that to Valet parking at a restaurant.... the difference I personally see is that when you go to a ball game, its a BIG possibility that you have to park literally 200 yards away from the entrance...if you have small kids, thats a real pain in the butt. Also - If you plan to buy stuff inside, it is a hassle to bring it back to the car if its that far away. Lastly, if its THAT CLOSE to the door - and your friend is chummy with the valet people... chances of Vandalism are EXTREMELY low, if non existant.

I know plenty of people that had their windows broken to have their stereos stolen at Ball games.

At a restaurant in manhattan, I dont worry about vandalism if i park a block away from the restaurant. I worry more if the valet guy bares ANY resemblance to my former friend I mentioned above.

In any event, just remember what I wrote in paragraph 1. I dont want this to turn into YOU making snide remarks about something I wrote - which was unrelated to you. And just for the record, I made NO ill comment to you about your $80 valet tip - Wolverine was the one who expressed his shock...which to Wolverine's defense... is not unwarranted. I think EVERYONE here, including the Ferrari 360 owner...that to pay $80 to a valet is over the top.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:51 PM

2007 S550
Originally Posted by Chucky300
In any event, just remember what I wrote in paragraph 1. I dont want this to turn into YOU making snide remarks about something I wrote - which was unrelated to you. And just for the record, I made NO ill comment to you about your $80 valet tip - Wolverine was the one who expressed his shock...which to Wolverine's defense... is not unwarranted. I think EVERYONE here, including the Ferrari 360 owner...that to pay $80 to a valet is over the top.
Exactly, it's all relative.
I think we are all mature enough to express our opinions (no matter how obstinate they may be) without attacking other members like a bunch of children.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:57 PM

'07 S550
ok,, what would you have done in my situation. The valet got you by the *****. I assessed the situation and realized that was the most appropriate and classy thing to do without making matters worse. I'm not going to bargain with a valet.
I don't think it's unreasonable to bargain with a valet. When you are paying 4-6 times the amount of an entree (http://www.bleumartinionline.com/bleumartini_fare.asp) for valet parking, you know there is something wrong.

If you sincerely were worried about the valet taking your car out to the street, then why not decline his offer and park the car along the street yourself?

I don't mind spending money if the cost is warranted. And, dropping $80 for a front spot really does not seem warranted under any situation. You did it once - that's ok. But please understand that, given the situation you were confronted with, I don't think you chose the correct, most reasonable option.

I can see someone paying $80 for valet if they wanted to "flex" their financial prowess in front of others, and it appears that this was your intention as evidenced by the following:

If you care so much about your car, let your money speak for you.
But, to be perfectly honest, the people who are truly financially powerful are often very discrete and frugal with their money, and I'll use an individual I know as an example.

This individual commands liquid assets upwards of $50 million, yet it's not unreasonable to find him at at a discount store if he can shave even $2 off the merchandise he is interested in purchasing. He'd rather buy a used CD for $11 than a brand new one for $12, despite the negative stigma that often comes with owning used products. But, to him, there's no valuable difference between a used CD and a new one.

Granted, that may be a little excessive, but his strong sense of frugality, in my opinion, is far more classy and sophisticated than unnecessarily wasting one's money.

As far as valet parking goes - the most I've ever seen him pay is $15, and that was only because the valet was the son of a friend of his.

Chucky - regarding your skirmish with a corrupt valet:

The fact I took the money back and took the picture was indeed a bad move - and I think it came out of total embarassment and anger.
I don't think taking the money back was a bad move at all. If a valet is not appreciative of the tip he receives, then I feel that he does not deserve the tip. You made the correct move.

Last edited by MaxB; 06-26-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Banned

2014 S550
Originally Posted by MaxB
I don't think it's unreasonable to bargain with a valet. When you are paying 4-6 times the amount of an entree (http://www.bleumartinionline.com/bleumartini_fare.asp) for valet parking, you know there is something wrong.

If you sincerely were worried about the valet taking your car out to the street, then why not decline his offer and park the car along the street yourself?

I don't mind spending money if the cost is warranted. And, dropping $80 for a front spot really does not seem warranted under any situation. You did it once - that's ok. But please understand that, given the situation you were confronted with, I don't think you chose the correct, most reasonable option.

I can see someone paying $80 for valet if they wanted to "flex" their financial prowess in front of others, and it appears that this was your intention as evidenced by the following:

But, to be perfectly honest, the people who are truly financially powerful are often very discrete and frugal with their money, and I'll use an individual I know as an example.

This individual commands liquid assets upwards of $50 million, yet it's not unreasonable to find him at at a discount store if he can shave even $2 off the merchandise he is interested in purchasing. He'd rather buy a used CD for $11 than a brand new one for $12, despite the negative stigma that often comes with owning used products. But, to him, there's no valuable difference between a used CD and a new one.

Granted, that may be a little excessive, but his strong sense of frugality, in my opinion, is far more classy and sophisticated than unnecessarily wasting one's money.

As far as valet parking goes - the most I've ever seen him pay is $15, and that was only because the valet was the son of a friend of his.

Chucky - regarding your skirmish with a corrupt valet:

I don't think taking the money back was a bad move at all. If a valet is not appreciative of the tip he receives, then I feel that he does not deserve the tip. You made the correct move.
Everything you said above is true. Where have you been!?!?! We needed you here way back when this thread was started and turned into a bash fest.

I agree completely about the class factor of throwing money around like its water (which is only done to show people how you dont care about wasting due to vast reserves) vs. being more sensible.

God... everything you said was right on the money. I believe the $80 was given PARTLY because he was put in a corner, and PARTLY because he wanted to look the part (even if he is wealthy as hell, splashing money like that is "playing a part"). I'd be willing to bet, that docker/payless shoe wearing Bill Gates doesnt give $20 tips to someone that parks his Lexus at a local restaurant. Thats all this place was....a LOCAL restaurant i went to. Not the four seasons..... not Old Homestead..... a fish place on Staten Island..... $20 for a spot? THATS A FRICKEN JOKE! And to have that obviously angry and unappreciative valet person to tell me I was being cheap? OF COURSE im gonna react in anger, if not anger, SHEER embarassment from him saying that in front of my friends.

Anyway, as much as I felt that valet of mine was corrupt - i think snapping his picture and threatening him if he did anything to my car was childish - and again, was done in the heat of the moment. Hey - some people will pull out a gun and shoot someone "in the heat of the moment" - i took a picture. Something to beat the **** out of me over? nah. In the big picture, the valet was wrong, and I reacted out of anger. Was I bluffing? No. If i had gone back to that restaurant to find a new door ding (id have purposely checked the car b4 parking it) ... id know VERY WELL it was done by a disgrunteled valet - and thats just not acceptable. I would call the police right away to take a police report so it would documented. And , in this case, id call the police I know so that there will be no mistakes.

$15 is a VERY generous tip for a Valet.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
I wasnt trying to attack anyone but $80 for someone to park your car? Come on..
Old 06-27-2007, 12:41 AM

2007 E350 Sport Obsidian Black & 2005 Cadillac Escalade
I wasnt trying to attack anyone but $80 for someone to park your car? Come on..
I completely agree!!! If this is what some valet people are making, I'm in the wrong business. It's simply parking a car. I would refuse to pay it & would refuse to give the establishment my business. The valet is representing the establishment & shame on the establishment for allowing it. I don't care how much money anyone is worth. It's just not a smart financial move for anyone in my opinion. It's kind of like trying to buy a friend. If I even think someone might do harm to my personal car, I sure as hell won't let them near it. I'll continue parking it myself & walking the extra steps. I need the exercise & peace of mind knowing exactly where my car is. Just my friendly $.02 (btw, is there a cents sign on the keyboard)???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Valet Parking - do you trust it?