S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

What color package is this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
What color package is this?

I almost want to say it's part of Graphite but I'm not sure.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:22 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks like the designo graphite edition with the Corteccia grey interior.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Thanks, it looks great!!

Are there different versions of Graphite going around? They seem to change the interior color options on Graphite a lot.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63 AMG
Wow! That really does looks great. I like the 'piano' interior, but if you can't keep the white clean, this is my second favorite. Really nice/seems rare - first time seeing it.

Tee_Tz.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
I wish we could get the granite interior trim like they do over in Europe. ****ing MBUSA needs to learn that people want things other than boring wood in the car.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:42 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The center console in granite costs about $4000. The full interior granite trim costs nearly $15.000. Is this something people would be interested in? I can see why MBUSA might skip this.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
It costs that much in Europe. You can't convert the prices directly. We in the USA have always had options to be much cheaper than the rest of the world.

Besides, why can't MBUSA realize that certain individuals don't mind splurging for a finer material or something different than wood. I love Mercedes Benz, but I despise MBUSA for their arrogance, and ignorance towards customers requests, trends, etc...

Anyone agree with me? I mean why can I not get the GL550 with Distronic or ADSII, yet the GL450 can, and other parts in this world can get the GL550 with ADSII and Distronic? Why can we not get the automatic folding mirrors, reverse tilt down mirrors, etc... on the E class, yet other parts of the world can?
Old 08-04-2007, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
It costs that much in Europe. You can't convert the prices directly. We in the USA have always had options to be much cheaper than the rest of the world.

Besides, why can't MBUSA realize that certain individuals don't mind splurging for a finer material or something different than wood. I love Mercedes Benz, but I despise MBUSA for their arrogance, and ignorance towards customers requests, trends, etc...

Anyone agree with me? I mean why can I not get the GL550 with Distronic or ADSII, yet the GL450 can, and other parts in this world can get the GL550 with ADSII and Distronic? Why can we not get the automatic folding mirrors, reverse tilt down mirrors, etc... on the E class, yet other parts of the world can?
1.cos you get your cars dirt cheap compared to other countries. And yes some ppl are willing to pay more, but MB worry about ....
2.journalists/publishers who will publish the most astronomically specced GL. And chase away potential customers to its rivals, so blame motor trend for publishing base price 50k/price as tested 90k stunts which may be true but misleading.

not defending MBUSA by the way, just trying to answer your question.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:06 AM

back to the topic
I dont think thats designo, as it does'nt have the pastry looking stitching they decided to add as accents on the doors. But I could be wrong.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
Originally Posted by silberrosa
The center console in granite costs about $4000. The full interior granite trim costs nearly $15.000. Is this something people would be interested in? I can see why MBUSA might skip this.
I wouldnt pay a dime over $14,999.90
Old 08-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63

I'm with you. Most of the GL forum is with you too. :rofl:
Old 08-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by kidd-paul
back to the topic
I dont think thats designo, as it does'nt have the pastry looking stitching they decided to add as accents on the doors. But I could be wrong.
This is an '07. Did they have the fancy stitching in designo packages then?
Old 08-04-2007, 12:48 PM

Mercedes S-Class (W221) AMG

I agree, over here you can have anything you want through the dealer as long as produced by Mercedes. The designo option list is so extensive that it matches in variety the stock one and you can mix and match Designo options with regular as you wish. To be honest, sometimes it feels like a disadvantage as it might take you weeks to finally decide what to get.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by AsianML
This is an '07. Did they have the fancy stitching in designo packages then?
the designo trim that has a black dash and black doors etc has normal stitch as above. Not sure if its still available. I attached a picture of a designo door to show what i suggested is missing from the graphite 221 pic (beige bit below the wood).
Attached Thumbnails What color package is this?-1a376a82.jpg  

Last edited by kidd-paul; 08-04-2007 at 02:17 PM.