S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SUV Dented My Door Grrrrrr

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 S550
Thumbs down SUV Dented My Door Grrrrrr

Okay so i just came back from the grocery store. Of course i park far away but when i come back this huge Lincoln Navigator is parked to the right of me. The ******* dented my right front passenger door. i waited around for a good 15 minutes hoping this person would come out so I could get their insurance information. But after 15 min I said scrue it and I took off...was that the wrong thing to do? By looking at their car it seems Im not the first car they dented, it was full of scratches and dents. Im sure dent wizard can pop it out for 150 or so but Im just upset that this is what society has come to...even if I did wait Im sure the lady would deny doing it anyway
Old 12-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by trumpet1
It amazes my how stupid people are. This ****ole goes to the trouble to park way away from the store to hit YOUR car. I would have gotten the license plate and pressed charges. Did you have your mobile phone camera or any other camera handy???? This bull**it has got to stop. I called the police the last time this happened to me and filed a report . It paid off.
^^^ +1

You should have taken a few pics, even if it's with a cell phone. Take the plate number, time of day, etc...
Old 12-01-2007, 05:42 PM

08 S550
Ya i debated calling the police but you have to look at an angle to see the dent...I didnt feel like explaining it to the cops and them saying "what damage we dont see anything " I also got the car tinted yesterday so i cant roll down the fronts. The fronts have dark tint on them which is illegal in cali, another reason i didnt want to call the cops lol

PS my wife got mad at me for obsessing over the dent...shes all its just a car its part of life move on! Grrr women

Last edited by good96; 12-01-2007 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 S600. 2005 Carrera GT. 2007 Range Rover SC. 2008 BMW X5. 1967 SS Chevelle.
You can always rip there side mirror off. That helps some people feel better
Old 12-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 ML-350 and 2007 ML-350
Most of the damage I've had to my MBs over the years happened in grocery parking lots. I've not had any damage the past few years since parking close to the entrance of the store. These cowards do their damage when they think no one is watching.........
Old 12-01-2007, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
man you should have taken down the plate number and reported it.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 coupe , NOt THE AVATAR!!
if 15mins didn't show up, key their car
Old 12-02-2007, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 245 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Don't have a position on men versus women or bi versus gay on denting doors, but I also got one at our office parking lot some time ago (so far not on the W221, better knock on wood). The place should be mostly highly educated people but obviously at least not all

At malls and similar I've always parked at the most distant place, it is really annoying if then someone with no respect comes next to you and makes a dent.

In the office parking lot I've learned to know car owners who do care about their cars, you can see how they park one side to a wall or so, saving at least the other side, and when at the last square, not parking in the middle but as far as possible from the square for the next car. Now if I don't find a place with one door towards a wall, I park next to one of these cars, and towards their side of my square because I know they would not dent my car. They either hate me leaving less space on their side, or they understand it knowing I would not dent their car (actually no one exiting/entering from their side).

Many say "it is just a car", even on this thread. Yes it is, nothing like some person getting injured in a car accident but as long as it is completely avoidable, I really cannot have the "take it easy" attitude.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 ML 350, 2009 Smart Passion, 2004 Audi TT Quattro
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
Don't have a position on men versus women or bi versus gay on denting doors, but I also got one at our office parking lot some time ago (so far not on the W221, better knock on wood). The place should be mostly highly educated people but obviously at least not all

At malls and similar I've always parked at the most distant place, it is really annoying if then someone with no respect comes next to you and makes a dent.

In the office parking lot I've learned to know car owners who do care about their cars, you can see how they park one side to a wall or so, saving at least the other side, and when at the last square, not parking in the middle but as far as possible from the square for the next car. Now if I don't find a place with one door towards a wall, I park next to one of these cars, and towards their side of my square because I know they would not dent my car. They either hate me leaving less space on their side, or they understand it knowing I would not dent their car (actually no one exiting/entering from their side).

Many say "it is just a car", even on this thread. Yes it is, nothing like some person getting injured in a car accident but as long as it is completely avoidable, I really cannot have the "take it easy" attitude.

People actually wait around for someone to come by and ask for insurance information. If someone did that to me, I would be like if you can afford to pay for that car you can afford to get the dent/scratch off of it. Because how can I guarantee it was me who did it. My suv has tons of little dents/chips from others. I’m not going to trace back to every person that has ever hit my car, family members included, and force them to pay. Really think it was that car, open the door wide and dent it back.

Oh and the chick comment, not needed thanks!
Old 12-02-2007, 08:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600
Originally Posted by sblime2js
People actually wait around for someone to come by and ask for insurance information. If someone did that to me, I would be like if you can afford to pay for that car you can afford to get the dent/scratch off of it. Because how can I guarantee it was me who did it. My suv has tons of little dents/chips from others. I’m not going to trace back to every person that has ever hit my car, family members included, and force them to pay. Really think it was that car, open the door wide and dent it back.

I apologize for making my comment about women. That was out of line as well. I should have stayed quiet about my thoughts on that.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by trumpet1
I apologize for making my comment about women. That was out of line as well. I should have stayed quiet about my thoughts on that.
No Problem!!

I do have to mention though, I have been rear ended three times. (Two seriously, one a slight fender bender in heavy shore traffic) Two out of the three times a guy was behind the wheel. Granted they were both young and so not paying attention, but they were guys none the less.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
No Problem!!

I do have to mention though, I have been rear ended three times. (Two seriously, one a slight fender bender in heavy shore traffic) Two out of the three times a guy was behind the wheel. Granted they were both young and so not paying attention, but they were guys none the less.
Cell phones are the biggest problem these days. It's the equivalent to driving drunk.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:06 PM

2005 S55

Sorry but have to chime in .. IMO you are the one who is out of line in their comments. According to your statement, since I (or anyone else) can afford a nice car you are not liable for your own actions when damaging it? For many of us who do obsess over our cars, we know what damage we don't have, and when someone like you parks next to us and clearly damages it YOU SHOULD PAY.

The way you make your statement would get you into a shouting match or in court if it were me .. to damage my car then have the audacity to act high and mighty when I wait for you to come out and recompense me for it? "If someone did that to me, I would be like if you can afford to pay for that car you can afford to get the dent/scratch off of it." .. You just have some nerve making a statement like that.

I guess that since you can afford the car you drive, if you damage my car, I can beat the crap out of yours .. and if you have the nerve to call me on it .. I'll just tell you "if you can afford the car you're driving, you can afford to fix it" .. in your world I'd be in the right.

I'm glad we don't live in your world.

Sorry for the rant, but statements like this and people like that tick me off, and sorry someone dented your car man, that sucks & it sucks that this person probably does this a lot. Just because you don't value the condition of your possessions doesn't mean you can de-value mine!!
Old 12-04-2007, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by shaw01
Sorry but have to chime in .. IMO you are the one who is out of line in their comments. According to your statement, since I (or anyone else) can afford a nice car you are not liable for your own actions when damaging it? For many of us who do obsess over our cars, we know what damage we don't have, and when someone like you parks next to us and clearly damages it YOU SHOULD PAY.

The way you make your statement would get you into a shouting match or in court if it were me .. to damage my car then have the audacity to act high and mighty when I wait for you to come out and recompense me for it? "If someone did that to me, I would be like if you can afford to pay for that car you can afford to get the dent/scratch off of it." .. You just have some nerve making a statement like that.

I guess that since you can afford the car you drive, if you damage my car, I can beat the crap out of yours .. and if you have the nerve to call me on it .. I'll just tell you "if you can afford the car you're driving, you can afford to fix it" .. in your world I'd be in the right.

I'm glad we don't live in your world.

Sorry for the rant, but statements like this and people like that tick me off, and sorry someone dented your car man, that sucks & it sucks that this person probably does this a lot. Just because you don't value the condition of your possessions doesn't mean you can de-value mine!!

If you are so a**l about your car, then why drive something so nice in public places. Pull a Jay Leno or some other rich star and show case your car at home and bring the junker to the super market so us women don't hit your vehicle.

And what I am saying is that how can you prove it was me. Every night before you go to bed do you perform a front to rear check on your car. Do you have a diagram printed up to help you make sure ever inch of your car is inspected to your specifications? Unless you have proof that I did it, how do I know you aren't some d**k having a bad day and want someone to blame it on.

And if a rock, stick or any other object gets kicked up and hits your car while you are driving, do you send the city a bill?
Old 12-04-2007, 03:07 PM

2005 S55
If you are so a**l about your car, then why drive something so nice in public places. Pull a Jay Leno or some other rich star and show case your car at home and bring the junker to the super market so us women don't hit your vehicle.

And what I am saying is that how can you prove it was me. Every night before you go to bed do you perform a front to rear check on your car. Do you have a diagram printed up to help you make sure ever inch of your car is inspected to your specifications? Unless you have proof that I did it, how do I know you aren't some d**k having a bad day and want someone to blame it on.

And if a rock, stick or any other object gets kicked up and hits your car while you are driving, do you send the city a bill?
Yeah, for someone complaining about the chick comment earlier you're the only one bringing up sex now. I don't care if you're a girl, woman, man or cross between them all .. you have no respect for others possessions and that's what's bul.lsh.it.

I'm sure you think OJ was innocent, the Holocaust was faked and the Menedez brothers had nothing to do with their parents murder .. but it's very simple for those of us with some sense of reality to see where your car parked right next to ours .. opens directly into the dent that was not there before.

So yeah, you'd get an earful and then, cause you're a jerk I'd make a report and make your irresponsible *** pay for the damage (I'm betting based on your comments you've done this before .. only someone that screwed up would be defending damaging cars and crying "you can't prove it") .. and you would lose in court, and I would laugh as I cashed your check and used it for a nice detail on my car.

You think the "you can't prove I did it" defense holds up? Just a sign of youthful ignorance. A couple of pictures with the cars parked right there is all it would take .. I'd gladly go through the trouble for someone like you who honestly thinks it's OK to disrespect and damage someone else's property because you have no respect for your own.

What you'll find one day is that you'll slam your door into the wrong persons car .. and instead of waiting for you they'll totally trash yours. And you'll be mad, and come on this forum about how someone just trashed your daddy's S550 .. and then maybe you'll get it.

Maybe yes, maybe no .. but screwing up other peoples property because you don't care isn't cool .. no matter who you are.

Last edited by shaw01; 12-04-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by shaw01
Yeah, for someone complaining about the chick comment earlier you're the only one bringing up sex now. I don't care if you're a girl, woman, man or cross between them all .. you have no respect for others possessions and that's what's bul.lsh.it.

I'm sure you think OJ was innocent, the Holocaust was faked and the Menedez brothers had nothing to do with their parents murder .. but it's very simple for those of us with some sense of reality to see where your car parked right next to ours .. opens directly into the dent that was not there before.

So yeah, you'd get an earful and then, cause you're a jerk I'd make a report and make your irresponsible *** pay for the damage (I'm betting based on your comments you've done this before .. only someone that screwed up would be defending damaging cars and crying "you can't prove it") .. and you would lose in court, and I would laugh as I cashed your check and used it for a nice detail on my car.

You think the "you can't prove I did it" defense holds up? Just a sign of youthful ignorance. A couple of pictures with the cars parked right there is all it would take .. I'd gladly go through the trouble for someone like you who honestly thinks it's OK to disrespect and damage someone else's property because you have no respect for your own.

What you'll find one day is that you'll slam your door into the wrong persons car .. and instead of waiting for you they'll totally trash yours. And you'll be mad, and come on this forum about how someone just trashed your daddy's S550 .. and then maybe you'll get it.

Maybe yes, maybe no .. but screwing up other peoples property because you don't care isn't cool .. no matter who you are.
A few people who had already posted on this topic blamed women for this I only assumed you were part of that crowd.

And my family had given so much money to Bush you think we were family. And it continues with Guiliani. And OJ was way guilty. But look who assumes now.

I don't hit someones car or at least try not to. I do not park next to expensive cars and think "yes i'll get this one and he/she will never know." I have great respect for other people's cars but sometimes a dig happens. And like I said before I have them all over my 3 and a half year old car. But I can't get all pissy every time someone hits my car.

And when I drive daddy's s550 I make sure to take up four parking spots as per his rule. I get a ticket for that, I pass it along to him. But then again I wouldn't take a $90,000 car to the mall but hey that's just me.

But I'll make sure not to park next to an S550 next time, wouldn't want the driver to assume a driver of a silly american SUV bumped his/her car on purpose or anything.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:07 PM

08 S550
A few people who had already posted on this topic blamed women for this I only assumed you were part of that crowd.

And my family had given so much money to Bush you think we were family. And it continues with Guiliani. And OJ was way guilty. But look who assumes now.

I don't hit someones car or at least try not to. I do not park next to expensive cars and think "yes i'll get this one and he/she will never know." I have great respect for other people's cars but sometimes a dig happens. And like I said before I have them all over my 3 and a half year old car. But I can't get all pissy every time someone hits my car.

And when I drive daddy's s550 I make sure to take up four parking spots as per his rule. I get a ticket for that, I pass it along to him. But then again I wouldn't take a $90,000 car to the mall but hey that's just me.

But I'll make sure not to park next to an S550 next time, wouldn't want the driver to assume a driver of a silly american SUV bumped his/her car on purpose or anything.
Wow you really are dumb as s hit
Old 12-04-2007, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
More butter please!

Last edited by trumpet1; 12-05-2007 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by good96
Wow you really are dumb as s hit
I write all of that and your respone was "wow you really are dumb as s**t."

Its a shame you couldn't come up with something better than that.

Deal with the ding buddy.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 245 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
I'm lost with the arguing but I don't see the point if someone does not care about getting dings on his car, why should that mean others would not need to care, or even everybody allowed to destroy others' property (not that big thing but where do you want to draw the line).

I'm perfectly fine if someone accepts dents on his car. Why not respect the opposite opinion equally, it does not ask a lot, just being a bit careful when opening doors?

If the one who doesn't own a car suggests others who do own the car, should accept dings, I somehow interpret this person is one of those who do it almost on purpose, I also have a view why but leave that unwritten.

Last edited by Diesel Benz; 12-05-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
I'm lost with the arguing but I don't see the point if someone does not care about getting dings on his car, why should that mean others would not need to care, or even everybody allowed to destroy others' property (not that big thing but where do you want to draw the line).

I'm perfectly fine if someone accepts dents on his car. Why not respect the opposite opinion equally, it does not ask a lot, just being a bit careful when opening doors?

If the one who doesn't own a car suggests others who do own the car, should accept dings, I somehow interpret this person is one of those who do it almost on purpose, I also have a view why but leave that unwritten.

I understand what you are saying. Even the parts you are not trying to say but hint at it. All I was saying was that it happens. It s**cks. Come on here and go ahead and complain about it. Hell if it makes you feel better (not saying you but in general) get the person's plates of who you think did it so we all know not to park next to that person. But unless you park in four or five lots from where everyone else is and then someone parks next to you and dings your car, it could have been anyone. Not trying to argue anymore. I have tried to leave the sarcasm out of my post too. That's just my opinion. Thanks for reading....
Old 12-05-2007, 11:41 AM

08 S550
I write all of that and your respone was "wow you really are dumb as s**t."

Its a shame you couldn't come up with something better than that.

Deal with the ding buddy.
dont worry i dealt with it...100 bucks later and its not there. at least i can pay for it MYSELF and not go beg daddy for 100 bucks like you would have to do
Old 12-05-2007, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
Originally Posted by good96
dont worry i dealt with it...100 bucks later and its not there. at least i can pay for it MYSELF and not go beg daddy for 100 bucks like you would have to do
Since I'm through eating my popcorn, let me ask you:
How old are you??? For a newbie, you sure are acting like a troll.

Also,

Last edited by trumpet1; 12-05-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Can we all just hug each other and forget about it? I get dibs on her first.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
Originally Posted by AsianML
Can we all just hug each other and forget about it? I get dibs on her first.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SUV Dented My Door Grrrrrr