S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Auxillary Audio and Video inputs 2007 S600??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auxillary Audio and Video inputs 2007 S600??

I have a 2007 S600 and just picked up the 2008 S550. The 550 has the AV inputs in the glove box and plays DVD, but my S600 doesn't. Is it possible to get the inputs (factory parts) and upgrade the firmware on the nav system to have them work? I would also like to get the Video in motion working on both cars, but I just want it to work, I don't want to have to push steering wheel buttons to activate... Does this ** http://www.diagsoft.de/pageeng.php?page=produkteng3 ** work on the US model?

Cheers!!
Old 01-03-2008, 05:07 AM
XJ9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Originally Posted by lushtech
I have a 2007 S600 and just picked up the 2008 S550. The 550 has the AV inputs in the glove box and plays DVD, but my S600 doesn't. Is it possible to get the inputs (factory parts) and upgrade the firmware on the nav system to have them work? I would also like to get the Video in motion working on both cars, but I just want it to work, I don't want to have to push steering wheel buttons to activate... Does this ** http://www.diagsoft.de/pageeng.php?page=produkteng3 ** work on the US model?

Cheers!!

the tv-free device only works for european models. You need an actual VIM module that hooks in line between the command and the rest of the vehicle. check out nav-tv for the vim module or midcityengineering.com for the VIM module as well as the retrofit audio/video jack kit.

The navtv piece only works when you hit the steering buttons. The midcity guys have custom programmed modules for customers that asked. Ill bet if you call them and ask for an VIM module that automatically turns on they can do it for you (They did something similar for a C-class owner that asked)
Old 01-03-2008, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
Originally Posted by XJ9
the tv-free device only works for european models. You need an actual VIM module that hooks in line between the command and the rest of the vehicle. check out nav-tv for the vim module or midcityengineering.com for the VIM module as well as the retrofit audio/video jack kit.

The navtv piece only works when you hit the steering buttons. The midcity guys have custom programmed modules for customers that asked. Ill bet if you call them and ask for an VIM module that automatically turns on they can do it for you (They did something similar for a C-class owner that asked)
I have done several VIM's for both C and S, and the S requires no buttons. Further the interfaced the audio in with vehicles equipped with iPod, The NavTv variant piece that I used requires no user interaction besides selecting video on the screen