S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Date display

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06' E500 Estate, '08 S65, '05 S430
Date display

Is there any way to view the date in the S class command or instrument cluster?
Old 01-12-2008, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600
Not that I'm aware of. However, it does require setting the date in the vehicle system settings page on the COMAND system. I'm sure this is important to set in order for the navigation system and the clock to work properly due to time zones and other specifics. Now what is strange to me is why does it give options as to how that data is entered (MM/YY/DD or DD/YY/MM or YY/DD/MM). Why should that be optional and important if you are never going to see it? Also, why does it ask which format the time should be entered: 24H versus standard format (AM/PM)?? Why would this matter if you're never going to see it?

The only thing I see is an analog clock in the middle of the console area.

Great question BTW.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06' E500 Estate, '08 S65, '05 S430
Originally Posted by trumpet1
Not that I'm aware of. However, it does require setting the date in the vehicle system settings page on the COMAND system. I'm sure this is important to set in order for the navigation system and the clock to work properly due to time zones and other specifics. Now what is strange to me is why does it give options as to how that data is entered (MM/YY/DD or DD/YY/MM or YY/DD/MM). Why should that be optional and important if you are never going to see it? Also, why does it ask which format the time should be entered: 24H versus standard format (AM/PM)?? Why would this matter if you're never going to see it?

The only thing I see is an analog clock in the middle of the console area.

Great question BTW.
That is the oddity for me as well. All this infrastructure to put the info in, nothing to display. Really odd.