S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Help on S Class Order Issue...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550
Help on S Class Order Issue...

Ok, so I just placed an order for an S Class on the 3rd of March. I didn't sign anything, but I did put down a couple grand for a deposit by check. Since then i just got an offer for the same car but got a better deal. What are my options now? Can I take this deal to my former dealer and ask for a price match? Can I still get my deposit back? Where do I stand? Like I said earlier, I have not signed anything. This car hasn't even been made yet, but it will ship from germany 3rd week of march...won't arrive till end of april. Its a standard s550 4matic, so its not special order or anything. thanks for any help.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by BlackMamba24
Ok, so I just placed an order for an S Class on the 3rd of March. I didn't sign anything, but I did put down a couple grand for a deposit by check. Since then i just got an offer for the same car but got a better deal. What are my options now? Can I take this deal to my former dealer and ask for a price match? Can I still get my deposit back? Where do I stand? Like I said earlier, I have not signed anything. This car hasn't even been made yet, but it will ship from germany 3rd week of march...won't arrive till end of april. Its a standard s550 4matic, so its not special order or anything. thanks for any help.
Why did u have to order this car? There are tons in inventory! The dealers are begging to give these car away!
Old 03-07-2008, 09:02 PM

S550
^^^i had to order because of the color and options i wanted...i didn't want any options i wasn't going to use and based on the color and options i wanted there were only two coming in from germany that weren't allocated to any dealers that was already made...none at any dealers around the nation...also, one of the two that were arriving was to my exact specifications, but ended getting sold (apparently)...but now im having doubts about that and im going to look into if that car was actually sold or not...anyways, thats why i had to order...the dealer had a certain allotment of s classes coming in and some were still changeable based on their incoming inventory list, so i was able to change the colors and options of one that was apparently alloted to them...

Does anyone have any ideas as to what my options are at this point? Can i get my deposit back if the dealer doesn't want to match the price i am getting? thanks
Old 03-07-2008, 11:01 PM

2020 GTR Roadster, 2020 GT63S
If you have not signed anything, I can not imagine that you would not be able to get your money back. Worst case, you can probably put a "stop payment" on the check.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:14 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 White/brown Nappa S550, '13 S550 4 matic, 11 S550 sold, '10 S550 Sports BLACK 08 S550 P3 sport
Originally Posted by gellie
Why did u have to order this car? There are tons in inventory! The dealers are begging to give these car away!

so how many did u pick up
Old 03-08-2008, 12:18 AM

2015 White/brown Nappa S550, '13 S550 4 matic, 11 S550 sold, '10 S550 Sports BLACK 08 S550 P3 sport
i had placed an order too and had charged 2000 on the card. i made sure with the sales guy that the money would be refundable and he assured me that it was, since nothing was signed yet. they take the money so they can order the car 4 u. iam sure they will match the deal if not just get your money back. legally they cannot refuse to give u the deposit back.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:56 PM

S550
Hey guys, thanks for the responses. How do you think I should go about getting the price match...what should be my way of approach on this? I don't want to create an arguement where the deposit becomes an issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 03-08-2008, 04:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 E 350, 2012 GLK 350, 2012 C300 4matic
Hey guys, thanks for the responses. How do you think I should go about getting the price match...what should be my way of approach on this? I don't want to create an arguement where the deposit becomes an issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Is this with a dealer you've done business with before ? I'd be honest - tell them you got this better offer but you'd rather deal with them - see what they say - they should match if not they should refund without question.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:12 PM

S550
^^^Hey, thanks for the reply...I have done business with the dealer before, but not this particular sales person. He was recommended to me by a close friend who told me that he would give me the best deal. Turns out he didn't. I guess the only reason im a bit unsure about this whole situation is because they changed the color/option on a car that was pre-ordered by MB to be allocated to this dealership for my specifications. I don't have any feeling of guilt or anything, i just don't want them to try to pull something like, since i changed the color/options on a car that now i have to take it.

Dealerships always will do whatever they can to lock someone into a deal. Granted i haven't signed anything, but obviously there was a verbal negotiation about the car. He gave me a pink copy of the purchase order, but again, nothing was signed by me. I gave him a check for 2 grand for a deposit and he made a copy of the check and gave me the copy for my records. That was it.

I just want to know if they can legally decide not to give my deposit back. Obviously it would not be good for business for them to do this, especially since the car isn't even made yet, but either way...

Honestly, i just want them to price match and everything would be fine...obviously i haven't talked to them yet, but i will on monday.

Since its on the pink sheet and whatever, is that price locked now, or can all of that be changed (price and all that)...i didn't sign it or anything. Im just a bit ignorant when it comes to this type of thing as to what is binding and what isn't...thanks for the help.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:55 PM

^^^Hey, thanks for the reply...I have done business with the dealer before, but not this particular sales person. He was recommended to me by a close friend who told me that he would give me the best deal. Turns out he didn't. I guess the only reason im a bit unsure about this whole situation is because they changed the color/option on a car that was pre-ordered by MB to be allocated to this dealership for my specifications. I don't have any feeling of guilt or anything, i just don't want them to try to pull something like, since i changed the color/options on a car that now i have to take it.

Dealerships always will do whatever they can to lock someone into a deal. Granted i haven't signed anything, but obviously there was a verbal negotiation about the car. He gave me a pink copy of the purchase order, but again, nothing was signed by me. I gave him a check for 2 grand for a deposit and he made a copy of the check and gave me the copy for my records. That was it.

I just want to know if they can legally decide not to give my deposit back. Obviously it would not be good for business for them to do this, especially since the car isn't even made yet, but either way...

Honestly, i just want them to price match and everything would be fine...obviously i haven't talked to them yet, but i will on monday.

Since its on the pink sheet and whatever, is that price locked now, or can all of that be changed (price and all that)...i didn't sign it or anything. Im just a bit ignorant when it comes to this type of thing as to what is binding and what isn't...thanks for the help.

as long as u did not sign anything at the business office, u r ok.