S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Help with figuring out some options on my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with figuring out some options on my car

Hi guys, I'm looking at purchasing this 2007 S550 and am trying to determine a couple things I was hoping you experts could help me figure out.

1. The car has parktronic - does that come with the rearview camera that shows you where you are backing up to?

2. I was told by mercedes if the car has parktronic that that only comes in premium package II. In premium package II, keyless go is also included. Mercedes told me that they can only see for certain that the car has parktronic and they do not believe it has keyless go. Does anyone know if it was possible to get parktronic and not get keyless go or do they both come together?

3. I've included the 2 pics I have of the car....I know they're not very good but it's all I have to go by and I noticed the car has chrome tipped dual exhaust on the rear. It doesn't look like it has the AMG package because of the wheels, rear bumper, etc... Do you think that is factory or aftermarket? Mercedes didn't show the sport package on the car.

Thanks for the help guys!
Attached Thumbnails Help with figuring out some options on my car-1.jpg   Help with figuring out some options on my car-2.jpg  
Old 12-13-2008, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600
I would almost bet the tailpipes are aftermarket. As far as the questions about partktronic, I can't help you there, as I finally gave up on the cherry picking of options and packages and went all the way with an automatically loaded S600.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 S500 & 2011 Mini JCW
After market pipes, this car does not have the AMG package.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,439 Likes on 3,153 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by chrome1wave
Hi guys, I'm looking at purchasing this 2007 S550
PM the VIN and your email address and I will send a MB datacard listing all equipment, initial delivery, etc. In addition, have the dealer check VMI (vehicle master inquiry) to see if there are any outstanding recalls or service campaigns and confirm maintenance done.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Almost a Member!

Sent, thanks!
Old 12-15-2008, 03:12 PM

'07 S550w/AMG AndGryw/prem.grey leath4matic Night Vision Distronic ,08 ML 350, YUKON XL,'71 ChevPU
Smile aftermaket additions

Hi guys, I'm looking at purchasing this 2007 S550 and am trying to determine a couple things I was hoping you experts could help me figure out.

1. The car has parktronic - does that come with the rearview camera that shows you where you are backing up to?

2. I was told by mercedes if the car has parktronic that that only comes in premium package II. In premium package II, keyless go is also included. Mercedes told me that they can only see for certain that the car has parktronic and they do not believe it has keyless go. Does anyone know if it was possible to get parktronic and not get keyless go or do they both come together?

3. I've included the 2 pics I have of the car....I know they're not very good but it's all I have to go by and I noticed the car has chrome tipped dual exhaust on the rear. It doesn't look like it has the AMG package because of the wheels, rear bumper, etc... Do you think that is factory or aftermarket? Mercedes didn't show the sport package on the car.

This is not an AMG packaged car. The exhaust tips are not the AMG type. They look like the ones on my '71 Chevy. They are round and not rectangular in shape as on an AMG. The side moldings and front grill are also not AMG. Parktronic does not have a rear camera included. It is extra and in fact you may have trouble getting one as I did because they didn't have enough when I ordered.
Is this a new car or one that has been moditfied by a third party? Some red flags here.
Good luck.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:18 PM

'07 S550w/AMG AndGryw/prem.grey leath4matic Night Vision Distronic ,08 ML 350, YUKON XL,'71 ChevPU
Smile Sat. radio antena????

Something else I noticed after I sent the pervious post. The trunk appears to have an antena on it like the old sat. radio antena's of a couple of years ago. I thought they quit using them and had the antena included elsewhere and not obvious. This is another red flag to me. I could be way off base as I haven't really looked at cars closely but it is my recollection this is something not done anymore.

Trending Topics

Old 12-15-2008, 03:27 PM

2011 BMW X5d, 2011 Nissan Leaf and Kubota L39 Tractor!
I believe some early 2007 cars had the sat radio receiver puck on the trunk. The first ones actually had a shark fin on the trunk. Not sure when in 2007 they integrated the entire functionality into the single receiver on the roof near the rear window.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1963 220Sb
Originally Posted by nkole
I believe some early 2007 cars had the sat radio receiver puck on the trunk. The first ones actually had a shark fin on the trunk. Not sure when in 2007 they integrated the entire functionality into the single receiver on the roof near the rear window.
You're right, the early batch of '07s had dual antennas one on the trunk and on the roof....
Old 12-15-2008, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by valiumvilla
This is not an AMG packaged car. The exhaust tips are not the AMG type. They look like the ones on my '71 Chevy. They are round and not rectangular in shape as on an AMG. The side moldings and front grill are also not AMG. Parktronic does not have a rear camera included. It is extra and in fact you may have trouble getting one as I did because they didn't have enough when I ordered.
Is this a new car or one that has been moditfied by a third party? Some red flags here.
Good luck.
It appears that this is a standard 2007 S550 with aftermarket exhaust tips on it. Other than that I do not see anything out of the ordinary and likewise see no red flags.