S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

I'm 19 and and getting a s550...feedback please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by Name Brand
Akademiks-

Hook me up with a detail on discount. I'm a local young mbz driver as well
Where are you located? And what kind of detail do you want?
Old 04-02-2009, 07:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by Akademiks
Where are you located? And what kind of detail do you want?
I'm located in the Playa Del Rey/Marina Del Rey area. I'm not really familiar with what your services entail, but I would like to find out more. Shoot me a PM if you can. Where are you located?
Old 04-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Banned

SL600
PM sent
Old 04-02-2009, 10:13 PM

Jag XKR
Originally Posted by AustinGuy
Yeah, but this guy takes the cake. You don't even know whether he's referring to you or himself. It's almost like he just learned to speak English.

But he does know how to spell/use the word F_U_C_K
"Austin guy I am purchasing you a MBWORLD police badge. You are a degenerate. Beating up on the kid for no reason who cares if he's buying this or that or just imagining, fantasizing who cares its the internet. You aren't picking up the payment so why do you care. Maybe he just wants to talk to people about this car. You drive an S63 and sit on this website monitoring grammer. Who are you? Just a hater. For everyone else who took out there calculators get a life..."

Have to agree with some statements here

Austin frankly you criticize his post for no reason whatsoever. If you cant understand what the hell he's saying, then frankly you are retarded. The fact that he does not use perfect grammar is not a prerequisite, nor something to point out, on an online forum. You can perfectly well understand what he is saying, so your comments are basically useless. Go enjoy the S63 instead of policing grammar, fact is nobody is going to take your advice ;P
Old 04-03-2009, 12:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'09 S63 AMG
Looks like "benzino good / mr. benzino" went out on the internet and posted an ad to get some of his hoodlum cronies to come over here and start some sort of street fight.

Kind 'a strange that all of a sudden morrons like hdtv22, brianC330, MR888, jturkel, nychokeplaya35, etc. with 12, & 60 post counts who are "C Class owners" (and who have no business being on an S-Class forum) are all of a sudden crawling out of the wood work and spewing vile all over....... Kind of odd I must say

Seriously, who are these pubescents? Where did they come from? I feel yucky just being on this thread, let alone responding to it. Yikes.

More perplexing is how come the mods have not locked this thread and allowed it to carry on?

Last edited by AustinGuy; 04-03-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:14 AM

Jag XKR
Looks like "benzino good / mr. benzino" went out on the internet and posted an ad to get some of his hoodlum cronies to come over here and start some sort of street fight.

Kind 'a strange that all of a sudden morrons like hdtv22, brianC330, MR888, jturkel, nychokeplaya35, etc. with 12, & 60 post counts who are "C Class owners" (and who have no business being on an S-Class forum) are all of a sudden crawling out of the wood work and spewing vile all over....... Kind of odd I must say

Seriously, who are these pubescents? Where did they come from? I feel yucky just being on this thread, let alone responding to it. Yikes.

More perplexing is how come the mods have not locked this thread and allowed it to carry on?
I mean clearly you and your superior grammar skills can read what I own in the left, but I guess I'm a C-Class owner! Maybe it was because I didn't include an "and" between each car I own in my description! Unfortunate really, now nobody will understand what I'm trying to say.

All jokes aside, Benz/Benzino Good/Mr Benz made this thread to seek feedback about getting an S550 when he was 19 -- Then, out of nowhere, you post grammar critiques -- I'm not his "hoodlum crony", but come on, your posts about grammar are 100% useless and they should not be welcome when the guy is just trying to see what car he should go for. Useless posts that agitate people = people write stuff without pay.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:38 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
15' W222
The sheer ignorant arrogance has again reared it's ugly head here in the w221 thread. AustinGuy, can I ask why "hoodlum cronies" comes to mind when you think of young MB owners?
Some people suck the fun right out being an MB owner that wants to share experiences with other owners.
Sure I understand that no one enjoys seeing someone experience what you have worked so hard for, and waited so long to achieve with minimal effort. I'm starting to think that people view professional athletes, entertainers, young adults etc who drive fine expensive automobiles like the "Scholarship Kids" at Ivy League schools.
Who cares, how someone gets what they have, they are on par with you for at least one reason alone and that is you both have the same taste in automobiles whether you raided your 401k to get yours, and the other guy's parents wrote a check.
.......honestly You come off very arrogant, resentful, condescending, and now a little ignorant with you latest montage of insults.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
I think AustinGuy, in addition to myself, simply hate people who lie on the internet, and from what I've seen, that encompasses a lot of our young friends in this thread.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by Oliverk
I think AustinGuy, in addition to myself, simply hate people who lie on the internet, and from what I've seen, that encompasses a lot of our young friends in this thread.
Well said, Oliver. It's the lying that gets us...and the poor written English.

I've got no problemo with a kid whose parents money bought their car, so long as they are mature enough to not boast about it and will drive it in a safe and responsible manner.

last year I bought my 17yr old a new Mini. i don't think this made her a spoiled brat, just wanted to give her a safe and dependable car. I was lucky enough to get a brand new Ford truck from my folks when I got my license (20+yrs ago, sadly) and drove it for 8 years and 200,000miles. Sure I may have looked spoiled but it's the man not the car...
Old 04-03-2009, 01:01 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
15' W222
No one likes a liar, especially a liar over the internet. But unless you can prove it then let him hang himself. Why spend time and effort trying to calculate someone else's finance's. (hell i amazed how I pull off my finances sometimes..lol) Someones grammatical ability doesn't dictate whether or not they can buy a car or not.
I just hate to see folks get all riled up over non-sense.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:20 PM

2016 GL63 & 2008 S550
Originally Posted by trudawg
Someones grammatical ability doesn't dictate whether or not they can buy a car or not.
That is true; however, it's very hard to take someone seriously when one must read their posts 5 times over, in order to understand what they're trying to say.

My point is: First impressions are important. Given that we only have the text in a post to go by, it's important to present oneself in a manner which people can easily understand.

For many of us, poor grammar and punctuation = poor impression.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Banned

SL600
Oh spare us the theatrics
Old 04-03-2009, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Oh spare us the theatrics
calm down Mr. Business owner.

Im amazed you didn't drive a Phantom when you were 14
Old 04-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Banned

SL600
calm down Mr. Business owner.

Im amazed you didn't drive a Phantom when you were 14
Jealousy is such a delicate thing.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
jealousy of what?

I don't particularly like the R230 or the E55.

What would I be jealous of?
Old 04-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Banned

SL600
"Jealousy of what?"

It's not your fault.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'09 S63 AMG
hdtv22 & trudawg,

As hard as it might be for you'll to comprehend this, I am not in awe, jealousy or envy (of any sort) of some 19/20 yr. old pubescent getting handed by their parents or purchasing with their own $$ an S Class. I have NEVER made any comment about one's ability (or inability) to purchase an S Class - because it's really of no consequence. None whatsoever. In fact, more power to them! But as Oliverk and others have mentioned, it's the impression of someone trolling or simply messing around on this forum and wasting our time that riles us. So........ in my defense of that argument, I give you:

Exhibit A: The first post - the one that started this thread.

Originally Posted by Benzino Good
I know im young but i love this car so much. not a brand new one either just a used 07 s550 sports package 30000 miles on it or something for around 55k. I just wanted to know is it bad? is not for me? am i TO young? i would split the payments with my parents and help pay it off if i finance it? just wanted to know what people think of young kids in luxury cars such as the S550
It's a little mind boggling to think that someone would start a sentence with "I know im young..". Well, we don't know you're young and we don't really care, but right off it looks like someone messing around. Then we have the brilliant "...just wanted to know what people think of young kids in luxury cars.." Hello! What kind of impression is that going to create?

So, then I respond with:

Exhibit B:

Hhhmmmmmmm, so we have "Benzino Good" starting this thread and then "mr. benzino" starting this one: https://mbworld.org/forums/new-s-cla...re-prices.html

Both can't figure out how to use punctuation in the English language and seem to have the same grammar challenges stringing together a coherent set of sentences.

I can't seem to understand why people waste their and other people's time playing childish games...... on an internet board to boot -- when you're anonymous anyway.
While I'll admit that the response was a little harsh; when taken within context of the number of trolls on here recently and the other "benzino" thread about S63 prices, it's quite appropriate especially when reading seemingly incoherrent babble like: "I just wanted to know is it bad? is not for me? am i TO young? i would split the payments with my parents ". Seriously, how can anyone take this stuff with anything more than a grain of salt?

Last edited by AustinGuy; 04-03-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
I haven't got anything of relevance to say and have no argument whatsoever, so I will harp on typos made by someone who is trying to squeeze a couple minutes of mbworld into his busy workday.
Thought so.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:13 AM

CLS55

C class honestly I own half a million worth of cars your a hater it shows by your derogative posts.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 E 350 4matic wagon; '05 E 500 4matic sedan; '09 S550 4matic
It's not a big deal and the question could have been well meaning but these type posts often come across like someone who says 'hey, I really need some advice, I was out at a club and Cameron Diaz asked me out and I'm already dating Jen. Do you guys think there's anything wrong with a HS kid dating two older starlets at the same time?"
Old 04-04-2009, 07:46 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by mbnj
It's not a big deal and the question could have been well meaning but these type posts often come across like someone who says 'hey, I really need some advice, I was out at a club and Cameron Diaz asked me out and I'm already dating Jen. Do you guys think there's anything wrong with a HS kid dating two older starlets at the same time?"