S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

New Jaguar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 01:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 SL500/2006 Porsche Cayenne S Titanium
This could be solved with 2 pictures, one of your S600 and two of your wife's girly car... Come on what do you have to lose and besides, you'll get everyone off your back. Well maybe...
Old 08-01-2009, 03:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600
Originally Posted by cjf_moraga
Wow... I have been away for a few months and on my first revisit to my favorite car forum... well it never used to be this entertaining!

Chris
Hey Chris,
Welcome back. Somehow talking about the new Jaguar caused a Tazmanian devil to stroll up. Apparently the new Jag wasn't interesting enough as I was hoping for. It's a good thing I didn't bring up the topic of the new Nissan 370Z.
Good to see you back with us. We're just having fun around here.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
I'll say that I REALLY like the interior of the new jag, but the outside is a bit disturbing, especially 'round the back.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e280 (w124)
Jags

Jags were always fast, good looking cars but with dreadful build quality. They tended to put first class leather and timber trimmings then skimp on the metal in the mechanicals. The were always meant to appeal tothe aspiring British middle classes, hence the emphasis on appearance. But build quality for most British cars was dreadful, even before British Leyland.

As for Tata? Who knows. Lotus was taken over by a korean company and the build quality actually improved.

Joe
Old 08-01-2009, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
late model jags have actually shown to be pretty reliable.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 983 Likes on 719 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by trumpet1
I have an S700
That's good. It's like straight out of spinal tap where the guy says that his guitar amp is better because it goes to 11.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
Who would like to see a discussion about Jaaags at Top Gear, check the latest one. You can download it here: http://www.finalgear.com/news/2009/0...now-available/

Also, in this episode, you can see Jag XFR vs. BMW M5.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:45 PM

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
2013 SL 550 (Previously 2012 Porsche Panamera Turbo-S, 2015 Tesla P85D, 2007 S600, 2005 E55 AMG)
Hey Chris,
Welcome back. Somehow talking about the new Jaguar caused a Tazmanian devil to stroll up. Apparently the new Jag wasn't interesting enough as I was hoping for. It's a good thing I didn't bring up the topic of the new Nissan 370Z.
Good to see you back with us. We're just having fun around here.

(Thanks! Getting back on track about Jag's...)

That is a really gorgeous interior... For me, Jaguar is the only other manufacturer besides Mercedes (and perhaps Aston) that can really do "elegance" properly... the Wikipedia definition nails it perfectly for me...

"Elegance is the attribute of being unusually effective and simple. It is frequently used as a standard of tastefulness, particularly in the areas of visual design and decoration. Elegant things exhibit refined grace and dignified propriety. Some westerners associate elegance with simplicity and consistency of design, focusing on the main or basic features of an object, its dignified gracefulness, or restrained beauty of style."

This car has it by the bucket load.. (As does our S600!)

Chris
Old 08-01-2009, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600

That is a really gorgeous interior... For me, Jaguar is the only other manufacturer besides Mercedes (and perhaps Aston) that can really do "elegance" properly... the Wikipedia definition nails it perfectly for me...

"Elegance is the attribute of being unusually effective and simple. It is frequently used as a standard of tastefulness, particularly in the areas of visual design and decoration. Elegant things exhibit refined grace and dignified propriety. Some westerners associate elegance with simplicity and consistency of design, focusing on the main or basic features of an object, its dignified gracefulness, or restrained beauty of style."

Chris
Not that I would buy one, but I do want to see one of these in the flesh as those pictures of the interior look stretched out , making the dash look artificially deep.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:24 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
W222 S63 AMG
Originally Posted by Oliverk
late model jags have actually shown to be pretty reliable.
LOL.

You must have missed my earlier post in this thread ...

https://mbworld.org/forums/3642370-post11.html
Old 08-02-2009, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
Originally Posted by Armadillo888
Who would like to see a discussion about Jaaags at Top Gear, check the latest one. You can download it here: http://www.finalgear.com/news/2009/0...now-available/

Also, in this episode, you can see Jag XFR vs. BMW M5.
Sorry, I just stared at the gorgeous girl and got no further with that link
Old 08-02-2009, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by Mandingo
LOL.

You must have missed my earlier post in this thread ...

https://mbworld.org/forums/3642370-post11.html
anecdotal evidence is rarely very useful. You had a lemon, happens to every brand.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:01 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
W222 S63 AMG
Originally Posted by Oliverk
anecdotal evidence is rarely very useful. You had a lemon, happens to every brand.
Yeah, you're right - I only bought one, worked with the dealer and Jaguar HQ in the UK confirming the design issues over 4 months, collaborated online with all the other XF-SC owners with exactly the same issues.

Jaguar Initial Quality Plunges - JDPOWER

Hey, I bet you can get a great deal right now on an XF, let us all know how that works out for you.

Remember: "Past performance is no predictor of future potential".

Oh wait ...
Old 08-02-2009, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
I have no interest in an XF and regardless, this thread isn't about the XF, its about an XJ.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
Originally Posted by Mandingo
Yeah, you're right - I only bought one, worked with the dealer and Jaguar HQ in the UK confirming the design issues over 4 months, collaborated online with all the other XF-SC owners with exactly the same issues.

Jaguar Initial Quality Plunges - JDPOWER

Hey, I bet you can get a great deal right now on an XF, let us all know how that works out for you.

Remember: "Past performance is no predictor of future potential".

Oh wait ...
On that graph, I'm shocked at how Cadillac was on top of MB and Honda , and how BMW and Acura were below the average.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:51 PM

2006 R500 Obs black. Keyless, comfort, trim, lighting, AMG sport, premium and rr seat ent. packages
Twice I rented (Hertz Prestige line) a base XJ8 a few years ago, once in when I was in L.A. in the summer and once in Boston in the winter.....and loved it. Solid, good handling, nice speed. I would be curious to test drive the new one. My understanding is that its the same designer of the XF who Jag got from Aston Martin. I am in the market for a new car and went to Collier Jag of Orlando last week and I was really disappointed to pull on the door handle of an 09 XJ and to see it was plastic that went into the door as the mechanism. Dont see that lasting long. Really was quite the turn off.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
Originally Posted by Rturn
Twice I rented (Hertz Prestige line) a base XJ8 a few years ago, once in when I was in L.A. in the summer and once in Boston in the winter.....and loved it. Solid, good handling, nice speed. I would be curious to test drive the new one. My understanding is that its the same designer of the XF who Jag got from Aston Martin. I am in the market for a new car and went to Collier Jag of Orlando last week and I was really disappointed to pull on the door handle of an 09 XJ and to see it was plastic that went into the door as the mechanism. Dont see that lasting long. Really was quite the turn off.
That's why I'd like to know who is building this new model and where? Was the cheap crap you described a Ford trait? and is Tata a better , more responsible and detailed oriented manufacturer? How does the transition from one company get carried over to the other manufacturer?
Tata will have an uphill battle to overcome the past mistakes of Jag, but it can be done. Look what happened when MB dumped Chrysler to the side.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:32 AM

2005 Range Rover HSE, 2008 BMW M3 Cab d/c, 2010 GL550 (wifes), 1993 Porsche 928GTS 32kmi garage quee
Being Tata has absolutely no experience in the luxury market it will be interesting how fast they loose the all the Ford part bins and who will supply. If the new strategy is in house in England what will happen to quality?

All I know is what I see and have read on the XF and now on this one, things are looking up for Jag. Maybe they can get closer to the hall mark leader brand... MB.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:42 PM

Mercedes-Benz S600
Originally Posted by sako97
Alright I tried to hold my words, but I can't no longer.

1.) If you really owned an S600 you wouldn't be here trolling about how the S600 is better than everything else. These silly names your making up for all the members seriously shows your immaturity. S & CL drivers typically very mature people. So the chances of you owning a S600 is next to none.

2.) Back in page 2 you said you were supposedly getting your S65 in October, now one page later you are saying your getting the S65 in September.

3.) I find it amusing that most of the people you are insulting already have S & CL (If your smart enough you would know that the CL is the 2 door version of the S-Class) 600s.

4.) If you really had an S600, I don't think you would be responding to everybody's posts, you would be busy landlording your properties.

When I come to MBworld (rarely) I usually come straight to the W221 section because it's arguably the most mature section on this site (no offense), but people like you are just going to end up ruining the the maturity of this section. So can you at least have the audacity to stop acting like a d**k, at first was pretty funny now its just getting out of control.

P.S, I thought pedophiles drove black vans. & It's summer, the youngsters are on vacation so it's trolling season.

You probably best keeping words to yourself next time. If you really owned CL65 you would have - forgive my English - better logic?

1. Mature people don't say this "P.S, I thought pedophiles drove black vans. & It's summer, the youngsters are on vacation so it's trolling season."

2. If you were smart enough you would know September and October are seperated by 11:59PM on September 30th and 12:00AM October 1st. In fact, the two months are seperated by 1 second of time. Forgive me if I moved my purchase date to earlier time.

3. If you were smart enough you will see I am saying s600 and not simply s class or cl. 600, 63 and 65 being the point of the numbers.

4. I love to teach little girls about the world. There is something called Property Management Company. They collect my rents with the exception of 2 places for 4.5% of my rent roll. More time for me and S600s.

and I think you should come to this forum even more rarely.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:45 PM

Mercedes-Benz S600
lol! We'll be anxiously waiting. Be sure to show us your chest hair!

I look forward.

Will you send out picture of you blowing someones trumpet?
Old 08-03-2009, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
Originally Posted by vonbeeler
Being Tata has absolutely no experience in the luxury market it will be interesting how fast they loose the all the Ford part bins and who will supply. If the new strategy is in house in England what will happen to quality?

All I know is what I see and have read on the XF and now on this one, things are looking up for Jag. Maybe they can get closer to the hall mark leader brand... MB.
The thing nowadays is you just don't know , and can't figure out, who owns and manufactures what cars anymore. A total loss of identity. I hope MB doesn't violate the bedroom with too many other manufacturers in the future. I know times are tough in the economy, but I don't like seeing the car companies prostituting themselves out.

It's already bad enough they keep copying each other. That is one thing MB is slowly becoming more and more guilty of. They copied the I-drive control knob (which I'm now somewhat used to) , the on- the- column gear shifter (which I hate), and the Bangle butt rear end of BMW (which looks fine to me). I've gotten used to it finally but now that BMW has put the gear selector back in the center console (which I love), it won't surprise me if MB follows suit (hopefully).
But of all things, stay true to your roots and upbringing MB!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:22 PM

Mercedes-Benz S600
Great post. However, I take this guys posts, divide them by 10, take the square root of that, then cut that in half....that's all he's worth. He doesn't own a Mercedes, much less a 600. I bet he is stuck driving a 1984 VW diesel Rabbit with a GLI sport package and hopes to be able to conjure up enough money to get a new set of chrome wheels for it. ....that's all. Jealousy is a strong emotion !!!

You're correct. Jealousy is a strong emotion. Can you tell me what its like when you get your lips off your partners trumpet?
Old 08-03-2009, 08:24 PM

Mercedes-Benz S600
Originally Posted by garybc230
This could be solved with 2 pictures, one of your S600 and two of your wife's girly car... Come on what do you have to lose and besides, you'll get everyone off your back. Well maybe...

You will get 3 pictures. Nobody here has what it takes to get on my back so don't worry about that.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:44 PM

Mercedes-Benz S600

Chris

Its nice to see there is another man amongst the ladies.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
Originally Posted by OnlyMercedes600
You will get 3 pictures. .
Why is it taking you so long to get the pictures? Having to spend a lot of time at a MB dealership test driving a 600 somewhere so that you can get a picture of you standing next to it? (You're making this too damn easy)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Jaguar