S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

How much can I sell my 09 S600 for?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
Originally Posted by hayden
Yes, it will include the modified Active Body Control (ABC) suspension with crosswind stabilization.

Also will include, as standard:

Driver Assistance Package
Rear Seat Entertainment Package
Modified Night View Assist PLUS with Pedestrian Detection
These are good options to have but being you I'd wait a while and keep the current S600.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:21 AM

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
2013 SL 550 (Previously 2012 Porsche Panamera Turbo-S, 2015 Tesla P85D, 2007 S600, 2005 E55 AMG)
Originally Posted by MBZFAN55
I have been watching you rationalize how you are going to keep your S600 "forever", and laughing to myself that an MB aficionado like yourself can only resist new model temptation, so long. I am glad I was here tonight to see the next "crack in the dam" as you continue the process of talking yourself into your next S-Class. Let us know what the numbers look like, as I am sure many others are right behind you. ( I just got a brake job ($$$$) on my CL63 today, so you may want to reconsider that S65 ! )
No crack here. I can see absolutely no rational or sane justification for purchasing a 2010 car (or any other w221) if you have already sunk money into the existing model. The only new S-Class that interests me is the next model (W222?) in 2012/2013, (Especially with that new V12 that MB has now confirmed WILL be put into production) and even then I will not buy any earlier than the second model year. Really, how much better can the current generation model get! Being an MB aficionado also means being informed and aware of the product life cycle.

I timed my purchase and associated 7 year extended warranty to cover an entire model cycle and purchasing in that scenario makes much more sense - especially if (as is my case) you can completely pay off the vehicle and you have no loan/interest payments. Leasing makes no sense over an extended period, especially if you have no business justification that qualifies for tax advantages. (Not everyone uses their car for business)

Chris
Old 08-06-2009, 05:42 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
O/T, but the W221's final production MY will be 2013 correct?

On Topic, I'd keep the car, unless you do indeed need to have the newest thing on the block, or more importantly, all the latest tech gadgets (which still aren't different enough to consider the price difference in what you'll be paying), aside from that, most "normal" people probably couldn't tell a difference.

The tricky part is, if you do want to go through with it, act NOW, as once the '10's come out, you'll see a depreciation hit.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600
Originally Posted by K-A
O/T, but the W221's final production MY will be 2013 correct?

On Topic, I'd keep the car, unless you do indeed need to have the newest thing on the block, or more importantly, all the latest tech gadgets (which still aren't different enough to consider the price difference in what you'll be paying), aside from that, most "normal" people probably couldn't tell a difference.

The tricky part is, if you do want to go through with it, act NOW, as once the '10's come out, you'll see a depreciation hit.
It's probably already too late to avoid the hit. Trading cars to get the latest/greatest is really a dumb thing to do. It's like paying $60,000 (3 Honda Civics) to get $6,000 worth of extra goodies that will probably only get used while showing someone its function.
And to top of it off, I don't see where the refresh is any prettier than the original.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:02 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by trumpet1
It's probably already too late to avoid the hit. Trading cars to get the latest/greatest is really a dumb thing to do. It's like paying $60,000 (3 Honda Civics) to get $6,000 worth of extra goodies that will probably only get used while showing someone its function.
And to top of it off, I don't see where the refresh is any prettier than the original.
Agreed agreed. Thank goodness for me my "car enthusiasm" has nothing to do with what's latest or trendy, etc. It's gotta be nicer to me, to my taste in judging cars, of course taking technology (to an extent), reliability, Safety, Warranty, etc. into account.

Yeah, I don't think, from what I've seen, that's in any way prettier than the original, just a tiny bit different. I will say, the only area of it that is a MUST to me, as funny as it sounds, is the extra wooden piece in the lower center console, IMO the OG always needed some wood there. Everything else is just minor preference. I will say, thumbs down to M-B for using the angular corporate (all models practically use the exact same mirrors now) rear-view door mirrors, they don't match the lines of the car as well as the classier, rounder originals, IMO.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Range Rover HSE, 2008 BMW M3 Cab d/c, 2010 GL550 (wifes), 1993 Porsche 928GTS 32kmi garage quee
Imo 2010 is just change for the sake of it. A few LED's and more gadgets.
Goes to show they got it right in 07.