S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

WoW 2010 S550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 09:29 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 PP
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
New headlights, taillights, front/rear bumpers, exhaust, grille, steering wheel, new steering system, 3 different choices for interior LED light colors, few new options, updated ABC...

For myself, I'm not looking at upgrading yet, but I can't help but wonder if it will really be worth it? Do you know if these updates are across the board for the S63, S65, and the S600 as well?

Thanks,
Tony
Old 08-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by TDwayne69
For myself, I'm not looking at upgrading yet, but I can't help but wonder if it will really be worth it? Do you know if these updates are across the board for the S63, S65, and the S600 as well?

Thanks,
Tony
The facelift goes across the entire S range. The AMG models get new bumpers, lights, and the V12 models get a new grille, the updated interior, tech, etc. There are literally thousands of things that are changed in a facelift. Whether or not its worth it to upgrade is up to you.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 S550, 2010 E350
New 2010 is Quieter

Just traded 08 S550 on new 2010 S550 with p2 and amg. The new one is quieter, drives better,has bigger mirrors, less wind noise,and a better sound system. It will now accept an sd card without the adapter. The hard drive on the radio will not work. I have an appointment to have it looked at. It is supposed to copy music from cd's as well as memory card. Does not work.
2010 feels much better on the road.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600
Originally Posted by roosn
Just traded 08 S550 on new 2010 S550 with p2 and amg. The new one is quieter, drives better,has bigger mirrors, less wind noise,and a better sound system. It will now accept an sd card without the adapter. The hard drive on the radio will not work. I have an appointment to have it looked at. It is supposed to copy music from cd's as well as memory card. Does not work.

Thanks for the update. This is good news.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Originally Posted by K-A
+2. It is entertaining the first few times though. I can only imagine what the guy is like in real life.
I am pretty sure he does not own a Benz. None of his comments suggest he knows more than what one reads in articles. He is a troll, but then again, it is my humble opinion.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:21 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Very interesting. I was under the impression M-B didn't do any major engineering changes to the car, aside from perhaps some drivetrain refinements here or there, techno goodies, and cosmetic stuff.

I'm interested to know what M-B did to quiet the new one down, reduce wind-noise, and refine the ride further.

Last edited by K-A; 08-25-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS
I would hold on to upgrading if I had a 2008 car and did not have to get out of a lease. New twin-turbo V8 engines with up to 470HP/+500TQ are rumored for the non-AMG, with improved economy. Although (contradicting myself in the same post) new engines rarely make it mid-model-cycle for the S class.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:26 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Ferri
I am pretty sure he does not own a Benz. None of his comments suggest he knows more than what one reads in articles. He is a troll, but then again, it is my humble opinion.
I kind of get that too. Seems kind of like an utmost fanboy who dreams of owning the highest end of M-B's, and believes there is this magical realm of engineering perfection. I mean you'd think someone who's gotten themselves to a fiscal level to afford to toss out brand new CL65's every year simply because he doesn't want a Service Foreman to get their paws on it, would be a little more "sane" in their views of their car.... Then again, I have met more bizarre.

IMO as well, of course we can be wrong about this.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
Protecting the Earth from the Scum of the Universe
Originally Posted by Oliverk
Originally Posted by WSH
(thankfully, latest new S65 or CL65 are arguably most reliable and low-mtce cars on planet today)
you are so retarded it hurts me to read your crap.
Oliverk,
Regarding your latest responses to WSH's posts.
It's obvious, you hate the guy greatly and you are attacking him for no apparent reasons every time he posts his views.
I should mention gyzmo123 and his close 2nd. place. (right after you).
All of us on this forum are in disagreement from time to time. And that's good, it creates nice discussions (sometimes heated ones).
But rarely it escatates to personal attacks. I can recall few posts back your insightful response - quote:
"just STFU! You spew this ignorance constantly and have no clue about cars".
We don't want that, I'm sure, other members are sharing my views. Afterall, it is not BMW forum...
I don't recall WSH ever using such a vocabulary on anybody.
I never met the guy, never seen his car, never spoke to him, but I like to read his opinions.
Apparently, he has his passionate and sometimes biased views about Mercedes (and AMG especially).
I read your posts on other threads, obviously you know cars and you give good points to other members. So don't dillute that record.

If I can ask ...
No personal attacks?...
Old 08-25-2009, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by markopolo
Oliverk,
It's obvious, you hate the guy greatly and you are attacking him for no apparent reasons every time he posts his views.
All of us on this forum are in disagreement from time to time. And that's good, it creates nice discussions (sometimes heated ones).
But rarely it escatates to personal attacks. I can recall few posts back your insightful response - quote:
We don't want that, I'm sure, other members are sharing my views. Afterall, it is not BMW forum...
I never met the guy, never seen his car, never spoke to him, but I like to read his opinions.
Apparently, he has his passionate and sometimes biased views about Mercedes (and AMG especially).
I read your posts on other threads, obviously you know cars and you give good points to other members. So don't dillute that record.

If I can ask ...
No personal attacks?...
yeah, I mean I can certainly try to tone it down, but his "my word is fact" tone is very abrasive to me. He also has NO basis for any of his outrageous views, and despite claiming to own a new $200k AMG every 2 years, has never posted a single photo.

It also seems that I'm not alone in my dislike for this fellow.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:19 PM

10 S550 4matic Palladium, 12 G550 Edition Select Silver, 10 BMW 128i Cabrio Blue Water
yeah, I mean I can certainly try to tone it down, but his "my word is fact" tone is very abrasive to me. He also has NO basis for any of his outrageous views, and despite claiming to own a new $200k AMG every 2 years, has never posted a single photo.

I agree this guys (WSH) posts are always outrageous, but I find them entertaining, who knows he is probably some tech geek who does own these vehicles. He is in NorCal if Im not mistaken.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:25 PM

10 S550 4matic Palladium, 12 G550 Edition Select Silver, 10 BMW 128i Cabrio Blue Water
Originally Posted by Multani
all i can say is wow, this car is beautiful.
Which dealer was this pic. taken at? I'm assuming in the TO area, I didnt realize that Canada got the '10 s class already.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:33 PM

2012 C63
Originally Posted by 13pauls
Which dealer was this pic. taken at? I'm assuming in the TO area, I didnt realize that Canada got the '10 s class already.
Downtown Toronto. I was at the dealership yesterday, and they got 6 new 10's. A bunch of 550s and a pair of 63s. The exhaust notes on both models are nice. The guy removing the cars from the truck got in **** cause he drove the 63 really hard. haha.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:56 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Oliverk,

If I can ask ...
No personal attacks?...
I sense a hand-holding koombaya moment coming!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing

Hi, I think you are not being fair to WSH .. he knows a lot about cars and I find the basis for his views solid. And I like his passion for AMG cars too I think it's a matter of prejudices so calm down
Old 08-25-2009, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by Armadillo888
Hi, I think you are not being fair to WSH .. he knows a lot about cars and I find the basis for his views solid. And I like his passion for AMG cars too I think it's a matter of prejudices so calm down
He does not know a lot about cars. He claims a Cl65 handles better than a 911 turbo. He claims the chassis on the s550 is crap, but the s65 chassis is magnificent. He claims the s550/s600 have "girly" brakes. He thinks a Cl65 is more reliable than a toyota corolla.

The guy makes wild observations and he doesn't provide any basis.

I don't share his passion for AMG cars, but blind bias is simply ridiculous, regardless of who the recipient is.

If I need to, I will find all the ridiculous statements he's made in the past year.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:33 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

He does not know a lot about cars. He claims a Cl65 handles better than a 911 turbo. He claims the chassis on the s550 is crap, but the s65 chassis is magnificent. He claims the s550/s600 have "girly" brakes. He thinks a Cl65 is more reliable than a toyota corolla.

The guy makes wild observations and he doesn't provide any basis.

I don't share his passion for AMG cars, but blind bias is simply ridiculous, regardless of who the recipient is.

If I need to, I will find all the ridiculous statements he's made in the past year.
I second that. We as car enthusiasts can indeed sometimes be passionate enough that are views get fuzzed up, but the guy is obviously off his rocker IMO, just some statements are completely bizarre and flagrantly false.

How can the chassis on an S550 be crap and an S65's be amazing?
Old 08-25-2009, 06:43 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Also I remember him saying something about driving around in an E-Class and C-Class and feeling "unsafe". Fact is the C-Class might use higher grade steels than the CL, as it's even a year newer, and M-B don't seem to build one model to a higher Passive Safety code than others (techno and some Active goodies aside). M-B has said the new E uses High Strength steels that haven't been available until the last couple or so years, as well it sets a record for high strength steels used overall (75% I believe). On top of that, the W211 E-Class has statistically shown to be about the best car out there in protecting its passengers from accident related deaths [most recent IIHS statistic report].

Aand on top of that, if one was so concerned with the utmost of vehicle Safety, selecting one with no B-Pillar whatsoever might contradict that a tiny bit.

Just further evidence.

Last edited by K-A; 08-25-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:43 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Double Post.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:17 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 PP

Post some pictures when you get a chance.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
Protecting the Earth from the Scum of the Universe
Originally Posted by K-A
I sense a hand-holding koombaya moment coming!
Ouch, K-A,
I don't thing you are playing fair.
From all of the people on the MBW site, it must be you?

I'm bit disappointed...
Old 08-25-2009, 07:27 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Ouch, K-A,
I don't thing you are playing fair.
From all of the people on the MBW site, it must be you?

I'm bit disappointed...
Old 08-25-2009, 07:27 PM

AMG
Amazing Pic, Thanks
Old 08-25-2009, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
Oliverk,

If I can ask ...
No personal attacks?...
I agree. Great post markopolo.
Regarding WSH, I personally feel he actually does what he says he does, and owns what he says he owns. I don't know him very well but I did extend an offering to visit him in his area the next time I was in the Silicon Valley area and he graciously invited me to meet with him with no apparent worries that I'd caught him in a fake existence.
I hope he is isn't lying to us. Just the fact he's been a fairly consistent poster suggests he isn't just a casual drive by troll, and like marko said, he doesn't reciprocate hatred remarks and usually lays low until the storm of insults passes.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
Just select the ignore function to block out all posts made by certain members if you don't like them. I personally can't stand the "Profile of an S Class owner" thread. I don't even look at it anymore as it seems to be a pointless thread with pointless facts and really has nothing to do with the profile of an S class owner IMO.

Last edited by trumpet1; 08-25-2009 at 07:58 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WoW 2010 S550