S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Seat setting question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche, Cadillac
Seat setting question

So earlier today my seat was adjusted in my setting. I was going to clean/condition the leather so I had reclined the seat backrest, extended the cushion, and raised the seat (a little bit in each direction). After I finished, I locked the car and came back about 10 minutes later. When I had got back, I started the car and it went back to my setting all on it's own. This was the first time this has ever happened. Is this normal or what, and if not, why did it happen?
Old 11-30-2009, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barolo S550, 2010 E, 1966 SL & others.
You may have your convenience setting enabled so that the seat & steering wheel pull back when you exit and return when you enter. Or the car is noting your personalized key signal and returning to the settings that are set for that key.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche, Cadillac
Originally Posted by MichaelB.
You may have your convenience setting enabled so that the seat & steering wheel pull back when you exit and return when you enter. Or the car is noting your personalized key signal and returning to the settings that are set for that key.
It wasn't the seat and steering wheel thing - it always does that. It actually re-adjusted my seat on it's own for the first time in 3 years.