S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Is this a known S600 TT V12 Problem?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
Just picked up my S600 with reset ECU and TCU - huge difference vs before as prior owner drove it softly and it felt sluggish to me...very happy with how it responds now, much more like my prior S55.
P.S. Just saw Rafael also...what a small world.
PL
Old 10-01-2010, 09:20 PM

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
2013 SL 550 (Previously 2012 Porsche Panamera Turbo-S, 2015 Tesla P85D, 2007 S600, 2005 E55 AMG)
Originally Posted by bzliteyear
Just picked up my S600 with reset ECU and TCU - huge difference vs before as prior owner drove it softly and it felt sluggish to me...very happy with how it responds now, much more like my prior S55.
P.S. Just saw Rafael also...what a small world.
PL
Ha ha Yes Rafael was my SA also! Small world. Sorry my car monopolized their V12 TT mechanical talent these past few days but glad you got your car reset to be super responsive!

Chris
Old 10-11-2010, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 S63 Sedan and 2012 E350 Cabriolet
Any reason for what happened?

Hi Chris,

Glad to hear that your car is back. Did your SA give any reason on why it happened? Normally, they would have many reasons to say why their car did not perform as well as it should have.

Thanks!!

Originally Posted by cjf_moraga
Just an update that my 2008 S600 "deathtrap" is back from the shop after a week. I was quite amazed at what had to be done to repair what I thought was a simple oil leak. It certainly illustrates the complexity of the TT V12. Here are the notes from my service report:

"Inspection revealed oil leak at right side turbo charger. During service found major oil leak at right side turbo charger. Depressurize ABC system, recover AC refrigerant, drain coolant and transmission, R&R front wheels, disconnect both starter and system battery, R&R complete engine with transmission and subframe attached, upon further inspection found left side turbocharger oil supply lines seaping, separate engine from subframe on carrier, R&R both engine mount support arms. Upon inspection found engine mounts with engine saturated with oil causing rubber to swell, replaced engine mounts with engine removed as consequential damage, replaced right side deceleration valve on turbo due to oil saturation. Replaced gaskets and O rings as needed. Reinstall engine on subframe, reinstall powertrain assembly in vehicle. Replaced receiver drier as required. Evacuate and recharge AC system. Bleed ABC system with SDS ("Rodeo" Actuation) refill power steering, correct coolant level, bleed/flush low temp cooling circuit for intercooler system. Replaced locking hardware and micro-encapsulated bolts as required. Performed short test after repairs and cleared codes set during engine removal. No further oil leak at turbochargers."

Thank you standard warranty! Anyway it's all back together and the car drives as well as it did before.

Most importantly I feel properly punished and chastened for not selling it after only 1-year and leasing an S65.

Chris
Old 04-07-2021, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55 AMG
Good to know

Originally Posted by cjf_moraga
Just an update that my 2008 S600 "deathtrap" is back from the shop after a week. I was quite amazed at what had to be done to repair what I thought was a simple oil leak. It certainly illustrates the complexity of the TT V12. Here are the notes from my service report:

"Inspection revealed oil leak at right side turbo charger. During service found major oil leak at right side turbo charger. Depressurize ABC system, recover AC refrigerant, drain coolant and transmission, R&R front wheels, disconnect both starter and system battery, R&R complete engine with transmission and subframe attached, upon further inspection found left side turbocharger oil supply lines seaping, separate engine from subframe on carrier, R&R both engine mount support arms. Upon inspection found engine mounts with engine saturated with oil causing rubber to swell, replaced engine mounts with engine removed as consequential damage, replaced right side deceleration valve on turbo due to oil saturation. Replaced gaskets and O rings as needed. Reinstall engine on subframe, reinstall powertrain assembly in vehicle. Replaced receiver drier as required. Evacuate and recharge AC system. Bleed ABC system with SDS ("Rodeo" Actuation) refill power steering, correct coolant level, bleed/flush low temp cooling circuit for intercooler system. Replaced locking hardware and micro-encapsulated bolts as required. Performed short test after repairs and cleared codes set during engine removal. No further oil leak at turbochargers."

Thank you standard warranty! Anyway it's all back together and the car drives as well as it did before.

Most importantly I feel properly punished and chastened for not selling it after only 1-year and leasing an S65.

Chris
what was the total repair price and where did you take it to have the work done

Old 04-07-2021, 09:40 AM

Received 276 Likes on 174 Posts
2007 S600
Nothing like resurrecting an 11 year old thread from the dead...