S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

2008 COMAND Address book voice dial question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 11:02 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
E400S4 '17
2008 COMAND Address book voice dial question

With the MB BT module my HTC Hero Android phone pairs reliably with the COMAND which reads it's address book and lists the directory under Names so I can dial by selecting the entry. Great.
I have re-named the first names of my frequently dialed contacts and synchronized them via Gmail/Contacts with the prefix 001, 002 etc, so they are sorted to the top.

Recently I configured some COMAND voice tags so I can say Dial "name" and it will dial the entry OK. The 2008 COMAND uses a crude voice tag matching method, not actual speech recognition, but it works. So far so good.

I then noticed some entries missing from my address book favorites at the top of the list - the same ones I had created voice tags for.

It turns out the voice tags are now listed in the COMAND directory by their phone number with the area code first, and not by name. This sorts them much further down my list, and I have to recognize the contacts by phone number, which is less convenient.

Any creative ideas for how I can improve on this?