S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

MB service?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB service?

hi just wondering where you guys maintain you vehichle after the warranty expire? I will have B service in a month. I just checked mbusa.com and looked at the 2011 new S, and it says there that the prepaid maintainance for 3 yrs is about $800 but for the 4 year 50k mile is about $1800, 1000 more than the 3-year one. Does it mean that the forth year's maintance is really expensive? Mine is a 2007 s550. I used to have a 2007 Ml500 and when I did the B-service last November, it only cost about 500, will the S double the price??? Anyone knows? And do I have to it in the dealership? Is it possible that I bring it to some independent shops and get the same value for less bucks? Any advice is appreciated.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
S-class
Service A, B is basically just oil changes. Nothing major you need to worry about. Just bring the car in and tell them to just do an oil change which will cost you a lilttle over $100.00. When your car hits 40k miles. Make sure you do a trans flush/trans oil change.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by phatisfy
Service A, B is basically just oil changes. Nothing major you need to worry about. Just bring the car in and tell them to just do an oil change which will cost you a lilttle over $100.00. When your car hits 40k miles. Make sure you do a trans flush/trans oil change.
That is exactly what I'll do! I check the service booklet and the actual thing a B service will give the car is just the oil and fitter change. I will not spend some waster bucks on it! Thanks pal, you always suppot me! I just got the S, so may have questions in the future, your help is highly appreciated
Old 06-19-2011, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
S-class
No problem. I just hate to see the dealer rip people off.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
Dealer says oil change alone is $250 in L.A. Full service is $350
Old 06-20-2011, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by amaycg
Dealer says oil change alone is $250 in L.A. Full service is $350
That's......Expensive for the oil chage..I think they basically just use mobil 1 and some filter from MB. I will try to chage it at another place for under $100, I will at least try once, if they use the same product then there is no difference.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 Ran SRT-10,2007 S550,2016 E400c
Just watch out if you go to a indie some arent as honest as you would think ...

i have a new customer who i was talking to the other day who was going to a indie for 3 years which equaled out to 3 As and 2 Bs and other assorted maint. items... so he was driving and the car shut off and its still under waranty so he towed it to my dealer ... the motor was locked solid so first it was checked out to make sure it didnt go through a puddle.. no water was found so a little dissasembly later and the inside looked like chocolate pudding..after the motor was removed a dissasembledits a mess it looks like the oil was never changed in 40k and even better the force and heat of the motor locking up has damaged the bell housing of the tranny........

im not trashing all indies, i know lots of indie shop owners and they call me all the time for questions but watch out its not fair to say all dealers are trying to rip people off i my self will go to any extent to please a customer

Trending Topics

Old 06-21-2011, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by hcetzneb
Just watch out if you go to a indie some arent as honest as you would think ...

i have a new customer who i was talking to the other day who was going to a indie for 3 years which equaled out to 3 As and 2 Bs and other assorted maint. items... so he was driving and the car shut off and its still under waranty so he towed it to my dealer ... the motor was locked solid so first it was checked out to make sure it didnt go through a puddle.. no water was found so a little dissasembly later and the inside looked like chocolate pudding..after the motor was removed a dissasembledits a mess it looks like the oil was never changed in 40k and even better the force and heat of the motor locking up has damaged the bell housing of the tranny........

im not trashing all indies, i know lots of indie shop owners and they call me all the time for questions but watch out its not fair to say all dealers are trying to rip people off i my self will go to any extent to please a customer
Thank you for your respose! Actually I don't trust any indie, but I just think the B service has so many waster features, check the light, road test it, check electronic things,,,,etc.. The only useful thing may only be the oil and filter change. So finally I decide to maintain it at the dealership but I'll only let them do the oil change, instead of a full B service..