S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

which bluetooth adapter do I need for android phones?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 06:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
08' S550, 04' E320 4matic, 03' Acura TL-S 6 speed, 1968 Vespa P150
which bluetooth adapter do I need for android phones?

I see a lot of BT adapters floating around on fleabay is there a specific one I need for an 08, we mostly have android in the house.

Also if you paired more than 1 phone and both phones are present, does one override the other or it'll sync with both phones?
Old 06-23-2011, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 Carrera4
Beauty of Bluetooth is that it's universal, no special adapter should be needed for one phone or other. Just make sure the adapter is the one that will work in your car.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
S-class
I think you need the v60 BT for our car's?
Old 06-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
Not exactly true.... the reason you see so many MB branded bluetooth adapters on ebay is that every time a new phone or function comes out the MB branded pucks are obsolete and you need to get a new one (at $495 retail). The reason the Viseeo MB2 adapter exists is to answer this problem. It sells brand new for much less than a MB branded one, and most importantly works with ALL phones AND can be updated via the internet (no more obsolete!)
Old 06-24-2011, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 245 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by Cartronics
Not exactly true.... the reason you see so many MB branded bluetooth adapters on ebay is that every time a new phone or function comes out the MB branded pucks are obsolete and you need to get a new one (at $495 retail). The reason the Viseeo MB2 adapter exists is to answer this problem. It sells brand new for much less than a MB branded one, and most importantly works with ALL phones AND can be updated via the internet (no more obsolete!)
Come on, you are a sponsor of the forum and there is no problem to advertise your products (ViseeO is a good product) but everyone knows the MB adapter does not become obsolete every time a new phone is released.

You should have stated MB does not upgrade the features of their BT adapter (these days they have SW update capabilities but even that took long). Then again, I cannot remember new features being introduced for ViseeO adapters either via SW updates (for existing customers), perhaps I've missed some.

Don't you think the main advantage of ViseeO being their interest to adapt their implementation for phone models that have bugs in their BT stack implementation, MB does not often do that (they expect the phone manufacturer to fix their issues, which is sort of fair but not good for the customer if the "guilty" one does not do anything).

The main UK distributor for ViseeO advertises ViseeO for most phones but the MB adapter for some that have had issues with ViseeO.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

The only phone we have issues with the Viseeo with is the LG Chocolate, which is no longer made (since 2007). We extensively test phones whenever available with the product. So far so good with every single phone tested. We have had ZERO returns in the last year on the product too.

However, the MB puck DOES become obsolete when certain phones come out. Hence the iPhone, HTC Evo, Moto Droid X, and new Sidekick - which all have required getting rid of older pucks and getting newer ones.

There are no new features implemented in the Viseeo, but new phone features sometimes necessitate updating the software of the puck. That is the very reason there are so many part number chains of MB branded puck after puck being released. I never stated that every time ANY new phone was released, but maybe should have more carefully stated, when CERTAIN phones are released (and we don't know which certain ones they may be until they are released), require that MB put out ANOTHER part number to deal with it.

Just stating that is not required with a Viseeo. Never meant to mislead, but let people know there is another (and some would argue much better) alternative to the MB branded puck. We do get in a hurry when typing sometimes and maybe sentences are not formed just right.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
E400S4 '17
Originally Posted by dannieboiz
I see a lot of BT adapters floating around on fleabay is there a specific one I need for an 08, we mostly have android in the house.

Also if you paired more than 1 phone and both phones are present, does one override the other or it'll sync with both phones?
I use the MB BT module pictured in the following document.
Sorry I don't know the part number.
It was the latest in summer 2010 when my dealer installed it for me.

The pairing is very counter-intuitive, as the Bluetooth device you see first is NOT the phone. Follow this procedure to the letter.

http://www.mercedes-benz-mobile.com/...2009-11-20.pdf

This procedure worked well for me with a HTC G2 Hero (Android 2.1).
I also get the contacts listed under Names in the COMAND phone screen.
Very nice. No SMS though.
It syncs automatically when I get in the car 95% of the time - it fails just occasionally enough for me not to see a pattern.

P.S. I did not start the car at first and the pairing would not work.

Here is a picture of the unit installed.

Good luck! Post your results.

Last edited by HiTach; 06-24-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4
The reason why there are many mb pucks out there is because each model is designed to work with a specific mb vehicle, some work on multiple models. Mb does not release a new one to specifically work with new phones, they update the hone system when new model of vehicle comes out or when they upgrade electronics in that model. and naturally include new functionality. For example C class w203. Same model from 2001 to 2005 (I think) but in 2004 they changed electronics therefore the phone system got upgraded as well. I have a v60 bt puck on an 04 S class, and it still works with all latest phones, RIM, iPhone, different Android phones, none have any issues.
Please correct me if you think I'm wrong.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

The V60 puck is considerably different and arguably better than the current pucks. It adhered to the BT standard MUCH closer. Yes, MB does come out with a new puck to be more compatible with phones as they come out. Dealers are so sick of customers complaints, many of them are forgoing the revenue stream of upgrades, and selling the Viseeo instead. We ship Viseeo in very large batches to some of the nations largest MB franchises. The smaller dealerships do not seem that interested.
The same Viseeo will work in every UHI equipped MB from 2005 to current, regardless of chassis.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:17 AM

update: I picked up a puck p/n B6 787 5878 paired with my crackberry and Samsung Epic no problem. But I'm unable to sync any of my contacts from either phone.

Also, when I had my phone scan for devices there's another device called UHI-SN8989 what the heck is that?
Old 06-28-2011, 12:24 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

update: I picked up a puck p/n B6 787 5878 paired with my crackberry and Samsung Epic no problem. But I'm unable to sync any of my contacts from either phone.

Also, when I had my phone scan for devices there's another device called UHI-SN8989 what the heck is that?
The Viseeo MB2 puck will sync for sure, no problem with either of those phones.....

The UHI is actually the bluetooth stack that is created in the UHI module when the system is active. Just ignore it.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 S550w/AMG AndGryw/prem.grey leath4matic Night Vision Distronic ,08 ML 350, YUKON XL,'71 ChevPU
BT adapter for Mercedes

I have an OEM Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth MHI Phone Adapter with wireless technology that you can have for $250. I had a 2008 ML 350 that was involved in an accident and the insurance company "totaled" the car. The accident did not affect the adapter at all. In fact, the damage was confined to to the right front fender and front end (secondary to a someone who ran a red light). The car had 22000 miles on it. I had purchased the BT adapter new from a Mercedes dealer at the time of purchasing the car. It has worked very well with different cell phones (Verizon, AT&T) without any problems. The model number is B6 787 5878. It is an easy install, however, I do have the instructions for easy to follow instructions for installation. Please email me by PM or here if you are interested.
Valiumvilla
Old 06-29-2011, 10:23 PM

thanks but I bought one locally a few days ago.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
11 S550 4MATIC
Sorry about the hijack, just didn't want to start a new thread.
I also am in the market for a BT puck for my 08 S class. Looks like B6 787 5878 does not support Iphone 4. Any of you have any idea what i could get?

I would like to have contact syncing functionality and charging if possible (just like cartronics MB-3)

Another problem Ihad with my existing ipod cable is: When I connect it to the iphone 4 it tells me (on iphone screen) "the connector i have is not compatible and I might lose some functionality" which I did... First it showed the song names but nothing played, and after a couple of seconds it wouldnt even show any song names, just says "ipod" and nothing else... No song names nothing from the speakers.
Any ideas?

I guess my next question would be to cartronics:
I presume the only difference between MB-2 and MB -3 is the charging capability and fm streaming (which I don't care for that much). Provided that and the I phome 4 connectivity problem Inexplained above; can I purchase the MB-2 puck and pass n charge?

Thank you.

P.S. I have the Verizon Iphone 4 which is CDMA not GSM...

Last edited by fbracer; 07-24-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

The MB2 Is a much better choice. And the Pass N Charge would fix any potential charge issues. You may want to consider the AnyStream as well.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:17 PM

11 S550 4MATIC
The MB2 Is a much better choice. And the Pass N Charge would fix any potential charge issues. You may want to consider the AnyStream as well.
Thank you very much. I presume it's compatible with I Phone 4 CDMA right?
Old 07-24-2011, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C55, 09 E350
It seems like you always wording things in your favor to sway people to buy your products. " The same Viseeo will work in every UHI equipped MB from 2005 to current, regardless of chassis." This is the same way all the MHI pucks work. "The smaller dealerships do not seem that interested." The last dealership I worked at was one of the biggest in SoCal. This viseoo devices was sent to our shop foreman gratis to try out and he told me it was decent and more cost effective, but buggy. So he did not want us to use the device in our vehicles. I never used the device myself and I am sure the bugs have all been worked out, but there can also be reason dealers would not want to support the device besides the fact that it is after-market. The software in the Mercedes units are also upgradeable by the dealer I have the first gen puck in my vehicle and it works perfect with my 3GS after the software update, you are persuading people into thinking their units are not capable of updates. If you were to give a fair assessment of the differences I would say that the viseoo is a lot cheaper and the consumer can easily upgrade the unit themselves. Now back on topic to the OP the most current unit is 6-7-87-6131 which will have the most support of current phones and multiple phones can be used however only one at a time. The last phone paired will be the most dominant phone which will work while both phones are in the vehicle.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

The Viseeo works with all phones. And of course we do want people to buy our products, as we are sponsors of this forum, and also spend a lot of time helping people for free with all kinds of technical issues.
I am a product advisor for AutoNation and several other large MB dealerships. The current Videeo (since Nov 2009) has no bugs and works very well. I can not say the same for the MB3 - which we also carry. I call that an honest assessment...
Old 09-13-2011, 06:14 AM

E coupe
anystream didn't work for me

my 2 cents on the cartronics anystream:

2012 e coupe so very new firmware. I used the ipod connector cable which i verified as being the one 'supported' by cartonics (Mercedes part number A 001 827 82 04) http://www.cartronics.com/POM.html

My phone, htc desire hd running android 2.3, connects fine to the anystream and the led on the anystream flashes once every 6 seconds suggesting the connection phone<--->anystream is fine.

However the media interface on the car is stuck at 'activating device' and nothing else happens.

For the record, I called anystream and they took my call and were very polite. However the suggested 'solution' is to go and buy a composite av cable with authentication chip from apple to connect the anystream via usb - this costs very close to the price i paid for the anystream. With this in mind I may have opted for a different solution (like the motorolla gateway). I am also in Cyprus so sending it back is not really an option/feasible/cost effective. Thus I'm left with a $80 square of plastic. I may eventually go buy the composite cable but at this point i'm weary of spending more money on something that may or may not work. Caveat emptor.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:51 AM

E coupe
I tried to edit the original post but cant so I have to quote instead.

NOTE: fwiw cartronics.com are "good people" - even after my negative review and after some back/forth with them - they are still responding to my questions. I believe their 100% money back guarantee. I understand that many people have had success with this product. I'm in the process of trying to source an apple usb cable 'with authentication chip' (the apple store won't deliver to my country and not sure that the ones on ebay/amazon have the 'apple authentication chip' built in which is what I need). If I get my hands on one and try it out I'll post back here.

Originally Posted by e_coup
my 2 cents on the cartronics anystream:

2012 e coupe so very new firmware. I used the ipod connector cable which i verified as being the one 'supported' by cartonics (Mercedes part number A 001 827 82 04) http://www.cartronics.com/POM.html

My phone, htc desire hd running android 2.3, connects fine to the anystream and the led on the anystream flashes once every 6 seconds suggesting the connection phone<--->anystream is fine.

However the media interface on the car is stuck at 'activating device' and nothing else happens.

For the record, I called anystream and they took my call and were very polite. However the suggested 'solution' is to go and buy a composite av cable with authentication chip from apple to connect the anystream via usb - this costs very close to the price i paid for the anystream. With this in mind I may have opted for a different solution (like the motorolla gateway). I am also in Cyprus so sending it back is not really an option/feasible/cost effective. Thus I'm left with a $80 square of plastic. I may eventually go buy the composite cable but at this point i'm weary of spending more money on something that may or may not work. Caveat emptor.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:10 PM

07 CL550

Which viseeo adapter work with A Motorola Droid Razr PHONE/Car: 2007 CL550?
Old 05-05-2013, 12:09 AM

2007 S550V4 2001 S430 (Sold) 1976 450 SL
I have 2007 w/ original MB puck, My non-smartphone Samsung connects fine, as did prior hand-helds.

I am thinking of taking over daughters HTC Desire Android, as she upgrades.

Am I likely looking at non-integration w/ current puck? What do I buy, if it doesn't match bluetooth?

Thanks.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:29 AM

w221
I use the Mercedes Bluetooth HFP Adapter for my xperia x10i and xperia arc. Works well. The X10i disconnects at times, but it is a discarded phone by sony with lots of issues per se.