S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Distronic Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
Distronic Question

I don't use Distronic very much, but was bored the other day in traffic on the 405, so I decided to use it in stop and go traffic. What would happen is that when the cars stopped completely in front of me, the car would stop as well. However, when the car ahead of me started moving, my car would just stay stuck there and no message would come on the dash. After a while, I got honked so I had to manually accelerate again. Does this happen to anyone? I figured out I had to click the Resume button every time traffic stopped at 0 mph for atleast 5 seconds. Should I have to do this or should the car automatically start following the car in front of me when it starts accelerating?
Old 07-14-2011, 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 299 Likes on 250 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by amaycg
I don't use Distronic very much, but was bored the other day in traffic on the 405, so I decided to use it in stop and go traffic. What would happen is that when the cars stopped completely in front of me, the car would stop as well. However, when the car ahead of me started moving, my car would just stay stuck there and no message would come on the dash. After a while, I got honked so I had to manually accelerate again. Does this happen to anyone? I figured out I had to click the Resume button every time traffic stopped at 0 mph for atleast 5 seconds. Should I have to do this or should the car automatically start following the car in front of me when it starts accelerating?
If you get bored again, you could take the car manual and read how to use Distronic.

It is a safety feature that you either have to press the accelerator pedal or use the CC lever to make the car go once it has stopped. You might be at traffic lights looking at beautiful ladies where you would not want the ladies to observe you were not steering the car properly while watching them.