S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

suspension Malfunction code 07 S550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s550
suspension Malfunction code 07 S550

Hey, I just saw a yellow suspension Malfunction code. Looks like the white icon when you raise the vehicle but the code is yellow. All of the sudden the suspension got real still and bouncy, it doesn't drop but the suspension gets real stiff and bouncy. I turned the car off and then back on, code went away and rides perfectly and normally. Then hit a couple dips in the road, light comes back on and a stiff suspension again. It happens when the car goes about 65mph doesn't happen at 80 or so. Again, if I turn the car off and then back on, the malfunction code disappears and the car rides normally. Car is lowered using the AAR links, I've adjusted and raised the car a little but still it happens every now and then. I have raised the car a couple times using the raise button, then back down to normal but it still happens sometimes. Any thoughts? could it be struts? is it because the car is too low? seems to happen when I drive for awhile and car gets hot. Thoughts, stealership?

Last edited by silkz03; 08-30-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
Go to the dealer...
Old 08-30-2011, 11:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S550
Originally Posted by amaycg
Go to the dealer...
Wow! That was helpful...Thank God for Forums
Old 08-31-2011, 01:26 AM

s550 4matic Key To The Cure Edition, Can-Am Spyder RSS
Damn bro.. Hope its nothing serious.. I'm all nervous now.. I'm curious tho... If you get a chance to.. Measure your floor to fender height & tire size. There HAS to be a limit to how low we can go, without causing damage or error codes when the vehicle bottoms out on bumps or dips in the road. I raised mine about ¼ inch in the rear today (2 full rotations of the AAR link). I thought I was good & wasn’t rubbing, until I hit a pretty decent dip in the road today & the rear passengers side rubbed.. Nothing major, but it rubbed with just me in the car. I could only imagine how much worse it would have been with a full load. I feel its better to be safe than sorry when it comes to that kinda crap. Anyway… Keep us posted…
Old 08-31-2011, 04:17 PM

s550
Originally Posted by ramos226
Damn bro.. Hope its nothing serious.. I'm all nervous now.. I'm curious tho... If you get a chance to.. Measure your floor to fender height & tire size. There HAS to be a limit to how low we can go, without causing damage or error codes when the vehicle bottoms out on bumps or dips in the road. I raised mine about ¼ inch in the rear today (2 full rotations of the AAR link). I thought I was good & wasn’t rubbing, until I hit a pretty decent dip in the road today & the rear passengers side rubbed.. Nothing major, but it rubbed with just me in the car. I could only imagine how much worse it would have been with a full load. I feel its better to be safe than sorry when it comes to that kinda crap. Anyway… Keep us posted…
no prob, I may just do one full turn on the links front and back see how that works. keep you posted.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:09 PM

s550
Okay, I think I found to problem. The rear link wasn't properly seated and pushed fully in, I never felt that popping sensation or heard sound on the rears as the fronts until now. I actually pushed harder. Dayum, its been that way since I put them on a months ago. I believe that is what caused the malfunction error code. We'll see.

Last edited by silkz03; 09-03-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:28 AM

s550 4matic Key To The Cure Edition, Can-Am Spyder RSS
Hmm... I don't know... I know the "pop" sound your talking about, but you hear it more when the link comes off, vs. when it's going on. (It sounds like a cartoon bubble being popped). I can see how the rubber end might fold inward when your seating it on the ball joint though. I pulled mine back a bit, after i seated them, just to make sure it wasn't folded. Pulled back, just enough to see the edges were fully wrapped around the ball joint. Is that what your saying you noticed on you rear link? Also.. did you ever get a chance to measure your floor to fender height?

Anyway.. I hope that's all it was, & the errors don't come back..