S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

just had the car wrapped

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W221 S550L, W212 E250CDI Wagon
Mine was with the metalized tint so the heat shouldnt get in the car so much and then they sand the edges so you cant feel the film on the windows, thats how the police check if its factory tint or aftermarket which is illegal
Originally Posted by rominl
1k to wrap the whole car that's way cheap. like others mentioned it's a lot more expensive here.

tint though, if you just want normal tint, 150 should get you done. for around 500 you should be able to get quality ceramic tint already
Old 09-29-2011, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
S-class
Originally Posted by CTDK
Mine was with the metalized tint so the heat shouldnt get in the car so much and then they sand the edges so you cant feel the film on the windows, thats how the police check if its factory tint or aftermarket which is illegal
Cops here if they see that your car windows are too dark. They use a window tint tester. Which slides over the edge of the window.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:19 AM

lol, so seems like its the same story all over the world, that cops need to get a life and deal with the real crimes instead of harrassing "normal" ppl

but is it in all states its like that or? im usually in Florida once or twice a year to visit one of my suppliers and Ive noticed that even the cops have tinted frontwindows there ?

Originally Posted by phatisfy
Cops here if they see that your car windows are too dark. They use a window tint tester. Which slides over the edge of the window.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:26 PM

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
16 GL550
lol, so seems like its the same story all over the world, that cops need to get a life and deal with the real crimes instead of harrassing "normal" ppl

but is it in all states its like that or? im usually in Florida once or twice a year to visit one of my suppliers and Ive noticed that even the cops have tinted frontwindows there ?
same in cali, depending on area sometimes cops have a lot of time to "discuss" with you on tints while writing you a fix ticket
Old 09-30-2011, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
S-class

In FL that law is different. You can tint as dark as you want. I think it has to do with heat/sun in FL?
Old 10-01-2011, 03:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 156 Posts
W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Now that was super Cheap...I am thinking of white on mine W221 even though it is black.And leave the roof black like the panorama look...But here in Sweden i pay like $2000 with no invoice so you must have a really GOOD deal...Not sure on flat white though. Not a big fan of it. But affraid the glossy one is not glossy enough.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:12 AM

A friend of mine did his black w221 white, it looked really good and glossy, but when u open the doors and you can see its black, thats just not cool, fair enough if its a DHL / UPS truck, but not on a S class ;-)

Originally Posted by Chris The Swede
Now that was super Cheap...I am thinking of white on mine W221 even though it is black.And leave the roof black like the panorama look...But here in Sweden i pay like $2000 with no invoice so you must have a really GOOD deal...Not sure on flat white though. Not a big fan of it. But affraid the glossy one is not glossy enough.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:51 PM

R350
Hi newbie here and need your help. My awesome salesman at Audi Henderson (Sal in Henderson/Las Vegas, NV...they're the best) hooked me up with complimentary tint job for the MB R350 we purchased just to make the car have that "complete look". The car only had the back windows tinted. A miscommunication or lack of happened between the service manager & the place they get their tint, because they also tinted the windshield (w/c the service manager @ Audi H suggested we do not do bc it could affect the sensors). Anyways, it's done anyway, I'm not complaining...it's free, it looks great, & it keeps that pesky desert sun out of my way. I'm hoping my sensors are not affected. But I couldn't be that lucky, my Parktronic sensors aren't working. I have an appointment next week to bring the car back in.

My dilemma, I now want a tint on my windshield since I've seen & felt the difference but I also love my Parktronic feature. What tint (percentage), type, or/and method should I suggeset be used on my windshield where I my sensors won't be affected?

And has anybody used their Parktronic feature to parallel park? if so, pls tell me how? hehehe

TIA

Last edited by PinklipsRN; 10-01-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:48 PM

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
16 GL550
ok maybe i am new to the whole mercedes scene, by parktronic, do you mean the parking sensors? if so, they are on the bumpers right? if there are any sensors around the windshield, i would think it's the distronic setup close to the rear view mirror.

one sensor i can think of around the windshield is the rain sensor and light sensor for headlights. but if anything, i wonder if you can just cut out part of the windshield tint to unblock those areas
Old 10-01-2011, 05:12 PM

R350
Originally Posted by rominl
ok maybe i am new to the whole mercedes scene, by parktronic, do you mean the parking sensors? if so, they are on the bumpers right? if there are any sensors around the windshield, i would think it's the distronic setup close to the rear view mirror.

one sensor i can think of around the windshield is the rain sensor and light sensor for headlights. but if anything, i wonder if you can just cut out part of the windshield tint to unblock those areas
come to think of it you've got a point because when I was trying to troubleshoot why the Parktronic light indicators are no longer coming on, the things I had to check were the bumpers. I'm also unfamiliar with Mercedes and any cars for that matter, my knowledge of cars doesn't go beyond putting gas on & making sure I don't put Diesel on. We've just bought this car about 2 weeks ago so I'm still learning all the features. The Distrionic was not activated, I opted not to have that turned on bc I am not familiar with it yet. What I'm missing now is that sensor when I'm parking, when I get too close to a car or an object, a warning sound (2 beeps comes on)....I guess that could be also Distrionic but it was described more on the Parktronic feature bc of the proximity of the objects/cars as opposed to Distrionic that is feet away.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:05 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
2018 750i Msport, 2018 Range Rover Autobiography, 2019 C63, 2017 F Type R
how did you get the blacked out tail lights or how did you black them because i would like to do it to mine.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 156 Posts
W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
A friend of mine did his black w221 white, it looked really good and glossy, but when u open the doors and you can see its black, thats just not cool, fair enough if its a DHL / UPS truck, but not on a S class ;-)
Well I actually dont think it looks strange at all. Black is a color comenly used inside engine rooms and so on so I dont think it is that bad. The car has black details in more places as well so...But we will see. The good thing with wrapping is you can easely regret it and just remove it.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:49 AM

I bought special black tint spray and used a whole can on each light, wetsanding between each layer, and then I took them to my painter and he gave them 3x clear coat and they we polished them

Originally Posted by benzman1234
how did you get the blacked out tail lights or how did you black them because i would like to do it to mine.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:01 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
2018 750i Msport, 2018 Range Rover Autobiography, 2019 C63, 2017 F Type R
I bought special black tint spray and used a whole can on each light, wetsanding between each layer, and then I took them to my painter and he gave them 3x clear coat and they we polished them
VHT night shades?