S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

A2DP Possible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
toyota sienna, S550, Subaru Outback
A2DP Possible?

Hi guys,

Is there a2dp available on the w221's? I know that for 07's they don't have it but maybe the 2012's have it?

If anybody has integrated this into their car, please provide details on how you did it. I'm interested in the factory a2dp integration and not the add-on fm modulators types.

Maybe midcity or some company is making something?

Thanks.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:01 AM

A250 Sports
Tune2Air WMA1000 for Music Streaming

Hi, I would like to share my recent purchase which is designed for Mercedes Media Interface and a lot of better than conventional A2DP receiver.

Recently, I've got an Mercedes/Audi A2DP receiver from ViseeO. It is called Tune2Air WMA1000 which will work with native iPod app on your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad, and also the online music services such as Pandora and Sportify. The unit is designed for the native iPod app on my iphone which will not only stream music but also transfer the whole music library and song titles to your Audi screen, and I can control the music from the steering wheel button or head unit control directly. Then I have tried it on Sportify, the unit still stream music to my Audi but the only downside is the music list which can not be imported like the native iPod app. However, it does work which I think is quite good. The auto reconnection with your phone is also instant which I think is another plus.

Originally Posted by jadeethan
Hi guys,

Is there a2dp available on the w221's? I know that for 07's they don't have it but maybe the 2012's have it?

If anybody has integrated this into their car, please provide details on how you did it. I'm interested in the factory a2dp integration and not the add-on fm modulators types.

Maybe midcity or some company is making something?

Thanks.
Old 10-14-2017, 09:51 AM

2007 Mercedes GL450
Originally Posted by williamhop102
Hi, I would like to share my recent purchase which is designed for Mercedes Media Interface and a lot of better than conventional A2DP receiver.

Recently, I've got an Mercedes/Audi A2DP receiver from ViseeO. It is called Tune2Air WMA1000 which will work with native iPod app on your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad, and also the online music services such as Pandora and Sportify. The unit is designed for the native iPod app on my iphone which will not only stream music but also transfer the whole music library and song titles to your Audi screen, and I can control the music from the steering wheel button or head unit control directly. Then I have tried it on Sportify, the unit still stream music to my Audi but the only downside is the music list which can not be imported like the native iPod app. However, it does work which I think is quite good. The auto reconnection with your phone is also instant which I think is another plus.

This device works really well. Excellent sound quality without interruption. I have the 3000A from viseeousa.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts
W221 S600, W220 S55 AMG Kompressor, W124 300E, W140 S320, W210 E3204M W164 ML320 Bluetec
I actually got one of these when it came out, and I agree it does sound much better than expected. Does anyone happen to know what bitrate it operates at?

One thing I wish that I could change is the iPod integration system powers off if the engine is not running. Even in position 2, it does not power the iPod connector. Does anyone know of a way to change this where it works when the key is in the "Run" position without the engine running?