S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

"Loading Navigation"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 E430 Black
Angry "Loading Navigation"

I recently replaced my CD/DVD player in my 2009 S550. Everything was great. A week later got a message saying Navigation activating which took a looong time! Now it states "The system software has been updated. The map software must be updated now..." I purchased a new DVD from Mercedes tried to update it got to the message "Would you like to proceed with the update?". I selected "yes" a few seconds later got a message that states "The map update is not possible. The DVD is being ejected. Please refer to the operating instructions"... What is going on??? Can anyone advise?
Old 06-21-2018, 12:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550
Loading Nav Disc

[QUOTE=BOTUS;6176519]
After installation, it is a hit and miss if the "loading navigation" stays on or goes away when I use the navigation system. [It stays on more than it shows the map.[quote/]

I have a thought on this... mine never showed this on the original maps v2 but does after I updated it to v13

However its not always like that... and when it does display the pop up, its often only for a few seconds. I think a firmware update it did before installing the maps brought this feature to the fore. I think its really saying searching for position (as in where are the satellites) before its happy to display the map. If you live in a bad signal area or its been a while between starting the car so the last known view of the satellites is different to where they are now this nag takes a little longer to go away.
I have a 2007 W221. It had the original software still installed on board. Upgraded to the latest (and last) version for the W221, the 2015-2016 update. It DID take about 30 minutes to upload the disc. I was in Park with the car running. After upload, I did NOT USE THE NAV, but instead drove for about 30 more minutes and then parked the car for a bit over an hour. Got in, started the car, got full Nav, no messages, bird's eye view and all features without a hitch. Besides being fortunate, I believe that NOT using or attempting to use the Nav right off the bat helped. It allowed the disc to upload from hard drive to Nav unit without interruption or stoppage.
The following users liked this post:
lionsfan54 (06-21-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 02:48 PM

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Mercedes Benz S600
I just did the upgrade too. First try it failed (error message) 75% done. So, I just did it again and it worked (gave me a success message). I didn't have my car running, just left a charger on the battery. Use disc slot 1.