S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

2007 S550 Radio Dial

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008-S550
2007 S550 Radio Dial

Having problen when using dial to change station or change audio source. It seems to always return to main menu before I have a chance to push and it accepts it. Almost as if the back buttom is pressed. I checked to make sure that nothing is stuck in "Back buttom".. This only happens in Audio mode, the dial works fine in Nav and Telephone mode. At same time problem started, had small feed back in speakers (static like listening to record player) and mic for bluetooth stopped working. Its really frustrating hard to change station, already tried reset.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:45 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
E400S4 '17
Does the Voice Command still work?

This thread lists related problems with COMAND radio menu and Microphone.

If the link doesn't work go to the B e nzworld.org W221 forum and search for "audio electrical command issues"

These were my symptoms:

I first noticed MP3 songs cut out after a short time, varying from 20 seconds to 2 minutes. Same from the memory card or DVD disk.
Next I noticed the Voice Command button no longer gives a beep or responds to commands.
I tried a commercial audio CD, same audio cut out problem.
Yesterday I also noticed the party on my Bluetooth phone call could not hear me, though I could hear them over the COMAND audio.
The menu operation is normal.
I got my vehicle back after 8 days in the shop.

The problem was a failing Voice Command Module 221-870-38-87 and connector 000-401-09-14, both were replaced and the problem has been fixed.
Also the report mentions a software update was performed, though I already had the Birds eye view Nav and Video player update applied.

My newly installed winter tire package was not reading the tire pressure and they replaced sensors in two wheels to get it to read.

Hopefully my vehicle won't be back in the shop for a while. Everything was covered under my MB extended warranty, my bill was $16 as the dealer passes through the $2/day state rental taxes.

Let us know what you find.

Last edited by HiTach; 12-06-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:05 AM

2008-S550
voice command does not function
Old 12-09-2012, 04:20 AM

mercedes w200
we were actually able to change the radio station without raising our pulse. A handy "back" button on the console returns you to the previous menu; Mercedes has also thoughtfully included a "favorites" button the driver can program to control nearly anything he desires--say, getting the navigator to repeat its last instructions. A particularly nice touch is the comfy palm rest that sits above the controller; it flips open to reveal a telephone keypad. Better yet, most features, such as the dual-zone automatic climate control and the audio system, can be controlled via hard buttons on the dash or on the steering wheel. If you absolutely refuse to lift a finger, many of the systems are also voice-activated.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...#ixzz2EXqSvx9t