S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Service Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s550
Service Issues

I took my car to get it serviced recently. They had to replace the steering column to repair the problem.

While I had the car there, I told them to go ahead and perform service C since it was coming up soon too.

I got the car back and while driving I noticed that the alignment of the car was not straight anymore (you had to hold the steering at an angle to drive straight)

Not only that, but in the write up it says that they check tire alignment for the C service (clearly did not) and checked and set tire pressure (all tires are different pressures, did not perform at all).

There were oil marks on the seat from the mechanics and worst of all they changed my seat memory.

Usually I have gotten good service in the past but this time everything was so careless. There's probably a ton more services that they didnt even perform I have a feeling.

Is there a way to revert back to old seat memory settings?
Old 07-13-2013, 02:46 PM

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
2007 CL550
The wheel alignment may be correct. The problem could be as simple as a misaligned steering wheel. Did they really remove the steering column? Most likely they may have removed the steering wheel and then when the re-installed it, it was not positioned correctly.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:14 PM

s550
Originally Posted by steveb9771
The wheel alignment may be correct. The problem could be as simple as a misaligned steering wheel. Did they really remove the steering column? Most likely they may have removed the steering wheel and then when the re-installed it, it was not positioned correctly.

yes I understand thats what most likely happened. But I paid money for a C service and in the service write up it says they performed and check the alignment, which they clearly did not.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S500
To my opinion if you can do the service yourself do so,then you are sure no one abusing your car in any way !!
If that is not an option,should go and find an enthousiast dealer with love for the vehicule,for me this means not getting to the b%^& MB-dealer around the corner where I live, but taking an hour or so to get to a really good MB-dealer..

Not that big of a deal to reposition and store your seat positions properly ,when drivng a couple of hours(only 3 positions to be found).Especially you now know roughly how it should be exactly.. if this makes any sense?
Old 07-13-2013, 09:38 PM

s550
Originally Posted by marthyh
To my opinion if you can do the service yourself do so,then you are sure no one abusing your car in any way !!
If that is not an option,should go and find an enthousiast dealer with love for the vehicule,for me this means not getting to the b%^& MB-dealer around the corner where I live, but taking an hour or so to get to a really good MB-dealer..

Not that big of a deal to reposition and store your seat positions properly ,when drivng a couple of hours(only 3 positions to be found).Especially you now know roughly how it should be exactly.. if this makes any sense?
Its just the principle of it. Yea I understand they need to move the seat around to get work done, but why save it over my memory.