S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

NEW EXHAUST FOR W221 QUAD MUFFLERS SOUND CLIP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550
Originally Posted by ixotuckeroxi
I too, purchased this exhaust. Should have the car and the exhaust next week (just bought both)

Edit. There seems to be 3 different exhausts available from what I've seen. One that doesn't have tips at all and has one outlet to tip for 300, one that has 2 separate outlets each side with some funny looking tips for 400, and the one pictured for 649. I made an offer on the one pictured above of 600 and 625 and both declined. Just ended up buying for 649
Yup, same thing happened to me. However I contacted them and the best they could do was 700shipped. I guess it saved me 20 bucks. I actually was suppose to get it yesterday but fedex jacked up and did not deliver it it the correct fedex store for me to pick up (required a direct signature).

I should however have it by Monday. I'll take a bit more pics and update you on the quality of the exhaust. Only thing I'm waiting for now is my carbon diffusor to make the install.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:19 AM

S500
Edit. There seems to be 3 different exhausts available from what I've seen. One that doesn't have tips at all and has one outlet to tip for 300, one that has 2 separate outlets each side with some funny looking tips for 400, and the one pictured for 649. I made an offer on the one pictured above of 600 and 625 and both declined. Just ended up buying for 649
I have AMG tips already so then I can just buy one with that doesn't have tips at all right?

Can't wait for one of you pioneers to get it installed and post videos/photos.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:59 AM

sl500
Originally Posted by Max Gothenburg
I have AMG tips already so then I can just buy one with that doesn't have tips at all right?

Can't wait for one of you pioneers to get it installed and post videos/photos.
if you crawl up underneath your car and its one pipe to the tip, im assuming that the one pipe kit would work. i just ordered the amg tip version so i didn't have to mess with a muffler shop, buy tips separate, fabricate piping, etc because i have horrible luck...
Old 06-15-2014, 07:30 AM

S500
if you crawl up underneath your car and its one pipe to the tip, im assuming that the one pipe kit would work. i just ordered the amg tip version so i didn't have to mess with a muffler shop, buy tips separate, fabricate piping, etc because i have horrible luck...
Yes I have one pipe to the tip on both sides. Would it be better to sell my current AMG tips and buy this AMG tip version then?
Old 06-15-2014, 07:57 AM

sl500
That will be your call. If you don't feel like hassling with it I would keep it intact. Here in northern Mexico aka San antonio, the muffler shops are the most cost effective but it's a hack job at best. And it wouldn't be cost effective to go to a fabricator but in your case you're just talking about tip alignment. How **** (no pun intended) are you about your car lol.

Originally Posted by Max Gothenburg
Yes I have one pipe to the tip on both sides. Would it be better to sell my current AMG tips and buy this AMG tip version then?
Old 06-15-2014, 12:23 PM

S550
Cost of the tips plus just the mufflers are the same as the the whole exhaust. Only reason I would imagine you would want the muffler setup is if you wanted a different muffler tip.