S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

s350 w221 STUCK IN PARK MODE ! Need help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s350 w221
s350 w221 STUCK IN PARK MODE ! Need help.

Hello! My name is Costin, and i drive a 2007 s350 w221 RWD Mercedes Benz.
My car broke down last night. Something with the gearbox.
The car is stuck in Park Mode.
My problem is how do i manually or mechanically get it out of park mode so i can load it on a flatbed towtruck ??
I have found some kind of plastic key in the trunk, and someone told me i can get it out of park mode with it, but i don`t know how and where the key is supposed to go
Other suggestions ?
Help please ?!

Sorry if my english is not correct, but it isn`t my native language....
Old 04-03-2014, 05:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S500L
Hi Costin, I have had a similar issue last weekend. I was driving along and got a message saying "drive to workshop without changing gear", I panicked and pulled over to the side and switched the car off after putting it in park. Now when I try to start it it thinks its not in park and will not let me start it.

I rang Mercedes breakdown who said that their was no way to manually put the gearbox into neutral. i had to have the car lifted and put on onto a tow truck.

I think in my case the Intelligent Servo Module (ISM) has gone as it does not seem to know what gear it is in. I am having this replaced tomorrow, I really hope this fixes the problem.

I had to move the car again as the first garage I took it to could not do the repair. I had the prop shaft disconnected so that the gearbox was disconnected front the wheels and it could be rolled on to the tow truck.

Let me know what symptoms you have had with the gearbox and I will see if I can help