S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

AMG body kit for S500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500
AMG body kit for S500

I know this topic has been discussed number of times and yes I tried the search button first

I have short wheel base 2006 S500 and I'm looking to order AMG body kit. Would like to clear a few things before I make the order:

- I have parking sensors in rear bumper but there are no visible sensors in front bumper. Still when I park nose front I get beeps and distance lights in the dash. Does Distronic have parking sensors? I'm bit baffled because when you look at pics of other W221's they have sensors in front bumper. Also can't seem to find any AMG front bumpers without parking sensors.

- To find a AMG body kit with shot side skirts seems impossible. One seller suggested to shorten the side skirts at body shop. How difficult would that be?
Old 05-17-2014, 04:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
none
How about trying a Mercedes Dealership? They might have it. Found this pic.
Attached Thumbnails AMG body kit for S500-tuning-mercedes-benz-s-450-4matic-06.jpg  
Old 05-17-2014, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
Distronic replaces parking sensors up front. No sensors in the front bumper on a Distronic car. Get the VIN from any SWB AMG car (listed online for sale, etc) and take that VIN to the dealer to order the AMG parts.

Last edited by Mike5215; 05-17-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:42 PM

S500
Just sent my order for following parts from http://www.carpartstuning.com :

- AMG body kit with SW side skirts (short side skirts are a nightmare to find)

- AMG exhaust tips (will put AMG exhaust system when I find it for decent price)

- Facelift tail lights red/black

- Trunk spoiler

- Facelift grille

1690 euros including delivery. Bargain. Their customer service has been top class so far. If the parts are what they should be I will recommend them to anyone. Low prices and superb communication.

Facelift front lights and mirrors I will do later. For wheels will probably go with 22" Mandrus Mannheim. Will also tint the windows and wrap the roof in black.

Undecided if I should paint grille, air vents and MB logos in black. My car is silver. Thoughts?
Old 05-18-2014, 07:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S500
Talking

Originally Posted by Max Gothenburg
Just sent my order for following parts from http://www.carpartstuning.com :

- AMG body kit with SW side skirts (short side skirts are a nightmare to find)

- AMG exhaust tips (will put AMG exhaust system when I find it for decent price)

- Facelift tail lights red/black

- Trunk spoiler

- Facelift grille

1690 euros including delivery. Bargain. Their customer service has been top class so far. If the parts are what they should be I will recommend them to anyone. Low prices and superb communication.

Facelift front lights and mirrors I will do later. For wheels will probably go with 22" Mandrus Mannheim. Will also tint the windows and wrap the roof in black.

Undecided if I should paint grille, air vents and MB logos in black. My car is silver. Thoughts?
Hey Max sounds very good to me: how did you get such discount?
As only the complete facelift bodykit is 2600 Eur. ?

http://www.carpartstuning.com/comple...21f/5985411-3/ ..

Greetz from Amsterdam !
Old 05-18-2014, 07:26 PM

S500
Originally Posted by marthyh
Hey Max sounds very good to me: how did you get such discount?
As only the complete facelift bodykit is 2600 Eur. ?

http://www.carpartstuning.com/comple...21f/5985411-3/ ..

Greetz from Amsterdam !
It seems their prices on website are completely different compared to what they sell them in reality. Also if you have a registered company and valid VAT number you will get 24% off the price. That explains price I got them for. Easier to get in touch with them via email and you should get decent price from them.

Like I said communication with them has been really good. They speak good English and seem to have a good reputation. Once I get my order I will let you know how is the quality.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S500
It seems their prices on website are completely different compared to what they sell them in reality. Also if you have a registered company and valid VAT number you will get 24% off the price. That explains price I got them for. Easier to get in touch with them via email and you should get decent price from them.

Like I said communication with them has been really good. They speak good English and seem to have a good reputation. Once I get my order I will let you know how is the quality.
Great!! Thanks Max!
Old 05-19-2014, 05:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W221 S500 SWB
I have parking sensors in rear bumper but there are no visible sensors in front bumper. Still when I park nose front I get beeps and distance lights in the dash. Does Distronic have parking sensors? I'm bit baffled because when you look at pics of other W221's they have sensors in front bumper. Also can't seem to find any AMG front bumpers without parking sensors.
Distronic Plus uses short range radars for parking sensors. My car has Distronic Plus and my body kit has holes for PDC. The garage I use made brackets inside the bumpers to hold the radars, and I used plugs to cover the PDC holes.

One seller suggested to shorten the side skirts at body shop. How difficult would that be?
I have done this and it was a nightmare.

If I was to choose again, I would go for the side skirts from the AMG Styling Pack (available in both LWB and SWB), rather than from the S63/65.

Because they look exactly the same and the fitting will be much better than cutting and shortening one.

Also note - you WILL need a genuine AMG grille, not an aftermarket grille.