S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Does Telematic Update include Aux feature? Will these accessories work?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 07:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S450L
Originally Posted by Denman1710
Oke, no cheap stuff from ebay, but what BT module you bought then?
Have you thinking much before posting this useless comment?

I've said: "don't buy the cheap aux cables from eBay, they don't work." -> I was only saying "cables" not "stuff". Of course, buy cheap stuff from eBay if they work and you like them, but not those AUX Cables - don't buy them.
Second, that cheap BT Adaptor that I'm using, it's laying around here since years... i've used it for a project at the university. I decided to give it a try in my car many many years after I bought it, so consider that "I had it already". I can't recommend buying cheap BT adaptors either, because cheap is cheap; but if you really want to go this way, it will probably work for you also.

Try to post only useful things here.
Old 04-12-2022, 04:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
CL550 AMG package
Originally Posted by McCasian
Hello guys. I have just installed a bluetooth receiver to my AUX port and here are the learned lessons:

- pins 5,6 15 is what i've used, but it seems that the quality was pretty bad, and the volume was low. I know that may happen when you connect the pins incorrectly, therefore I have used pin 6 as ground and 5 and 15 as Left and Right and the quality of sound is now beautiful... and the volume is now normal

- yes, a normal and cheap bluetooth adapter can be used. I've did it like that: I had since long time ago a cheap bluetooth receiver with a jack female connector(5-10€). I have modified a cable to have a male jack which was connected to the BT receiver, and the other side to have 3 female pin connector for NTG(pins 5,6 and 15). I have provided power from cigarette socket via a 5V regulator board(3€).That's it, it just works

- don't buy the cheap aux cables from eBay, they don't work... at least for NTG3(first generation of W221). The cables from eBay have 12 pins, but the NTG 3 white socket has 10 pins only, and I am not even sure if that is for AUX or for something else.

- AUX device cannot be controlled from car commands if you use this way, but it really doesn't bother me. If I would buy the ipod adapter(200-300€ second hand here in Europe) + 100€ the bluetooth adapter then i would have it, but simply doesn't worth for me.

- If you already have the Phone Bluetooth adapter and the phone already works with the car for calls, you can keep it like that. The new bluetooth receiver can be set in Bluetooth settings on the phone like Media Device and no calls will be transmitted to that device, only media content. When you receive a call, the music will be interrupted and the call will be transferred to the car Phone System;
Contrary, if you want your phone to be via bluetooth, then as I have read, iPod adapter(B6 782 42 52) + that expensive bluetooth receiver(Tune2air)

Where did you buy the AUX cable from? Do you have a parts number by any chance?
Old 04-12-2022, 04:49 PM

S450L
Originally Posted by vervuurt
Where did you buy the AUX cable from? Do you have a parts number by any chance?
I made it by myself.

As I said in a previous post, don't buy the cheap aux cables from eBay, they don't work... at least for NTG3(first generation of W221). The cables from eBay have 12 pins, but the NTG 3 white socket has 10 pins only, and I am not even sure if that is for AUX or for something else.
The big connector behind the NTG3(pre-facelift w221) it's an "all-in-one" connector which occupies all the pins on the NTG even there were no wires are fitted(see previous comments on this topic). Any cable you buy, you will not be able to fit in without cutting it and re-soldering. Eventually you may buy a cable, and get rid of the plastic connector from it, and then you can fit the small metallic female "pins" from the cable you bought into the original big connector.
But because I am an electro-hobbyist and I already had such female connectors, i made all by myself.

Later edit: i forgot how detailed this topic is already, everything I wrote considering that it's useful, it is already written in this topic. But I still want to make clear that for NTG3, you can't use Aux cables... NTG3 have the audio input in the big connector on pins 5,15, 16.

Last edited by McCasian; 04-12-2022 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-12-2022, 05:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
CL550 AMG package
Originally Posted by McCasian
I made it by myself.

As I said in a previous post, don't buy the cheap aux cables from eBay, they don't work... at least for NTG3(first generation of W221). The cables from eBay have 12 pins, but the NTG 3 white socket has 10 pins only, and I am not even sure if that is for AUX or for something else.
The big connector behind the NTG3(pre-facelift w221) it's an "all-in-one" connector which occupies all the pins on the NTG even there were no wires are fitted(see previous comments on this topic). Any cable you buy, you will not be able to fit in without cutting it and re-soldering. Eventually you may buy a cable, and get rid of the plastic connector from it, and then you can fit the small metallic female "pins" from the cable you bought into the original big connector.
But because I am an electro-hobbyist and I already had such female connectors, i made all by myself.

Later edit: i forgot how detailed this topic is already, everything I wrote considering that it's useful, it is already written in this topic. But I still want to make clear that for NTG3, you can't use Aux cables... NTG3 have the audio input in the big connector on pins 5,15, 16.
Just found a company that makes them easy. Just plug in and good to go:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26442873844...kAAOSwZENctlQa
Old 04-12-2022, 05:08 PM

S450L
perfect, that's what you need for NTG3