S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Bough S350 2006, no way to stream from phone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes S350 2006
Bough S350 2006, no way to stream from phone

Hi guys

Finally bought my dreamcar.. a S350 2006 in mint condition here in Sweden.
But this is driving me crazy. Acually so crazy that if this cant be fixed.. i cant keep it lol. I need my spotify on my iphone to work. Im addicted to music.

So.. i have command. There is no aux that i have found, and ive searched the whole car.. theres not Aux in the menu in the Command screen either.

I have bluetooth in the car. When i search for devices i get two. My Iphone and MB Connection.
If i pick MB connection i can use the phone, phonelist and so on is showing on the screen. But no way to stream.

If i pick my Iphone, i get error on the iphone.. something about UHI is not supported.

So please guys help me out.
What options do i have? Is there something i can trade my bluetooth device so i can connect my phone there?
Or do i have to get it to someone who can install a AUX for me?

This is the device i have

My car =)
Attached Thumbnails Bough S350 2006, no way to stream from phone-bt.jpg  
Old 09-21-2015, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 474 Likes on 363 Posts
2015 S550
Your car does not have an aux input and no way of streaming music with any parts through MB.

This company can get you the aux port/harness and BT receiver. You'd have to have a company out your way install it or you can do it yourself. But since it runs through the aux port, I don't believe you'd be able to see what track is playing on your COMAND screen. Everything would have to be done through your phone or iPod.

http://www.midcityengineering.com/
Old 09-21-2015, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 554 Likes on 471 Posts
2016 C300
Originally Posted by Cynical
Hi guys

Finally bought my dreamcar.. a S350 2006 in mint condition here in Sweden.
But this is driving me crazy. Acually so crazy that if this cant be fixed.. i cant keep it lol. I need my spotify on my iphone to work. Im addicted to music.

So.. i have command. There is no aux that i have found, and ive searched the whole car.. theres not Aux in the menu in the Command screen either.

I have bluetooth in the car. When i search for devices i get two. My Iphone and MB Connection.
If i pick MB connection i can use the phone, phonelist and so on is showing on the screen. But no way to stream.

If i pick my Iphone, i get error on the iphone.. something about UHI is not supported.

So please guys help me out.
What options do i have? Is there something i can trade my bluetooth device so i can connect my phone there?
Or do i have to get it to someone who can install a AUX for me?

This is the device i have

My car =)
The early 221s did not have Aux In or an IPod interface standard, however at least here in the U.S. it was a dealer installed option. Not sure the part # or availability. The "puck" in your center console is strictly for telephone.

If you can get the factory IPod kit installed, then add a Tune2Air BT audio adapter. That will connect to the IPod input and allow you to pair to any BT audio device for music streaming. You'll also retain control via the COMAND screen or steering wheel buttons and see track and artist info.