S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

w221 s65 dead battery electronics help pls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 04:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w221 s65 dead battery electronics help pls

I disconnected starter battery and left car for two months.

Came back after two months and car dead. I put charger on the special postive post in engine compartment next to the starter battery and negative post of starter battery. After few hours the car started.

problem is when key remove none of the electronics work, can't lock door with remote and even interior light does not come on. Also seat massage function doesnt come on which tells me the consumer battery is low on power.

But the car starts and runs fine. Just when not running it has no electric power.

I tried charging consumer battery directly in the rear. No change.

Am i correct to assume the consumer battery is dead and needs to be replace?
Old 06-23-2017, 09:58 AM

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by asianbond

Came back after two months and car dead. I put charger on the special postive post in engine compartment next to the starter battery and negative post of starter battery. After few hours the car started.

problem is when key remove none of the electronics work, can't lock door with remote and even interior light does not come on. Also seat massage function doesnt come on which tells me the consumer battery is low on power.

But the car starts and runs fine. Just when not running it has no electric power.

Sounds like you have killed your consumer battery.
Johan
Old 06-23-2017, 10:16 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by asianbond

I just replaced my rear battery
Old 06-23-2017, 11:51 AM

thanks guys, will replace rear battery then
Old 06-23-2017, 10:06 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
2004 W240 Maybach 57
In cars with two batteries, I believe the disconnect procedure is Consumer battery negative terminal first, then Starter battery negative terminal second. So, if you disconnected your Starter battery out of sequence, you may have fouled up the Consumer side controllers/computers. Lets hope not. ALSO, batteries can be tested for health (ability to hold charge), so I would not replace a battery without having it checked out first.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 95 Posts
W221 S600, W220 S55 AMG Kompressor, W124 300E, W140 S320, W210 E3204M W164 ML320 Bluetec
Did you charge the rear consumer battery with an appropriate AGM-aware charger? If the battery has drained, it may take a few charges overnight to get the battery to maximum capacity. What kind of charger did you use, and what did the charger indicate the voltage values and capacity values were?
Old 07-05-2017, 03:54 AM

initially i used a cheap $22 dollar black and decker charger i bought on amazon. i think it was defective.

Then i used a ctek charger and everything came back on properly. so consumer battery is still good, did not have to change it.