S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

W221 Owner update and some issues

Old 10-10-2017, 09:25 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2007 W221 S550 (mine), 2006 W211 E350 (family's), 2015 W205 C300 (family's)
Exclamation W221 Owner update and some issues

Hello all, I'm back with another update for my 2007 Mercedes-Benz S550. Absolutely love the car, it's fast, pretty reliable, and my god is it a looker. But, I have some issues. I need new brake pads, and rotors. The pads it currently has are pretty low and the rotors have some lines and a slight edge on the lip. So advice for which ones to get would be nice, I was looking at the Zimmerman rotors I found on Pelican parts' website, and Hella Pagid pads for like $60 a set. This isn't really my only issue though, I happened to have a small accident that royally F*^KED my rear end. I was traveling about 35mph on a slight bend when my rear started to hydroplane to the left, I corrected the wheel and the car slammed to the right and hit the curb. There was a large puddle on the road and it was poring down rain, needless to say I was pissed, terrified, and annoyed. I had literally just went to Discount Tire and had my front tires replaced, the guy told me to replace my rears because the right rear had only 2/32"s tread left. I told him I would wait a month or so and do it then. That didn't work out well as you can see. Anyways, I ended up bending a control arm and it made the car un-driveable, the right rear is "cockeyed" and steered towards the right. The pictures I'm about to post look like crap because they were taken at night with the flash on.

Needless to say I need a new wheel, new control arms, and a definitely an alignment. I would turn this in on insurance, but my insurance is already absolutely insane being a 16 year old male driving a 380hp Mercedes. At first we thought it bent the frame, (it drove that bad), but after my uncle and I looked under the vehicle and saw the frame was as straight as an arrow, we saw this.
That's supposed to be completely straight, we're ordering a set of control arms and are hoping this fixes it. The other side looks like this
Totally straight.

Mainly this was a PSA to not drive with low tread tires (haha pretty obvious right, I was pretty ignorant.) My family purchased a set of Pirelli P-Zero Niro all seasons for the front last week, this is what we're getting for the rears too because they were reasonably priced and last longer than the Michelin Pilot SuperSports that our Lexus and this had. Any advice for what to look for and what brakes to get would be highly appreciated, I ****ed up y'all, but I genuinely feel if I was in my old Camaro or another car it would've been MUCH worse. Considering how hard it slammed the curb, I'm pretty impressed with how little the damage was. I'm also going to replace the transmission mount, i've been saying i need to do this and it's a cheap item that needs to be replaced at one point or another. My uncle and I are probably going to do the repairs because he's really mechanically inclined and my family has a diesel (semi/lorry) repair shop with lots of tools to use. Good luck to you all, and have a great day/night.