S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Warranty Dispute Help TIME is of the essence

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 12:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 s550
Warranty Dispute Help TIME is of the essence

I have a Premium Agreement with Carchex. My car is at the dealership and they told me I have a Defective Headlamp Motor. The only way to replace the headlamp motor is to replace the whole light assembly which is $1900.

My Contract states that the HEADLAMP MOTOR is covered under the premium electric section. However, Carchex states that it is a part specific contract and a whole light assembly is not listed and they won't cover it.

My thoughts are, HEAD LAMP MOTOR is listed and should be replaced -- the fact that it is part of the headlamp assembly is not a valid reason for not fixing the headlamp motor.

Thoughts? I have been arguing with the claims department and supervisor and they aren't budging. They have tried to change the target that its not the motor to avoid coverage.

Need help and arguments. Thank you in advance.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 570 Likes on 390 Posts
2019 S63 4Matic+, 2018 E400 Cabrio, wardens car.
Sounds like a bunch of weasels. I would pay it and then take them to small claims court.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 182 Likes on 152 Posts
s550 Diamond white amg pano
Not gona lie sounds like your beat. Which is why aftermkt warty stinks. Get a mint light off ebay for 300 bux and change it yourself.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:56 PM

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
2007 CL550
Send a certified letter to Carchex describing your problem. Ask them to identify where you can purchase ONLY the motor. Enclose a statement from your Mercedes dealer stating that the motor is NOT available as a separate part and that the entire headlight assembly must be replaces. Keep a copy which will serve as evidence when you file in small claims court to recoup your cost if their response is unsatisfactory. Ask them to provide the part or identify where it can be purchased.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 482 Likes on 368 Posts
2015 S550
Originally Posted by 1bad540
......Which is why aftermkt warty stinks.
Untrue. This is what happens when you purchase a "named component" policy. If he purchased an exclusionary policy, he would likely have no issues whatsoever. My exclusionary "after-market" policy has already paid out over $16k in claims and is getting ready to shell out at least $10k more. I'll be sure to update my warranty claims thread after I get my car back. BTW, that policy still has 4 more years of coverage left and I only paid $3300 for it. I'm sure it will greatly enhance the resale value of my car if I decide to sell it in a couple of years.

Do you still think that "aftermkt warty stinks"?
Old 12-15-2017, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No dave I think yours is great and you really lucked out with a good one. I think most of them are scams.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 482 Likes on 368 Posts
2015 S550
Originally Posted by 1bad540
No dave I think yours is great and you really lucked out with a good one. I think most of them are scams.
I agree that there are probably some who should be paying out legitimate claims, but don't. That's why you should always do your research before buying a policy. It's always important to purchase a policy that is underwritten by a major carrier that has been in good standing for a long time. And when it comes to these cars, it is very important to only purchase an "exclusionary policy" and to fully read and comprehend the entire contract (not the brochure the dealer provides) before opting to purchase that coverage. I've heard positive things about Carchex, but the problem seems to be the type of policy that the OP purchased. These warranties are really just insurance policies. And insurance companies do not ever pay out on any claims that are excluded from the purchased coverage.

I'm sure that after their experience with me, my warranty company is likely thinking twice about covering MB V12 cars.

Last edited by DaveW68; 12-15-2017 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DaveW68
I agree that there are probably some who should be paying out legitimate claims, but don't. That's why you should always do your research before buying a policy. It's always important to purchase a policy that is underwritten by a major carrier that has been in good standing for a long time. And when it comes to these cars, it is very important to only purchase an "exclusionary policy" and to fully read and comprehend the entire contract (not the brochure the dealer provides) before opting to purchase that coverage. I've heard positive things about Carchex, but the problem seems to be the type of policy that the OP purchased. These warranties are really just insurance policies. And insurance companies do not ever pay out on any claims that are excluded from the purchased coverage.

I'm sure that after their experience with me, my warranty company is likely thinking twice about covering MB V12 cars.
bet yours is the last v12 they cover! LOL